Diamond Jubilee Concert - your funniest bits

HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Mine were Lenny Henry saying "all the black people say yeah. That's 3 of us." and nobody laughed.

Elton John in his pink lurex coat and his rug on his head. He looked like matron of honour at the Corrie wedding of Rita & Dennis.

Prince Charles .... "Your Majesty - Mummy."

At the end the Queen having to stand right next to Cheryl Cole (complete with her tattoos) - I was hoping Biffa didn't take a dislike to her and try and deck her. AND Cheryl not knowing the words to the National Anthem.:D:D

Annie Lennox - what WAS that all about?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,129
    Forum Member
    Grace Jones, Will.i.am and Stevie Wonder (even though he's one of my all time favourites) thinking it was the Queen's birthday. :o
  • goldieloxgoldielox Posts: 8,425
    Forum Member
    Tweedy's "singing"

Grace and her hoola hooping

Cliff not being able to talk or sing and sounding whilst attempting both like someone trying and failing to master their new false teeth
  • AnthonyCAnthonyC Posts: 2,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul McCartney, 'singing'.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    goldielox wrote: »
    Tweedy's "singing"

Grace and her hoola hooping

Cliff not being able to talk or sing and sounding whilst attempting both like someone trying and failing to master their new false teeth

I took a break while Cliff was on - I didn't miss much then?
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »

No you didn't. He should have left his teeth at home
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without a doubt, Charlie.
    Forum Member
    AnthonyC wrote: »

I left the room when he came on and until he'd finished. Can't abide him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    :D:DGrace Jones and her Britains got talent act by far
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI5bMfS168w :eek:
  • maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got to be "Cheryl" trying to sing that brilliant country song loved by millions normally,but now have her version of "need you now" stuck in their heads:o Gary Barlow WTF were you thinking?:eek:
  • Manc-RedManc-Red Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl's attempt at singing was beyond embarrassing.
  • SupercellSupercell Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    maureens wrote: »
    Got to be "Cheryl" trying to sing that brilliant country song loved by millions normally,but now have her version of "need you now" stuck in their heads:o

I just had to go and have a rummage on You Tube to check it was as bad as I originally thought... I needn't have bothered.

I heard the first notes on the piano and recognised it and suddenly thought Oh No! they are going to ruin this song, and one of them duly obliged....:cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Supercell wrote: »
    I just had to go and have a rummage on You Tube to check it was as bad as I originally thought... I needn't have bothered.

I heard the first notes on the piano and recognised it and suddenly thought Oh No! they are going to ruin this song, and one of them duly obliged....:cry:

:D i heard the piano and thought nooooooooo please dont sing this lovely song...... and they did:cry:
  • fredsnailfredsnail Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grace Jones was fantastic :D

Cheryl was funny for all the wrong reasons.

Charles was intentionally funny, and unintentionally funnier than all the comedians.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh Biffo .... I was going to thank you but .......:cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,129
    Forum Member
    Manc-Red wrote: »
    Cheryl's attempt at singing was beyond embarrassing.

...and to think of the number of British female singers who can actually sing and would have done the song justice e.g. Adele, Leona Lewis, Beverly Knight etc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sazaleeno wrote: »
    ...and to think of the number of British female singers who can actually sing and would have done the song justice e.g. Adele, Leona Lewis, Beverly Knight etc

This is what i dont get she is an horrendous "singer" but she must have friends in high places to get that slot (and stood next to the queen) but really i dont think she has done herself(or Gary) any favour's tonight after that sham, people around the world watching(especially in the US where the song won loads of grammy's) must have being thinking WTF is this crap?:confused:
  • the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have just read on the Telegraph that the queen might not have been able to hear half of it as she's thought to have been wearing discreet ear plugs as she apparently did for the Golden jubilee concert. I love that. :D:D

And yes Cheryl's singing was atrocious - so few of these performers can actually sing live. Grace Jones's outfit was hilarious. I did enjoy Madness and Paul McCartney though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sazaleeno wrote: »

There's always people singing at these events that shouldn't.... but she hasn't a note in her head.

Crazy decision to let her in
  • stairwaystairway Posts: 1,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maureens wrote: »
    Got to be "Cheryl" trying to sing that brilliant country song loved by millions normally,but now have her version of "need you now" stuck in their heads:o Gary Barlow WTF were you thinking?:eek:

Maybe showing the public that she REALLY can't sing live.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stairway wrote: »
    Maybe showing the public that she REALLY can't sing live.

Well he definately did that!
  • madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    AnthonyC wrote: »

What??????!!!!! He's iconic and yes he did sing well, unlike Elton John whose voice has half gone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What??????!!!!! He's iconic and yes he did sing well, unlike Elton John whose voice has half gone.

Both voices were trash - they remain icons however.
  • madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I loved Lenny's talking about Charles selling the DVD's of tonight's performance to the public outside the Palace. Loved Peter Kaye as always, who on earth is Miranda Hart because she was just cringeworthy and I thought she looked like she was dressed as though she was working in an office. Loved Lee Mack talking about Harry hiding six packs under his seat! I'm with everyone else though that Cole did not deserve to be there tonight ffs Gary, you've put on a spectacular do and you invite this one and not only that, to sing with you! She cannot sing, never has done, never will be able to and what on earth was she wearing.
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,625
    Forum Member
    Manc-Red wrote: »
    There's always people singing at these events that shouldn't.... but she hasn't a note in her head.

Crazy decision to let her in
    Agreed, she looked totally out of place at an event like this alongside music legends.