Options

EE - Why Tosh grassed him up

FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
Forum Member
Was it because she was jealous that he had three kids and she had a miscarriage after trying to have one? She made a comment about how he has kids last week so I'm guessing it was out of jealousy that he was willing to put his kids in danger.

I don't believe that she'd get involved just because it's her job.

Comments

• Options
    Kirk AngelKirk Angel Posts: 4,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol Seriously?!
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because he commited arson and risked lives . Why is it that the one who does the right thing gets the hassle ?
    I dont like Tosh , but this time I think she is in the right . It is Alfie who did wrong
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She did it because there was circumstantial evidence to show arson. She'd lose her job if it turned out she knew something and didn't report it
  • Options
    HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    Was it because she was jealous that he had three kids and she had a miscarriage after trying to have one? She made a comment about how he has kids last week so I'm guessing it was out of jealousy that he was willing to put his kids in danger.

I don't believe that she'd get involved just because it's her job.

No. She explained in tonights episode. She and her colleagues put their lives at risk every time they go out on a job. It doesn't help when people put their lives at risk on purpose.
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alfie may have done wrong but that doesn't mean I can't have compassion for him. Besides I hate how smug Tosh is. Anyway, what is she basing her claim on? the fact that a cigarette was found in the bin and that she hadn't actually seen anyone smoking - for all she knows Alfie could have turned to smoking out of stress and smoked inside the house.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hankshaw wrote: »
    No. She explained in tonights episode. She and her colleagues put their lives at risk every time they go out on a job. It doesn't help when people put their lives at risk on purpose.

Except in this case the house was empty before the firefighters arrived as Alfie had got Kat out and Johnny and Peter came out very quickly. None of the firefighters put themselves at risk in this instance and luckily for Alfie, nobody died.
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Alfie may have done wrong but that doesn't mean I can't have compassion for him. Besides I hate how smug Tosh is. Anyway, what is she basing her claim on? the fact that a cigarette was found in the bin and that she hadn't actually seen anyone smoking - for all she knows Alfie could have turned to smoking out of stress and smoked inside the house.

It's because Alfie was asking her about people who deliberately set fire to their homes for the insurance money on the episode where Mick was doing a bbq in the square. She knew how they were struggling and thought it was suspicious that a fire mysteriously started after he learned about the insurance money from a fire.
  • Options
    VioletSummersVioletSummers Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel94 wrote: »
    It's because Alfie was asking her about people who deliberately set fire to their homes for the insurance money on the episode where Mick was doing a bbq in the square. She knew how they were struggling and thought it was suspicious that a fire mysteriously started after he learned about the insurance money from a fire.

She also heard from Stacey that everyone was meant to be out.

Alfie asking about insurance jobs + his family who being broke + what he believes to be an empty house = A suspicious looking fire to Tosh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She also heard from Stacey that everyone was meant to be out.

Alfie asking about insurance jobs + his family who being broke + what he believes to be an empty house = A suspicious looking fire to Tosh.

Well, at least it's clear that Alfie never meant to harm anyone.
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He commited a crime though and damaged property
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    even using the word "grass" is ridiculous. she did nothing wrong.
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Absolutely. All Tosh did was do her job.

The only one who is wrong in all this is Alfie.
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    frankly he deserved it. I dont like tosh but she was right and nanna moon will convict him when she falls out the roof of the stall.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's like something out a 1960's gangster film.

I am with Tosh all the way on this one - I just wish that one day Philth would suffer for (accidentally) burning that poor homeless bloke to death.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duckylucky wrote: »
    He commited a crime though and damaged property

I know, but it does make a real difference to me that he never intended to harm anyone - it makes me compassionate towards him. At least he will only be charged with fraud and arson if he is arrested. It's not like Karl Munro.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's like something out a 1960's gangster film.

I am with Tosh all the way on this one - I just wish that one day Philth would suffer for (accidentally) burning that poor homeless bloke to death.

To be fair Phil served prison time when Den framed him for the robbery.
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    I can't imagine Linda being too pleased about Mick helping Alfie after he could have killed Johnny in the fire.. I like Mick and how compassionate he is, but he really needs to put his family first like he promised after the Ian problem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair Phil served prison time when Den framed him for the robbery.

What has that got to do with anything?

And please do not remind me of that storyline - caught red handed committing armed robbery - assaulted several coppers after being on the run for years - and then gets off scot free because Grant intimidated the security guard.

B****s utter, utter b*****s and people moan about Stacey coming back! :o
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the beginning it did seem like she was jealous of the kids. She clearly hasn't heard about Michael Moon then.

I do think that Tosh has behaved unprofessionally and should instead have reported her suspicions to the appropriate colleage(s) for proper investigation. Those dealing with the Moons' case could then report to the police.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What has that got to do with anything?

And please do not remind me of that storyline - caught red handed committing armed robbery - assaulted several coppers after being on the run for years - and then gets off scot free because Grant intimidated the security guard.

B****s utter, utter b*****s and people moan about Stacey coming back! :o

You said he wasn't punished for manslaughtering the homeless man but I pointed out that he has spent time in prison similar to how Janine was wrongly imprisoned for Laura's death but it was karmatic punishment for leaving Barry to die.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mel94 wrote: »
    I can't imagine Linda being too pleased about Mick helping Alfie after he could have killed Johnny in the fire.. I like Mick and how compassionate he is, but he really needs to put his family first like he promised after the Ian problem.

Ian's case was a bit different. He told Linda and made her promise to keep quiet and Ian didn't feel at all bad about Mick taking the rap. This time, Mick hasn't involved his family and Alfie most definitely feels guilty.
  • Options
    Paulie WalnutsPaulie Walnuts Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's also clear that he was criminally reckless and a totally useless waste of space. No matter how skint he claims to be he'll still spend his last few pounds on beer, gambling or some other non essential item.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You said he wasn't punished for manslaughtering the homeless man but I pointed out that he has spent time in prison similar to how Janine was wrongly imprisoned for Laura's death but it was karmatic punishment for leaving Barry to die.

Fair enough but he spent less than a tenth of the time in prison that he deserves for all the despicable acts he has committed over the years.

In my opinion of course. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair enough but he spent less than a tenth of the time in prison that he deserves for all the despicable acts he has committed over the years.

In my opinion of course. :p

I'm not too crazy about Phil either.
  • Options
    Kirk AngelKirk Angel Posts: 4,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kim_x wrote: »
    In the beginning it did seem like she was jealous of the kids. She clearly hasn't heard about Michael Moon then.

I do think that Tosh has behaved unprofessionally and should instead have reported her suspicions to the appropriate colleage(s) for proper investigation. Those dealing with the Moons' case could then report to the police.

Tosh reported it to the Fire Investigator at the end of last week. There was a scene where she walked up and spoke to him as he was going. Tosh was just doing her job and rather well.