SNP third biggest membership

radio4extracrapradio4extracrap Posts: 2,933
Forum Member
✭✭✭
SNP's membership overtakes LibDem's into third place. Ukip not far behind. Poloitics is changing. Get those LDs out of the Lords!

Comments

• ecco66ecco66 Posts: 16,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SNP's membership overtakes LibDem's into third place. Ukip not far behind. Poloitics is changing. Get those LDs out of the Lords!
    Don't get too excited. The combined membership of all four parties is just under half the membership of the RSPB.
  • James2001James2001 Posts: 73,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A new membership full of ranting looneys who can't accept they lost the referendum- I can't see how this new influx will do the party much good.
  • BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,555
    Forum Member
    ecco66 wrote: »
    Don't get too excited. The combined membership of all four parties is just under half the membership of the RSPB.

That is a fantastic piece of trivia but also says something more serious
    Genuine thank you for posting this as I love these sort of things
  • northantsgirlnorthantsgirl Posts: 4,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The RSPB have a thing about protecting endangered species. Perhaps they should turn their hand to British political parties?
  • David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The RSPB have a thing about protecting endangered species. Perhaps they should turn their hand to British political parties?

Royal Society for the Protection of Balls.

He's got to be an endangered species, surely?
  • Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They've been waiting, biding their time. Soon we will bow to our avian overlords.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    That is a fantastic piece of trivia but also says something more serious
    Genuine thank you for posting this as I love these sort of things
    You're welcome, as you say it says a lot!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D:D:D Nice one. Perhaps we should be discussing this on twitter? ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David Tee wrote: »

They've been waiting, biding their time. Soon we will bow to our avian overlords.
    Well we had something fishy with Salmond and Sturgeon so it's perhaps time for the birds :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Tee wrote: »

Not as much as the pro-Europeans in the Tory party...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not as much as the pro-Europeans in the Tory party...
    Pro-EU is very different to pro-European and there are a lot more pro-Europeans in the Conservative party than you think.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D Nice one. Perhaps we should be discussing this on twitter? ;-)

Nah, that's one for the birds.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah, that's one for the birds.
    You are on very chirpy form tonight, dear lady.
  • BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,555
    Forum Member
    You are on very chirpy form tonight, dear lady.

Back to the thread Are the party strategists hatching plans to attract new members?
  • duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James2001 wrote: »
    A new membership full of ranting looneys who can't accept they lost the referendum- I can't see how this new influx will do the party much good.

Full? So every new member is a ranting looney?

How do you know this?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Full? So every new member is a ranting looney?

How do you know this?

Where did I say it was "every" new member? But I'd say it's quite obvious a large proportion of them will be those that are groaning and sulking about not winning, and will have seen joining the SNP as a way of airing their grievances.
  • Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    Back to the thread Are the party strategists hatching plans to attract new members?

Doesn't every party? If not, they probably should be.
  • geemonkeegeemonkee Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where did I say it was "every" new member? But I'd say it's quite obvious a large proportion of them will be those that are groaning and sulking about not winning, and will have seen joining the SNP as a way of airing their grievances.

Or maybe they're just getting active and trying to do something about their views instead of sitting in a chair expecting things to change all by itself.
  • barky99barky99 Posts: 3,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SNP now has 10 times the members Scottish Labour has, many are defecting from Labour & bulk of the yes Scotland activists many previously of no political party are coming aboard -- our aim? to get Labour out of Scotland and gain independence possibly without need for a referendum ..... act 1 over, act 2 begins!
  • lizbetlizbet Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barky99 wrote: »
    SNP now has 10 times the members Scottish Labour has, many are defecting from Labour & bulk of the yes Scotland activists many previously of no political party are coming aboard -- our aim? to get Labour out of Scotland and gain independence possibly without need for a referendum ..... act 1 over, act 2 begins!

Independence regardless whether people want it or not ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lizbet wrote: »
    Independence regardless whether people want it or not ?

Shows you how "democratic" the SNP and their supporters are.
  • lizbetlizbet Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shows you how "democratic" the SNP and their supporters are.

Yes agree.....truly frightening.... One Scotland = a one party state :o:o
  • CoolSharpHarpCoolSharpHarp Posts: 7,565
    Forum Member

I see you've given up tackling the democratic deficit... Scary stuff! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And people were saying the comparisons to North Korea were too extreme...

I used to think the SNP weren't as bad as other nationalist parties, but the last couple of weeks have been a real eye opener!
  • LenkaLenka Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Loving your work.