Failed or Forgotten Drama Series

123457»

Comments

• Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ellene wrote: »
    Also Chance with Clive Owen and also a detective drama that for the life of me can't remember the name but he was losing his sight in it.

That was called Second Sight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    Sunburn!

I quite liked this, even with Michelle Collins isnging the theme tune
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fighting Back with Hazel O'Connor from 1986
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    revolver44 wrote: »
    That was called Second Sight.

Thanks, I really enjoyed that one

Also loved A Town like Alice with Bryan Brown and the first series of Murder One not the second series despite Anthony LaPaglia
  • Options
    Alpha-Sun2Alpha-Sun2 Posts: 2,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    55 Degrees North.

That was a good programme.
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    According to Play.com, the official DVD of Takin' Over the Aslyum is out on the 2nd June, I know this might get taken off the release schedule, but just letting people know just in case it comes off and is actually released.

Thank you for that information! I'm quite excited by that news - what a brilliant series that was.
  • Options
    WhovianWhovian Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Manimal and Automan - quality cheese from the 80s
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oi_cheeky! wrote: »
    Come Home Charlie and Face Them

Albion Market

Lifeboat

Making out - I LOVED THIS!!! Fave quote "Oi Pauline, knock us up some butties will ys!"

MAKING OUT!! I still have the first book with season 1 - great Margi Clarke quotes galore - why this has not been put on DVD is beyond me

is this thread failed or forgottne because many shows mentioned are not failures

WIDOWS!!SHES OUT!! Oh My God its Dolly Rawlins!!
  • Options
    martinamerlotmartinamerlot Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whovian wrote: »
    Manimal and Automan - quality cheese from the 80s

I loved Automan-was delighted when Bravo showed it again over a weekend a few years ago! :D:o

Would love to see the quality supernatural dramas they used to make for older kids like Moondial, etc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    gerry d wrote: »
    ITV3 have recently being showing this programme.The episode i watched not so long ago was about the 3 men who kill a pedophile only to discover that they killed the wrong man.1 of the men that did the killing was a policeman.

Another drama i remember from the 80's although i'm sure there was abit of humour in it was "Big Deal" with Ray Brooks.

Ray Brooks as Bobby Box....also starred Sharon Duce
    didn't they also star together in a Saturday tea-time slot about a couple who adopted kids?
  • Options
    REVUpminsterREVUpminster Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ghost Squad being mentioned here, I don't think its the Donald Wolfit series with the whistling theme tune, you can get it from Network dvd. Incidently his daughter Margaret obituary is in todays Telegraph. As for forgotton series I am waiting for Network to release The four just men and the Australian western Whiplash. I am also a fan of Queen of Swords and that at least returns to Zone thriller in December.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big Deal
    Bullman
    The Manageress
    One Summer

None of the above were failures, just never repeated anywhere - and i loved them all
  • Options
    tomvoxxtomvoxx Posts: 2,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charles Endell Esquire (an STV 1979 spinoff from LWT's Budgie) highlighting Iain Cuthbertson's character.
  • Options
    robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i loved crime travller was gutted when they axed it-could av gone alot further i feel
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I fondly remember " A very peculiar practice", about a universty campus medical centre

That was totally brilliant. However, they made a sequel, and it was rubbish.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Show about a prison.. "The Governor".. it was about a female prison governor. Ran her over in the last episode I think and never showed it again!
  • Options
    davidsevendavidseven Posts: 3,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quiller shown by the beeb in 1975 starring Michael Jayston and Prunella Gee. Has never been repeated since first TX.

http://www.startrader.co.uk/Action%20TV/guide70s/quiller.htm
  • Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Show about a prison.. "The Governor".. it was about a female prison governor. Ran her over in the last episode I think and never showed it again!

There were two series of The Governor, the first is out on dvd, I bought it last year. It was axed after series two, which depressed me at the time as I loved it :(
    It was written by Lynda La Plant.
  • Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cats Eyes...when Leslie Ash was lovely.
  • Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ellene wrote: »
    I loved Our Friends In The North with Christopher Eccleston & Gina McKee amongst others.

...those others included a certain Daniel Craig.

(This was the show when Doctor Who met James bond...and Lindermann :D)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    Rorschach wrote: »
    ...those others included a certain Daniel Craig.

Even if neither failed nor forgotten being multi-award winning and a high entry in many best drama rundowns!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    Ultraviolet - now that was a great series cut down in it's prime. I have the DVD so I watch it alot.

The Grand - ITV series, set in a hotel in the 1930's. The 1st series was great but the 2nd one wasn't as.

Plotlands - it was on BBC1.

Sunburn.

Glasgow Kiss

The Inspector Lynely Mysterious - they could have given fans their ending.
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Gosh! I've read through a lot of these and it has brought back many memories...anyone remember these:-
    (some have already been mentioned)
    DAYTIME: General Hospital, Together, Harriet's Back In Town, Marked Personal, For Maddie With Love (all 70's soaps).
    NIGHT-TIME: Within These Walls, A Bouquet of Barbed Wire, Budgie, Sam, Family At War, Upstairs Downstairs, Danger UXB, We'll Meet Again. And when it comes to American programmes...
    It's nice to see other things repeated on TV - but they repeat them TOO many times in my opinion. eg: Diagnosis Murder/Murder She Wrote. Why not show some good old American dramas (?) like Knots Landing, Sunset Beach (OK that wasn't a drama, but it was good fun!), Dallas, ooh I've gone on too long here - time to go.
    I think I've made my point.:):o