Options

Can you digitise TV programmes?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
Forum Member
Hi! My friend is heavily featured on this Fridays "Tonight" programme, and we would like to have thie programme digitised, so we could upload it to the web. Is anyone able to do this? Would someone be willing to do us a favour?! This is pretty comon place on youtube etc, so hopefully someone could do this to help out?!

Many thank! : )

:D

Comments

• Options
    OrthiconOrthicon Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To do this legally, you'd have to obtain written permission from ITV because they own the copyright. If you don't, Youtube could remove the video and ITV could prosecute.

You'd then have to send a copy of the ITV letter to the person doing the encoding as they need to confirm that you've got permission. Until you've done this, I doubt anyone on here will touch this with a barge pole.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I do understand the strict legality, but if you take a look at youtube and such sites there is a wide range of ITV footage on there, none of which has been removed. Worst case - no one would be punished, the worst thing will be it being removed.

So...that being said, would anyone be able to help? Thanksl : )
  • Options
    Andy BAndy B Posts: 15,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it the 'Could the Internet Make You Rich' episode? I've set my capture card to record it. I'm not sure about uploading it to YouTube but I can send you the whole episode so you can burn on DVD.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thats the one Andy! That would be brilliant, really appreciate that, thanks so much! To be honest, just the raw file would be better for me anyway, as I will edit it, add titles etc myself! Lets see how large the file is...perhaps you could upload it via http://www.transferbigfiles.com/ Its free, and would make life pretty easy :)

Thanks again! : )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Andy, I hope this is ok...really appreciate your help : ) Let me know! Thanks : )
  • Options
    Andy BAndy B Posts: 15,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't worry I've recorded the programme, everything's fine; The file size is 414MB (from broadcast, and its a MPEG2 file), I've edited out the adverts and its in widescreen. :)

I'll PM you the link once its uploaded.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Andy, you are a complete star!!!!!!! Thanks so much! We had a party and all watched it, she was great!!! Let me know the link, and I will download ASAP.

Thanks again! : )
  • Options
    DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's available (legally) to stream on the ITV Player ... not the best option, especially considering it's
    had a very poor reputation. Although it has improved since they switched from Silverlight to Flash.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    yeah, im looking for something we cna host for the future, not just the next 30 days! : ) Thanks though xx