Options

Does anyone else use babywipes instead of toilet roll?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,803
    Forum Member
    flowerpowa wrote: »
    Sorry to say your drains will soon be clogded up with babywipes. Our next door neighbour had to call out the sewage people, who blamed babywipes for the blockage and charged her a fortune to clear it.

Ours seems ok. Got me own draining rods anyway everyman should own a set, used them a couple of times in the past (quite good fun and rewarding when you free a blockage) though prior to baby wipe usuage.
  • Options
    chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    Yes, our family household does.

Toilet roll to get rid of most of the er..*ahem*...then wet wipe to clean, the toilet roll to dry.

Didn't know you weren't supposed to flush them down the loo tho!!
  • Options
    CalphurniaCalphurnia Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only if I run out of toilet roll.
  • Options
    wayne71wayne71 Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    My auntie has used baby wipes for years , they flush fine and she`s not had blocked drains or anything, and she`s used them for years and years.
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does your mum change you on the table, or the floor?

:D:D

And how do you reach the keyboard to post on DS?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MadameFifi wrote: »
    i always wash my bum after a poo:o

fifi x

Me too...:o
  • Options
    RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tasnim161 wrote: »
    Me too...:o

Me three, and I'm not embarrassed at all about it. I feel really uneasy afterwards when I haven't had the opportunity to do so (eg in work).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Moist toilet tissue is designed to be flushable, and breaks up and biodegrades in the loo or drains/sewers.

Baby wipes do not as they are generally stronger and larger, and are meant to be thrown out in the household waste.

Just buy moist bog roll instead, there are plenty of brands around.
  • Options
    charlie1charlie1 Posts: 10,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RussellIan wrote: »
    Me three, and I'm not embarrassed at all about it. I feel really uneasy afterwards when I haven't had the opportunity to do so (eg in work).

I'd never do one at work, I'd worry about the pong!

I know sometimes you can't hold it in. Luckily though, even when it comes to No 1's, I don't need to go until I get inside the house, and then I'm jigging around like mad.

Must be a conscious thing or something?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Babywipes aren't flushable ? Oh dear I didn't realise. :o

Saw a TV show on BBC quite a while back where some drains in east London were blocked, the council sent their people out to investigate the problem and they found thousands of baby wipes and condoms had bunched together and advised people not to flush them.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    wayne71 wrote: »
    My auntie has used baby wipes for years , they flush fine and she`s not had blocked drains or anything, and she`s used them for years and years.

She may not, but they may cause problems down the road from her.
  • Options
    doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    Value baby wipes are very thin, why can you flush moist toilet tissues and not these?

And why are baby wipes cheaper?

Cost must be why people use these instead of moist toilet paper.
  • Options
    AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone else do this?

No, I'm a grown up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Easy way to test.

Stick some moist toilet tissue in a bowl full of water. Within a few hours it will have started to break down.

Baby wipes wont have as they are generally made of cotton, or cotten like substances to make them soft and strong.
  • Options
    VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use Andrex moist wipes. I wish I had a bidet to be honest. I like a clean botty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Romans used to use a sponge soaked in vinegar on the end of a stick.

That would sting, but i'll bet they had clean bums.
  • Options
    doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    Easy way to test.

Stick some moist toilet tissue in a bowl full of water. Within a few hours it will have started to break down.

Baby wipes wont have as they are generally made of cotton, or cotten like substances to make them soft and strong.

Sounds like baby wipes are better quality than moist toilet tissue yet cheaper, we're getting ripped of again I think.
  • Options
    debailey72debailey72 Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    The only time I would just only use the moist toilet tissues, is when I'm I'll and got the runs as normal tissue feels like I'm wiping my backside with a rough brick.
  • Options
    Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    debailey72 wrote: »
    The only time I would just only use the moist toilet tissues, is when I'm I'll and got the runs as normal tissue feels like I'm wiping my backside with a rough brick.

Yeah, it gets really sore after you've been more than three times in succession. That's when I started using baby wipes funnily enough, as my anus was on fire when I had the runs a couple of months ago.
  • Options
    PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to use baby wipes to wipe my bum until my wife left flash multi purpose wipes with bleach on the back of the toilet and i used them accidentally instead. Oh it stung.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    Sounds like baby wipes are better quality than moist toilet tissue yet cheaper, we're getting ripped of again I think.

You could be right, but I tend to think it's just because moist toilet tissue has to be biodegradable as, being bog roll, people will instinctively shove it down the pan. Whereas baby wipes are designed to be thrown out with the nappies.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MadameFifi wrote: »
    i always wash my bum after a poo:o

fifi x

Me too..........well wipe with a flannel (that only i use)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    I live in a cul-de-sac, last week the drain got blocked and caused everyone's downstairs toilets to overflow, as a result everyone came out to help to unblock the drain only to find it was completely saturated with baby wipes. We all knew who the culprit was (it was the only neighbour with a small child), the wife looked quite embarrassed especially as her husband outed her in front of everyone that she had blocked the drains!

Poor thing, they're a lovely couple, but as others have said, they're not flushable lol.

Oh, and no, I haven't ever used them, but I think I may give it a go after reading such rave reviews on here. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Baby wipes and moist toilet tissue isn't cheap though, being poor I keep a clean bum by just letting the dog lick me clean after each pooh :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    The Romans used to use a sponge soaked in vinegar on the end of a stick.

That would sting,QUOTE]

Wasn't the same sponge one of the Roman gladiators used to kill himself by pushing it down his own throat was it?

During reading books on torture (for writing ideas. HONEST) i discovered that myself.