Options

So what will they do with Bolero this time?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
Forum Member
As this routine has been done to death a million times over, I wonder what original idea they'll come up with this time to attempt to keep it interesting. Last year they put lyrics in and made it an actual song, a couple of years ago they turned it into a flying routine with purple silk, are there any more ideas they could come up with?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    They are working with the guy that did the closing ceremony at the Olympics
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harr123 wrote: »
    As this routine has been done to death a million times over, I wonder what original idea they'll come up with this time to attempt to keep it interesting. Last year they put lyrics in and made it an actual song, a couple of years ago they turned it into a flying routine with purple silk, are there any more ideas they could come up with?

I hope they drop the lyrics which only served to murder what was once a great piece of music! Other than that, I can only think they this years' Bolero will amount to the same-old same-old :yawn:

I do tend to think it is a bit sad that anyone should have to keep harping back to something they did nearly 30 years ago.
  • Options
    JohnCurryJohnCurry Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »
    I can only think that this years' Bolero will amount to the same-old same-old :yawn:

I do tend to think it is a bit sad that anyone should have to keep harping back to something they did nearly 30 years ago.

I have always considered Bolero to be the most boring piece of music ever written, so perhaps it is entirely appropriate for this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    When you think of some of the amazing routines that T&D performed I think they really shot themselves in the foot saying that it had to be Bolero. By my reckoning this will be the 8th final and thus the 8th time celebs perform Bolero. :yawn:

I would prefer it if they could choose one of T&D's other routines: Mack and Mabel, Barnum, Let's Face the Music, the paso doble one (don't know it's name.) The celeb/pro could chose which one they would have a go at. It would make it so much more interesting than yet another Bolero. :yawn: I love this show and want to see it thrive but they don't seem willing to try new things. Evolve or die (of boredom...)

ETA Have no idea how Jayne and Chris can jazz it up. They must be sick of it by now lol :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they'll probably just have Emeli Sande lalala'ing to it
  • Options
    JohnCurryJohnCurry Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps Football On Ice would be more popular.
  • Options
    SliverOfDiamondSliverOfDiamond Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JohnCurry wrote: »
    I have always considered Bolero to be the most boring piece of music ever written, so perhaps it is entirely appropriate for this.

Oh I so agree.

I never could see what was so amazingly special about that routine either, I must admit I far preferred Mack and Mabel, or Barnum.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A gymnastic/acrobatic Bolero from Beth perhaps?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    When you think of some of the amazing routines that T&D performed I think they really shot themselves in the foot saying that it had to be Bolero. By my reckoning this will be the 8th final and thus the 8th time celebs perform Bolero. :yawn:

I would prefer it if they could choose one of T&D's other routines: Mack and Mabel, Barnum, Let's Face the Music, the paso doble one (don't know it's name.) The celeb/pro could chose which one they would have a go at. It would make it so much more interesting than yet another Bolero. :yawn: I love this show and want to see it thrive but they don't seem willing to try new things. Evolve or die (of boredom...)

ETA Have no idea how Jayne and Chris can jazz it up. They must be sick of it by now lol :D

I agree with that, I have a lot of T and D's old VHS and there's loads of superb routines that they did like the ones you mentioned. Yes Bolero was the most famous one because it won gold at the Olympics, but the way they go on on Dancing on ice, you'd think it was the only thing they ever did or the only one that's really worth talking about. No doubt Schofield'll be telling us how wonderful and what a privilege it was to see Jayne and Chris perform it in front of us for the umpteenth time!
  • Options
    sixtynotoutsixtynotout Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I so agree.

I never could see what was so amazingly special about that routine either, I must admit I far preferred Mack and Mabel, or Barnum.

I loved 'I Wont Send Roses', such a sad haunting song. Maybe the Barnum one would be a bit too fast? I would be fun to see though :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    I have thought for a while that one of the other routines would be nice to see. However as they skate the routine for the trophy I suppose that is why T & Ds only gold medal winning routine is the one that is always used .
  • Options
    lovelylissalovelylissa Posts: 1,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's their only Olympic gold medal win but didn't they win the world championships with three other routines (1981 is never really looked at though I guess) and Let's face the music won them the European gold (and SHOULD have won them the Olympic gold grrr)... Personally I love Barnum. I know why bolero is good but it doesn't half bore me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    Maybe Matt will do it as a 'street dance'