Options

Going to a 90's party, what to wear?

MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
Forum Member
I have a party in a couple of weeks time and it's 90's theme. I'm unsure what I should get for the party? I don't really want to do a costume more just clothes that people wore in the 90's. I'm a male btw

Comments

• Options
    Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever you dress up as i hope you have a good time :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't denim jacket with matching denim jeans all the rage back then?
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Those check farmers tops were popular.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Whatever you dress up as i hope you have a good time :)

Thank you :)

I was thinking maybe a dungaree?
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Thank you :)

I was thinking maybe a dungaree?

They had those too and ones with stickered mirror tile on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They had those too and ones with stickered mirror tile on.

They're all really expensive online :o

Maybe I will find a cheapish one soon :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cotton bucket hat, purple/green long sleeved top and swishy denim flares. Go as Reni from the Stone Roses!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    Cotton bucket hat, purple/green long sleeved top and swishy denim flares. Go as Reni from the Stone Roses!

haha :D oh dear :p
  • Options
    Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh i'm so jelouw i wanna go to a 90s party. For a guy maybe go for a 90s grunge look like kurt cobain? or do your hair in curtains like a cheesy boy band member :D Or just wear a bunch of old school stuff like Reebok classics, 90s tracksuit, puffa jacket, 90s style jumper etc like you see in 90s tv shows/films
  • Options
    swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Teletubbies costume. Sorted.

If I were you, I'd go as Tinky Winky.
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    There are already 90s theme parties? God I feel old, i was a teen in the early 90s.

For a simple look, Just wear a pair of old levi's jeans a bit high waisted, a white T-shirt and some Texan, or mexican boots and belt. That's what the hot guys wore. Check Brad Pitt on the Levi's ad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh i'm so jelouw i wanna go to a 90s party. For a guy maybe go for a 90s grunge look like kurt cobain? or do your hair in curtains like a cheesy boy band member :D Or just wear a bunch of old school stuff like Reebok classics, 90s tracksuit, puffa jacket, 90s style jumper etc like you see in 90s tv shows/films

LOL I actually might do that!! Thanks :D
    Viridiana wrote: »
    There are already 90s theme parties? God I feel old, i was a teen in the early 90s.

For a simple look, Just wear a pair of old levi's jeans a bit high waisted, a white T-shirt and some Texan, or mexican boots and belt. That's what the hot guys wore. Check Brad Pitt on the Levi's ad.

Wow hot guys and 90's in the same paragraph! :P
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member

Wow hot guys and 90's in the same paragraph! :P

90s was actually the golden era for Hot guys. Most of them are actually still today's hot guys. Brad Pitt, Johnny Deep, Jared Leto, etc etc. :p
  • Options
    Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Viridiana wrote: »
    90s was actually the golden era for Hot guys. Most of them are actually still today's hot guys. Brad Pitt, Johnny Deep, Jared Leto, etc etc. :p
    And Christian Slater (is he still hot though?)

90s party sounds fun! I can't think of fashion that really defines the 90s though...

EDIT: Be sure to put one of those clear, coloured dummies around your neck though (if you can source one). They were soooo 1992!
  • Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    And Christian Slater (is he still hot though?)

90s party sounds fun! I can't think of fashion that really defines the 90s though...

EDIT: Be sure to put one of those clear, coloured dummies around your neck though (if you can source one). They were soooo 1992!

can't you really? There was grunge, rave, those stupid trousers with skirts attached, whatever the Spice Girls wore seemed to spawn imitations.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    What do you think about a pair of high waisted jeans and a crop top ? I hope it will be hotter by that time. Have fun !!!

I like this style :D:cool:
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shell suit with chunky gold jewellery. Best ones to wear...poppers...
    As a raver, glow sticks and UV wear
    Go as a spice girl?
  • Options
    Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Basically choose any clothes you might ordinarily wear to wash the car / weed the garden / paint a wall. Screw those clothes into a ball and throw them into the corner of your room, leave for several weeks. Meanwhile grow your hair longer but remember not to wash, brush or otherwise groom it in anyway. Apply some black eyeliner (badly), paint your bitten unmanicured nails black, get dressed in the crumpled up clothes and taa-daa you are 90s grunge boy:)