Watchdog BBC ONE Wednesday 1st May 2013

Comments

• koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh look profits have DOUBLED. :rolleyes:
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,541
    Forum Member
    Well yes, I understand that but it's not about football is it.? it's about a car dealers. Can nobody deal with the word United without referring to football?

Whe someone is united in marriage do they play the theme tune to Match of the Day?

But this is Watchdog. We should be glad the company is not called Allcock.... not sure if you saw what Matt will be dressed as later for this 'sketch' :o
  • Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    kato wrote: »
    Why is Anne talking through gritted teeth? Has she had her jaws wired together?

Yes, it was by public demand! :D
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So roughly a £1 a day for unlimited water most people pay more than that everyday on a cup of coffee
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A non reply from Miss Finn.

If they weren't there prices would be even higher. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    But this is Watchdog. We should be glad the company is not called Allcock.... not sure if you saw what Matt will be dressed as later for this 'sketch' :o

Do I need to take a valium or a line of sanatogen? ;)
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »
    So roughly a £1 a day for unlimited water most people pay more than that everyday on a cup of coffee

Yes compared with electric and council tax it is quite cheap people tend to not like paying anything for water as they thing should be free being a necessity.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,541
    Forum Member
    Do I need to take a valium or a line of sanatogen? ;)

Both :D
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...now I know that the phone contract says at the bottom that the price may change.
    ...and I understand that it's all your fault if you don't read it etc...

BUT:

Surly the whole contract is null and avoid as it is deliberately misleading? If the name of the contract is a FIXED TERM contract then you can't have small print saying that it may change or else it isn't a fixed term contract.

It's like me sending out letters for everyone to come to my showroom where everyone will be guaranteed to get a free car and then putting in small print that you must give me £20,000 first.

Surly someone can take then to court and get a test case against misrepresentation?

You can't mislead in adverts and advertising a Fixed Term contract that isn't, it misleading.

Yes, I wondered how valid any contract is, legally speaking etc. if your signature equates to you saying I'm ok paying ex amount a month, which was what I was told I'd be paying, thats all your agreeing to.

Sure there may be small print equating to we reserve the right to increase monthly charges but whats the point in the contract then? what are you effectively agreeing to? that no matter what they deem to charge you, your happy and financially able to give them it? hmmm... im no expert but it stinks if you ask me! you have no guarantee of what your agreeing to pay, so how you can you know what your signing? :confused:
    Forum Member
    Welcome to Rip Off Britain.

Higher water bills than our EU cousins.

Oh look privatization doesn't make things cheaper.

It came as quite a shock to me, I can tell you!

So the Government is still going to privatise the Royal Mail as it works so well. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, it was by public demand! :D

But does she end the show with that demonic wink and saying 'goodbye' *runs and hides*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow that was a really bad interview with Miss Finn by Anne.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anne Robinson - all the gavitas of a stock cube.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It came as quite a shock to me, I can tell you!

So the Government is still going to privatise the Royal Mail as it works so well. :rolleyes:

Yes expect to pay more to send things once it is privatised.
    Forum Member
    IzzyS wrote: »
    Yes, I wondered how valid any contract is, legally speaking etc. if your signature equates to you saying I'm ok paying ex amount a month, which was what I was told I'd be paying, thats all your agreeing to.

Sure there may be small print equating to we reserve the right to increase monthly charges but whats the point in the contract then? what are you effectively agreeing to? that no matter what they deem to charge you, your happy and financially able to give them it? hmmm... im no expert but it stinks if you ask me! you have no guarantee of what your agreeing to pay, so how you can you know what your signing? :confused:

Well it can't be worth the paper it's printed on as under their interpretation of a FIXED TERM contract they could charge you £24 in the first month and then put it up to £24,000 a month. And as you would still be under contract to them you can't get out of it. - Just stupid!
    Forum Member
    Yes expect to pay more to send things once it is privatised.

More? I can't afford it now!
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    those old bint wonga adverts are really irritating
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mounty wrote: »
    those old bint wonga adverts are really irritating

That's no way to talk about Anne Robonson and her posse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    More? I can't afford it now!

I don't send anything, but when I order from Amazon I normally pay for Express delivery.

Which is often cheaper than getting a taxi down to town to buy something.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Yes compared with electric and council tax it is quite cheap people tend to not like paying anything for water as they thing should be free being a necessity.

Just how much is taking away your sewage every day worth
    Forum Member
    This programme claims to be entertaining and informative.

Fraud!
    Forum Member
    welwynrose wrote: »
    Just how much is taking away your sewage every day worth

I'm in favour for going back to the old system where I empty the chamber pot out of the top floor window!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This programme claims to be entertaining and informative.

Fraud!

Call the Fraud hotline.......quick!

They'll be telling us that there are some dodgy car dealers about next!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it can't be worth the paper it's printed on as under their interpretation of a FIXED TERM contract they could charge you £24 in the first month and then put it up to £24,000 a month. And as you would still be under contract to them you can't get out of it. - Just stupid!

Yeah but they'd say its primarily a fixed term contract, with them reserving the right to increase that amount if forced to due to increases in their network charges (or some such!) :rolleyes: it is ridiculous. I'd consider a cheap contract if I didn't have to pay for the handset, got a few texts, perhaps 60 minutes talk time and maybe 500mb data a month, thats about all I'd use, for £10-£20 or so but if they could later automatically debit my account say £30+ a month, that'd be off putting. Some people like to try and budget for things in advance, apart from anything else I like to try and know whats going to be taken from my account in advance(!) :mad:

*ahem* yes, anywho... bad phone network operators :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I definitely wouldn't trust those car dealers.

We don't need people like that working, that's why I'd be happy for them to be unemployed.