Is him with the tattoos a black albino

12345679»

Comments

• B L ZeebubB L Zeebub Posts: 9,134
    Forum Member
    oulandy wrote: »
    As I said...wow. And as I said...see how this could go? ;)

Where are these parts? But wherever they are, he wasn't in them then. He was on tv - dare I use the dreaded] on national television without being flayed alive by hordes of angry forum members? - and being greeted by the tv host, then meeting other women for the first time where something like Hello there, I'm ... nice to meet you... how are you? would be polite. Uncouth manners don't travel well for him or for the BB winner who may well consider it normal to say that sort of thing to women where he lives but he is still rude when he goes on telly and says it to women he doesn't know.

'As I said' as in as i said in my previous post, it really is a normal, non-offensive greeting used in these parts (He comes from Hackney in London, I'm on the London/Essex border, BB is in Hertfordshire - all in the South East of Englandshire)) and is used by some people when greeting friends, relatives and complete strangers.

Sorry that you find it uncouth and ill-mannered, but just because it doesn't travel well to Ireland that doesn't make it ill-mannered.
  • gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    some of the nonsense people say on this site really is funny, are you all from the countryside im being serious if so i can understand, in london many people talk like abz google multicultural london english lool.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    :yawn:
    OK, Abz may have a fake accent and be covered in tattoos, but so far he's seemed like one of the most intelligent, reasonable, and clever HMs--hope he has a chance to SOAR. Shame BB scrapped the veg garden though, I like the boy,

So do I - I think he's probably my favourite at the moment.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gentleguy wrote: »
    some of the nonsense people say on this site really is funny, are you all from the countryside im being serious if so i can understand, in london many people talk like abz google multicultural london english lool.

This is true, many people do talk like Abz, but it still sounds ridiculous.

Why can't Abz (& others) speak with their normal London (or regional) accents without the 'Ali G thick speech' addendum?:confused:
  • BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why can't Abz (& others) speak with their normal London (or regional) accents without the 'Ali G thick speech' addendum?:confused:

When quite a number of people move into an area with an accent that is different from the usual local one, after a while the accents start to blend into each other I guess and you end up with another 'local' accent.

Try mixing a Cornish/Essex accent together and you come up with something quite incredible LOL!

:)
  • BlomkvistBlomkvist Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

U nutz bro innit? don shizzle my bizzle innit or disrespekt my bluds lingo innit, are you axeing to go home in Ambalamps?.......:mad:
    Innit.

Was I close? :o
  • SCOUSE-DUDESCOUSE-DUDE Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gentleguy wrote: »

Maybe some of these people live sheltered lives lol.
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,214
    Forum Member
    Is he still doing that accent. I remember he put it on for celeb love island years ago. He did not have it in Five I loved them and watched tons of interviews he didn't talk like that in any of them. Unless he was told to hide his accent back then he put it on.
    I just realised I admitted to seeing celeb love island but it was only because he was on it I watched
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why did he wear a wig on Launch night? Does he have a condition where his hair fell out?
  • TV_SteveTV_Steve Posts: 1,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He definitely seems to have cultivated and exaggerated his vocal mannerisms over the last 10 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsUHCMOJOoo

Most kids grow out of their affected speech once they enter the adult world.

Strange that Abz has developed his Caribbeanisms whilst growing carrots and raising chickens on a Kent farm. That's not a very urban/street environment......innit
  • Radical JoeRadical Joe Posts: 15,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TV_Steve wrote: »
    He definitely seems to have cultivated and exaggerated his vocal mannerisms over the last 10 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsUHCMOJOoo

Most kids grow out of their affected speech once they enter the adult world.

Strange that Abz has developed his Caribbeanisms whilst growing carrots and raising chickens on a Kent farm. That's not a very urban/street environment......innit

Dem Kentish chicken is street though.

You make a good point. It's clear his accent is more pronounced now (after living in rural Kent) than it was when he was down in the hood (at the time of the video).

How dos that work if his accent is just a natural product of his environment?
  • white tigresswhite tigress Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    callym1980 wrote: »
    Jeanoj - you say he did not live in Enfield for long, where DID he grow up then? Because I live in Enfield, I grew up in Barnet, have family in Edgware, Hendon & Harrow friends from all over London. I am close to his age and I know NO ONE with his accent over the age of about 19.

It IS an affectation in the youth, I see it every day! I teach primary school children and they generally speak with a normal Enfield accent (typical South East, some dropping of /t/ and /h/but that's about it). They go off to secondary school and continue to speak normally for a few years and then around Year 9/10 (when they reach 14/15) their voice changes akin to that of Abz.

Clearly this change is not a natural progression or regional accent, but an affectation due to a changing identity. This is fine. I have no problem with this. Most grow out of it when they hit their late teens/early 20's. I think they would struggle to get a job if they didn't, because it sounds freaking ridiculous!

Abz has retained his, let's call it 'youth identity' and that is probably because it is a part of who he is or wants to be. In some ways I expect he is subconsciously holding on to his youth, his fame, his image etc.

Clearly everything I have written is anecdotal based on my own experiences living in North London. However, there has been lots of research on accent and identity and why some people retain their accents while others seems to adapt.
    Wow! Great analysis of the genre. Thanks! I like Abz a lot so far, but his 'pratois'--to quote Blomqvist--is a basket hiding his true light I feel. Shame they dug up the little BB garden.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blomkvist wrote: »
    U nutz bro innit? don shizzle my bizzle innit or disrespekt my bluds lingo innit, are you axeing to go home in Ambalamps?.......:mad:
    Innit.

Was I close? :o

:D:D:D

Impressive stuff.

Da West Staines Massive will be well impressed; ya getz me, blood?;)
  • DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enidan wrote: »
    How lovely, good luck with your new dog. :)

I've got him, he's adorable.

He's not completely new, he's preowned from a rescue.

I'm just initiating him to watching CBB. :D
    I hope the rescue don't find out and take him back. :eek: