Options

Adam Rickett - black eyes

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,837
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Bloody hell.

Got the games on Adam Ricket just belly flopped head first into the pool.

He has 2 HUGE black eyes :eek:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    Laurat wrote:
    Bloody hell.

Got the games on Adam Ricket just belly flopped head first into the pool.

He has 2 HUGE black eyes :eek:

Black eyes aside, gees he looks ill. What is wrong with this guy?
  • Options
    macsgirlmacsgirl Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    danjaq2005 wrote:
    Black eyes aside, gees he looks ill. What is wrong with this guy?

Must be the result of joining the Conservative Party. ;):D
  • Options
    SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,704
    Forum Member
    Seriously, the physical shape of the guy is worrying.
    I missed what happened with the eyes? anyone know?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SolarSail wrote:
    I missed what happened with the eyes? anyone know?

I happened in diving practice i think :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think the coach said that he lifted his head on way down, burst capilliaries (sp?) or something.

I think he's looked tired, pale and drained from the start. Don't know if he is ill or anything, but he only had 2 weeks to prepare after Goldie broke his leg. The others have been training for months so perhaps it's just been really intense for him.

I'm suprised I've liked him on the Games, he seems sweet. I thought he'd be an arrogant tosspot :eek: :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he may be suffering from an eating disorder. When he was in Corrie he spoke out about being a male suffering from bulimia.
  • Options
    OpaqueOpaque Posts: 5,286
    Forum Member
    They normally have 2 backups for wach team in case of accidents don't they? So why wasn't Rickett spun up earlier? Or someone else?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    He looks really skinny, poor thing. I feel a bit sorry for him, especially after this afternoon's diving.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jade Jones took the place of darren day, who couldn't be arsed training properly so the producers decided to use Jade who was the official substitute and had been training alongside the originals (happened before the start of the games live).

When Goldie later broke his leg, they didn't have a new sub already in training hence he's had 2 weeks.

I think they just have one male and one female sub training alongside the celebs who are expected to compete

(edit: on the athletes in training prog on e4, there was only Jade for the boys and Eboni for the girls as subs. Or so I saw anyway :) )
  • Options
    xflarexflare Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SolarSail wrote:

Probably the 0% body fat........ :eek:
  • Options
    tomorrowtomorrow Posts: 32,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just in case you guys didn't know, there is a whole forum dedicated to The Games ...

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=106
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    has anyone got pictures of the ricketts eyes??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! His body shape has changed dramatically from a few years ago, I'm worried too that he might have some sort of eating disorder. He looks so pale and weak at the minute. You can see that all his muscles and veins look like they're about to burst through his skin, its horrible to watch; its like hes lost all his body fat or something through not eating perhaps... Look at this old picture of them, its shocking:

Old Adam
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember reading an interview once where he said that he had suffered from an eating disorder in the past, don't know if it's resurfaced or not.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    He also has a look in his eyes that says to me that all is not right. I hope I'm wrong, but I've seen that look before.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    lulu g wrote:
    He also has a look in his eyes that says to me that all is not right. I hope I'm wrong, but I've seen that look before.

Hi! Do you want to elabroate?
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    danjaq2005 wrote:
    Hi! Do you want to elabroate?
    Not really - partly because it's hard to articulate and partly because it's probably wrong/unwise to speculate too much in a public forum like this, but there is a look in his eyes that was not there before, or so it seems to me. Let's just call it a troubled, or sad, look.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I felt really sorry for adam watching the games, cant put my finger on it about why but i just do.

He looks very toned but on a skinny body doesnt do him any justice. Those black eyes looked so painful as well, bless him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what charity is he supporting is it wwf by any chance? maybe thats why he has the black eyes
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    I remember reading an interview once where he said that he had suffered from an eating disorder in the past, don't know if it's resurfaced or not.

It certainly looks that way. I am seriously worried about the lad. He's a sweet boy and he's obviously in trouble. :(
  • Options
    DrPepperDrPepper Posts: 2,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote:

Me too - we may have thought the same.

I hope not though.
  • Options
    cuttlefishspikecuttlefishspike Posts: 5,761
    Forum Member
    I think this has been mentioned before but I can't help thinking that Mr Rickett kind of resembles James/Lauren Harries these days.
  • Options
    fifi_folEfifi_folE Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has also recently taken part in Alive for five, four celebs trying to reinact the real life events that enspired the film alive...he said he lost a stone in weight due to it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor wee guy looks really unwell.
    I was shocked by his appearance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,446
    Forum Member
    fifi_folE wrote:
    He has also recently taken part in Alive for five, four celebs trying to reinact the real life events that enspired the film alive...he said he lost a stone in weight due to it.

:eek: Alive? Isn't that the film where the survivors of a plane crash had to resort to eating each other? Wow, great idea for a reality show!

I admit he does look horribly skinny now, but you're right about him losing so much through that show.