Options

LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 30)

Comments

• Options
    BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    Hey_Ho wrote: »
    He sounds about 12 as well. Very irritating.

It's Russel Tovey isn't it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But, we are not "full up". It's a fact. End of.

Do you want us to be full up? Do you accept that if there is no control we WILL get full up? Do you think we have the resources to support us being full up when we're struggling already?
  • Options
    connor the judgconnor the judg Posts: 8,961
    Forum Member
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »
    Do you want us to be full up? Do you accept that if there is no control we WILL get full up? Do you think we have the resources to support us being full up when we're struggling already?
    I didn't say that, I'm saying that those (and there are a lot) who say we are, are wrong! Of course I didn't want us full up but, there are far more worse problems than immigration! Let's move on now as we have been off topic for the last 5 or 6 pages. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I didn't say that, I'm saying that those (and there are a lot) who say we are, are wrong! Of course I didn't want us full up but, there are far more worse problems than immigration! Let's move on now as we have been off topic for the last 5 or 6 pages. :)

This is being discussed all day on LBC. It's not off topic unless we start making party political points.

So at what point will you consider that we are full up? What is the trigger point at which we say "that's it guys, we're full!" Hmmm?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This is being discussed all day on LBC. It's not off topic unless we start making party political points.

So at what point will you consider that we are full up? What is the trigger point at which we say "that's it guys, we're full!" Hmmm?
    When we are struggling to cope. The article posted showed that only 2.2% of land has been built on, now that was 3 years ago but, there is plenty of space left!
  • Options
    Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's Russel Tovey isn't it?

Never heard of him, so I had to google. Those are some ears! You'd think he'd have them fixed.
  • Options
    Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Never, according to his sort. We can always build up, don't ya know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Never, according to his sort. We can always build up, don't ya know.
    What "sort" am I now?

We are not full up. Face the facts! :(
  • Options
    redvers36redvers36 Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soho wrote: »
    8.32am due to the phone issues LBC are experiencing it seems they have gone into an emergency broadcast which is a pre-recorded interview with a police officer.

Ah I was wondering what had happened, Thanks for clearing that up.
  • Options
    tahititahiti Posts: 3,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The places with the highest population density in the world are The Channel Islands, Malta, Monaco..

All nice places to live, I would say! We are hardly talking about Blade Runner - style lifestyles there really.

So if that is what high population density means, I say bring it on :)
  • Options
    JT2060JT2060 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    tahiti wrote: »
    The places with the highest population density in the world are The Channel Islands, Malta, Monaco..

All nice places to live, I would say! We are hardly talking about Blade Runner - style lifestyles there really.

So if that is what high population density means, I say bring it on :)

You are advocating tax havens?
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What "sort" am I now?

We are not full up. Face the facts! :(

No, we're not full up. Would you like us to be? There's a growing crisis with regard to the strain being put on the infrastructure and services in this country; lack of school places, housing and hospital beds. And before somebody points out that immigrants contribute to the running of these services, yes, I know. But I doubt if the mob attempting to enter the country via Calais are all qualified doctors and teachers.

As to deploying the army; in peace time their role has always been to assist in civil emergencies; floods, the foot and mouth outbreak, driving fire engines. Abroad they go in to areas where there have been earthquakes and floods, and provide humanitarian assistance. UK army medics recently helped prevent the spread of ebola in Sierra Leone. They don't, as you naively presume, just kill people. They are needed in the current crisis in Kent.

Morning all. :)
  • Options
    clitheroe1clitheroe1 Posts: 4,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, we're not full up. Would you like us to be? There's a growing crisis with regard to the strain being put on the infrastructure and services in this country; lack of school places, housing and hospital beds. And before somebody points out that immigrants contribute to the running of these services, yes, I know. But I doubt if the mob attempting to enter the country via Calais are all qualified doctors and teachers.

As to deploying the army; in peace time their role has always been to assist in civil emergencies; floods, the foot and mouth outbreak, driving fire engines. Abroad they go in to areas where there have been earthquakes and floods, and provide humanitarian assistance. UK army medics recently helped prevent the spread of ebola in Sierra Leone. They don't, as you naively presume, just kill people. They are needed in the current crisis in Kent.

Morning all. :)

Many of the migrants are coming from Libya as a direct consequence of Britain's and France's action to depose Gadaffi and leave the country in a lawless state. Our government was happy to take plaudits when it took the initial action now it must take the consequences. We have to take responsibility for our actions and accept some of these migrants. It not a question of whether or not the country is full (the numbers of these migrants that are coming here will not fill up our country) but a moral question of dealing with the mess that we created.
  • Options
    Chuck WaoChuck Wao Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But, we are not "full up". It's a fact. End of.

Indeed plenty of room to bivouac :)

It's an infrastructure issue - and in that respect we are very full
  • Options
    Mike RackabitMike Rackabit Posts: 4,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thread doesn't seem to be discussing LBC very much these days I'm afraid, ladies and gentlemen. 84850
  • Options
    HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    He sounds about 12 as well. Very irritating.

And in my books he speaks quite 'common', dropping his H's for affect, where necessary. I hate 'common' and the tendency to intersperse every few words with 'like' and answering questions with 'so'. Irritating beyond belief.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    HHGTTG wrote: »
    And in my books he speaks quite common, dropping his H's for affect, where necessary. I hate 'common' and the tendency to intersperse every few words with 'like' and answering questions with 'so'. Irritating beyond belief
    The worst is when people keep saying "you know" every few words.
  • Options
    HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    The thread doesn't seem to be discussing LBC very much these days I'm afraid, ladies and gentlemen. 84850

In my view, for what it is worth, it should be re-titled 'James O'Brien and other LBC matters' as most of the time is spent discussing that person.:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Brian (the self proclaimed only non racist in the UK) is going to butter any parsnips this morning? I suppose it depends if he has a dog in that race...
  • Options
    karen tracekaren trace Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    I wonder if Brian (the self proclaimed only non racist in the UK) is going to butter any parsnips this morning? I suppose it depends if he has a dog in that race...

.......he has smacked his lips and done a couple of sighs already
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .......he has smacked his lips and done a couple of sighs already

Today's show from Brian is utterly pointless and tedious in the extreme, he is totally self-obsessed.
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Listening to O'Brien and his tip-toe speech pattern is really irritating. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Zuuum on top of the worldeh, on top of the worldeh" *whistles* - kills self. Awful advert.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listening to O'Brien and his tip-toe speech pattern is really irritating. :p

He is teeth pullingly excruciating today. This has to stop.
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today's show from Brian is utterly pointless and tedious in the extreme, he is totally self-obsessed.

How many times this week have you listened to the programme? I thought you only listened a couple of times?

If you listen too often you will have to get the docs to increase your BP pills ;-)
This discussion has been closed.