LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 30)

Comments

• Chuck WaoChuck Wao Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many times this week have you listened to the programme? I thought you only listened a couple of times?

If you listen too often you will have to get the docs to increase your BP pills ;-)

I currently recommend the cricket after a stint listening to the Gobsta - it 's very soothing : a sort of audio camomile :)
  • Mike RackabitMike Rackabit Posts: 4,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many times this week have you listened to the programme? I thought you only listened a couple of times?

If you listen too often you will have to get the docs to increase your BP pills ;-)

This is my 2nd sitting and its even worse than earlier on this week. Abominable radio.
  • Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard a bit of Fanny Allen this morning for the first time in ages. He said someone had emailed him and suggested he go head-to-head with Gobber in a discussion about immigration (I'd pay to hear that!). Allen replied along the lines of, "Surely no-one believes that James really means what he says! He's playing Devil's Advocate. If he does mean what he says, I'd like to put a few immigrants next door to him and see what how he'd like that. Maybe he could employ a few too, say have one as his producer." I had to smile thinking of Mike R and his frequent comments about Gobber living in a painfully white enclave. Even thicko Fanny sees Gobber's hypocrisy.
  • Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chuck Wao wrote: »
    I currently recommend the cricket after a stint listening to the Gobsta - it 's very soothing : a sort of audio camomile :)

Do you know, if I had a gun to my head and had to pick which one to listen to, I might actually choose Gobber. No, hang on, I wouldn't. :D
  • karen tracekaren trace Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    This is my 2nd sitting and its even worse than earlier on this week. Abominable radio.

What IS up with Gobber this morning? Never heard so much garbage and sanctimonious clap trap. How dare he pronounce on how parents choose to educate their children
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What IS up with Gobber this morning? Never heard so much garbage and sanctimonious clap trap. How dare he pronounce on how parents choose to educate their children

I think he is heading for some sort of embarrassing meltdown.
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is teeth pullingly excruciating today. This has to stop.

Ha ha.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Old Foggy Fogerty is very, very boring this afternoon. I'm losing the will to continue today.
  • gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey_Ho wrote: »
    I heard a bit of Fanny Allen this morning for the first time in ages. He said someone had emailed him and suggested he go head-to-head with Gobber in a discussion about immigration (I'd pay to hear that!). Allen replied along the lines of, "Surely no-one believes that James really means what he says! He's playing Devil's Advocate. If he does mean what he says, I'd like to put a few immigrants next door to him and see what how he'd like that. Maybe he could employ a few too, say have one as his producer." I had to smile thinking of Mike R and his frequent comments about Gobber living in a painfully white enclave. Even thicko Fanny sees Gobber's hypocrisy.

Steve's very chummy with J O'B's producer. Took him to tea at the Langham the other week.
  • BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    Hey_Ho wrote: »
    Never heard of him, so I had to google. Those are some ears! You'd think he'd have them fixed.

He's rather well known actually!

This is him speaking. I'm sure it's lemon puff pie man. What do you think?

http://youtu.be/rbF5CSelnEY
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    Iain Dale is in for Nick Ferrari again next week? Yays or Nays?
  • connor the judgconnor the judg Posts: 8,961
    Forum Member
    Some good LBC news, Iain Dale will be in for Nick Ferrari on Monday. :)
    Forum Member
    Iso_Cross wrote: »
    Iain Dale is in for Nick Ferrari again next week? Yays or Nays?
    Is it all next week? The ad said "and in for Nick on Monday, Iain Dale".

I hope Ian Payne is in for Iain and not John "stale" Stapleton.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    Is it all next week? The ad said "and in for Nick on Monday, Iain Dale".

I hope Ian Payne is in for Iain and not John "stale" Stapleton.

Could be all next week, which would be good, I like Iain Dale and am on a two day overtime shift, so make for perfect listening!
    Forum Member
    Swarbrick on Drive next week.
  • Eddie MunsterEddie Munster Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Old Foggy Fogerty is very, very boring this afternoon. I'm losing the will to continue today.

Only this afternoon? :D

And in all seriousness, why is LBC keeping her on? - knowing that she has dire listening figures??
    Forum Member
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »
    That's also good news! I think he is a very good (didn't really like him at first), I am looking forward to see how he handles this show.
  • CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member

I thought so myself, although I'm loathed to admit it! I've like to think of Shelagh as the calm after the storm in terms of her predecessor, J H-B. :D
    Foggy lacks anything remotely associated with..vroom. If she was just a little more feisty and decisive she could be purrfect. :kitty:

When will the day come when any of us will praise a female presenter in total? They seem hard to come by. They're either over the top, shouty, masculine, testosterone enforced apparently, or alternatively very benign tending towards 'girlie'/all bras and knickers, like Bev Turner. For fact the ex-LBC presenter Daisy McAndrew didn't fit any of these categories, she was determined without any flounce or frills or anger outbursts. Pity there are not more like her on radio broadcasts.
    Forum Member
    Cayce wrote: »
    I thought so myself, although I'm loathed to admit it! I've like to think of Shelagh as the calm after the storm in terms of her predecessor, J H-B. :D
    Foggy lacks anything remotely associated with..vroom. If she was just a little more feisty and decisive she could be purrfect. :kitty:

When will the day come when any of us will praise a female presenter in total? They seem hard to come by. They're either over the top, shouty, masculine, testosterone enforced apparently, or alternatively very benign tending towards 'girlie'/all bras and knickers, like Bev Turner. For fact the ex-LBC presenter Daisy McAndrew didn't fit any of these categories, she was determined without any flounce or frills or anger outbursts. Pity there are not more like her on radio broadcasts.

LBC seem obsessed with putting Tessa Jowell on air, I wouldn't be surprised if she was the next one to get a job. She's bloody rubbish too.
    Forum Member
    LBC's Top 10 Best Moments - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJx_3x55nJo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Another LBC non entity : He needs Ferrari to give him personality .Drive is quite a tall order so it'll be interesting to see how he copes .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LBC seem obsessed with putting Tessa Jowell on air, I wouldn't be surprised if she was the next one to get a job. She's bloody rubbish too.

Fulfills LBC 's No1 female presenter criterion - the job's hers for the taking :)
    Forum Member
    Ha :D Ha. Nick Abbot just got very worried he was not on air.
  • redvers36redvers36 Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he is heading for some sort of embarrassing meltdown.

I think that we are seeing a long running meltdown as James O'Brien becomes ever more self-obsessed. Time for him to switch to weekends so he gets more of a break.
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic radio from Nick Abbot! Hilarious call from Doris who could talk the hind leg off a donkey! She went from one thing to another, hardly drawing breath, from her shopping spree at Lakeside and the Liberty Centre in Romford to ugly Monkfish! This was followed by a
    serious breaking news story about a suspicious package on board a cargo plane at Stansted airport.We even got educated about what a blue moon is!

Light and shade as I have always said. Radio at it's finest! LBC please take note. More please!
This discussion has been closed.