A new low: Croydon bully scum throw baby in front of bus

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mickmars wrote: »
    Croydon isnt South London either,its Surrey right :)

It is in Surrey but it is still the London Borough of Croydon. Quite a bit of Surrey is technically in London.
  • Duke of EarlDuke of Earl Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How appalling...a new low indeed :(
  • Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Croydon isnt South London either,its Surrey right :)

Right :)
  • slslsslsls Posts: 2,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    Seems a clear attempt to kill the child, so AM would be appropriate.

I grew up with some rough buggers, but even the worst of them would never try to harm a baby!.

You'd hope so but she's already been bailed and let out, no wonder the poor girl she did this to is terrified, you'd expect if someone did this they'd at least get put on remand.

I imagine she'll get done for ABH, maybe a 12 month sentence out in six max.

But imagine if someone had thrown a first folio of Shakespeare in front of the bus? They'd probably get sent down for eight years.
  • mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    we need borstal back....
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously if someone can even think about doing that to a baby then they`re clearly not wired right. No doubt the blame will be on how they were brought up. that is no excuse though. This country really needs to change it`s criminal system. people are getting away with far too many serious crimes and not being punished severely enough. they`ll more than likely get 6 months young offenders and serve 3 because of another stupid idea where its halfed before they even get to prison.
  • ns.macdns.macd Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    we need borstal back....

Agreed - Give them a sense of discipline & routine and hopefully respect for other people & things.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2330061.stm
  • slslsslsls Posts: 2,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right :)

It's part of Greater London and parts of the borough of Croydon are in in London and have London postcodes. Either is correct to be honest.
  • FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    we need borstal back....

A failed system..........
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    Tough on crime Tough on the causes of crime, ring any bells. Biggest load of BS a politician has ever come out with, and what are Ant and Dec going to do about it. Time some real prison was dealt out to scum like this and no time off for good behaviour,you can come out when you've done your time if your good. Prisons over crowded tough dont want to do time dont do the crime
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kenda11 wrote: »
    i've gotta say i agree. I'd like to think that even the lowest of the low wouldnt think "yeah, i'm gonna try and kill their baby".

but maybe i'm wrong?

I don't even think the actual thought process would happen like that. I don't think the bullies would have thought "we'll kill her kid". I think if you see something as completely disposable, you just don't think of anything else - the thing you see as disposable becomes just that. So in this case, I think, to the bullies, it would have just been seen as something their victim was clearly attached to, so they'll throw it in the road.
  • IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    slsls wrote: »

But imagine if someone had thrown a first folio of Shakespeare in front of the bus? They'd probably get sent down for eight years.

Excellent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    No doubt these vermin come from a hard working family where both parents discipline their kids effectively.

Oh, hang on a minute....
  • Victim Of FateVictim Of Fate Posts: 5,157
    Forum Member
    I don't even think the actual thought process would happen like that. I don't think the bullies would have thought "we'll kill her kid". I think if you see something as completely disposable, you just don't think of anything else - the thing you see as disposable becomes just that. So in this case, I think, to the bullies, it would have just been seen as something their victim was clearly attached to, so they'll throw it in the road.

It was a baby. Even if it was a pet of some kind I could buy into your explanation, but I don't think anyone could detach themselves to the extent that they wouldn't be aware of the consequences of throwing an human infant into oncoming traffic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bill516 wrote: »
    Tough on crime Tough on the causes of crime, ring any bells. Biggest load of BS a politician has ever come out with, and what are Ant and Dec going to do about it. Time some real prison was dealt out to scum like this and no time off for good behaviour,you can come out when you've done your time if your good. Prisons over crowded tough dont want to do time dont do the crime

What these two little bitches did was awful and disgusting, but I think sending young teenage girls to prison is worrying.

If and hopefully when they are convicted, they should go to some sort of secure unit, be forced to do community service and then be put on strict supervision orders, curfews, be made not to associate with each other, whatever.

I must say had the school sorted out the bullying in the first place, perhaps this would not have happened. I agree with JasonWatkins' post regarding this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will this girl's behavior be monitored if she ever becomes a Mom herself?
  • Victim Of FateVictim Of Fate Posts: 5,157
    Forum Member
    What these two little bitches did was awful and disgusting, but I think sending young teenage girls to prison is worrying.

If and hopefully when they are convicted, they should go to some sort of secure unit, be forced to do community service and then be put on strict supervision orders, curfews, be made not to associate with each other, whatever.

I must say had the school sorted out the bullying in the first place, perhaps this would not have happened. I agree with JasonWatkins' post regarding this.

I disagree. They did something that could reasonably have been expected to lead to the death of a seven month old child. I don't think it's a stretch to say that they (or at least one of them) tried to murder a baby. Community service simply should not cut it for that. What did you mean by a "secure unit" - not a prison I assume?
  • TolstoyTolstoy Posts: 3,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree. They did something that could reasonably have been expected to lead to the death of a seven month old child. I don't think it's a stretch to say that they (or at least one of them) tried to murder a baby. Community service simply should not cut it for that. What did you mean by a "secure unit" - not a prison I assume?

Juveniles don't go to prisons. Thompson and Venables didn't and it's unlikely these two will either, if convicted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Do you have a charge similar to reckless endangerment?
  • Lucem FerreLucem Ferre Posts: 8,224
    Forum Member
    If the baby had been killed, it's likely that the girl who threw it in the road would have claimed she was "only joking" or "only meant to scare her" because I really do believe she wouldn't have understood what she'd done.

And before the inevitable replies, it's not making excuses for the girl at all - it's stating a belief.

Unusually, I tend to agree with you.

Although I do believe the criminals concerned would have understood what they were doing, I think they are so utterly self-centred that they would feel it was within their rights to do so and that they do not deserve to be held responsible, or to be punished.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm from a place that puts young teenagers in adult prisons and it is appalling and just a bad idea. So not an adult prison, but of course not community service. I think community service should be undertaken once they are out the secure unit. I suppose by secure unit I mean something like a YOI, I don't know how else to describe them.

You are right, I must concede. While I don't think they set out to kill a baby, they certainly didn't help by throwing him in the street. I honestly can't wrap my head around that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will this girl's behavior be monitored if she ever becomes a Mom herself?

I hadn't thought about that before you mentioned it.

It's a horrible thought that one day soon she may have a child of her own who relys solely on her for care :(

Girl should be locked up for a good few years. She's old enoough to understand the gravity of what she did, and old enough to be punished for it. You don't throw a baby in front of a bus on a whim, she's is either f'ed up or incredibly stupid and impulsive. Either way, that baby almost died and she is responsible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a baby. Even if it was a pet of some kind I could buy into your explanation, but I don't think anyone could detach themselves to the extent that they wouldn't be aware of the consequences of throwing an human infant into oncoming traffic.

I just think people like this are evil, and choose to practice evil. Sometimes you have to draw a line and say past history environment and upbrining can never even fractionally excuse this. Plus I'm not really convinced that those factors play as great a part as a cimulative trend in society to excuse wrongdoing.

I'd like to see these people punished severely. I'd like the punishment to be unpleasant and make them regret every minute that led up to that incident.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hadn't thought about that before you mentioned it.

It's a horrible thought that one day soon she may have a child of her own who relys solely on her for care :(

Girl should be locked up for a good few years. She's old enoough to understand the gravity of what she did, and old enough to be punished for it. You don't throw a baby in front of a bus on a whim, she's is either f'ed up or incredibly stupid and impulsive. Either way, that baby almost died and she is responsible.

I think it is that. Some girls that age are just stupid, for lack of a better term.

As for the future, well, we don't know. She could be utterly remorseful of what she has done, will do her punishment, be ashamed of herself in 10 years' time and go on to be a great mother. Or she won't. We can't exactly make a judgment based on how she will be based on something she did just now. I'd like to think that the BIB is what she is and she'll grow up, become rehabilitated and be horrified by what she did.
  • mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I repeat what I said earlier before a lot of comments got removed. This topical story is all too typical of ' British ' society and I think the way it will be handled will be all too predictable of UK justice now.

I'd lay money on it that she doesn't face the highest charges that she deserves and receives an inadequate sentence if any punishment at all.

One thing that I am surprised is the lack of hysterical media coverage from the likes of sky , sun and mail etc.