New Celebrities on Ice Tour

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 958
Forum Member
✭✭
... instead of the cancelled official DOI Tour

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertament/tv/news/dancing-on-ice-stars-to-skate-on-after-tour-hits-the-skids-8517249.html

I wonder if T&D will be involved and which pros will be taking part?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    frally wrote: »
    ... instead of the cancelled official DOI Tour

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertament/tv/news/dancing-on-ice-stars-to-skate-on-after-tour-hits-the-skids-8517249.html

I wonder if T&D will be involved and which pros will be taking part?

There is a disclaimer on ticket sites that this show is in no way connected to DOI.

It's just some of the DOI skaters taking part in a tour.
  • TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's nothing to do with Dancing On Ice it seems to be a variation on Ice Party and I can't see T&D being involved with it.

Kyran Bracken is involved as is Christopher Biggens, only confirmed pro that people might recognise is Colin Ratusniak.

The Russian Ice Stars are also involved and I recognise a few skaters names from there, at the moment there are no DOI pros announced for it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's their site http://www.celebsonice.co.uk/

Matt, Beth and Gareth are confirmed.

T&D will be livid :D
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jumping on a bandwagon.......and I sincerely hope they all fall off it.:sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

why?

if there's no official tour they're not treading on any toes

looks a good show ... DOI doesn't have the monopoly on ice shows, they existed long before DOI and there's room for them all

http://www.celebsonice.co.uk/video/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why exactly? :confused: Kyran since winning DOI has taken part in HOI and has since then run his own productions every year since I think 2008.

Personally think he is being a very smart businessman at the moment as there is a gap in the market due to DOI cancelling and he is sensible enough to try and fill that gap. He has got DOI celebs he has got a very good team of Russian skaters and I say good on him for being enterprising and wish him every success.

Not sure if I will go myself I am waiting to see if any other pros get announced as not a huge Colin fan but would potentially go to support Beth and I do like Kyran and Chris Biggins and from the clips I've seen from the debut show in Peterborough it looks like a really good show.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diamond1 wrote: »
    why?

if there's no official tour they're not treading on any toes

looks a good show ... DOI doesn't have the monopoly on ice shows, they existed long before DOI and there's room for them all

http://www.celebsonice.co.uk/video/
    Tiggergirl wrote: »
    Why exactly? :confused: Kyran since winning DOI has taken part in HOI and has since then run his own productions every year since I think 2008.

Personally think he is being a very smart businessman at the moment as there is a gap in the market due to DOI cancelling and he is sensible enough to try and fill that gap. He has got DOI celebs he has got a very good team of Russian skaters and I say good on him for being enterprising and wish him every success.

Not sure if I will go myself I am waiting to see if any other pros get announced as not a huge Colin fan but would potentially go to support Beth and I do like Kyran and Chris Biggins and from the clips I've seen from the debut show in Peterborough it looks like a really good show.

The OP asked a question and I gave my opinion.:)

Why should it be a problem if I can see jjumping on a bandwagon?:confused:

There is no way that tthese people could fill enough venues to have a successful tour without the name of Dancing on Ice.:eek:

I struggle to believe that anyone could believe otherwise.:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There is no way that tthese people could fill enough venues to have a successful tour without the name of Dancing on Ice.:eek:

Ice Shows sell well without the T&D name

looks like a couple of venues have limited ticket availability so sales can't be that bad

https://www.theticketfactory.com/coi/online/default.asp
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The DOI Tour organisers claim it was scrapped due to "venue availability" but it doesn't seem to have been a problem for COI.

I wonder what was the real reason for cancelling the DOI Tour?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You clearly are not a fan of ice shows then as plenty of shows not connected to T&D and DOI do very well. Holiday On Ice and Disney On Ice do well as does Ice Party itself, Imperial Ice Stars tour as well and there is Hot Ice in Blackpool too over the summer months.

None of those are connected to DOI or to T&D and all seem to do very well. I think this will do pretty well they have some decent celeb names and people are missing there not being a tour this year.

Plus as I say Kyran has been running Ice Party for a number of years now so he is hardly jumping on the bandwagon and this shows seems to be a variation of it just done earlier in the year.
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The DOI Tour organisers claim it was scrapped due to "venue availability" but it doesn't seem to have been a problem for COI.

I wonder what was the real reason for cancelling the DOI Tour?

I have been dubious since the start about this. Obviously some of the venues are smaller & ones not used by DOI but then there are others like Birmingham, Newcastle & Glasgow which have been used by DOI before.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiger Rose wrote: »
    I have been dubious since the start about this. Obviously some of the venues are smaller & ones not used by DOI but then there are others like Birmingham, Newcastle & Glasgow which have been used by DOI before.

What you have to remember though is these venue can adapt to suit any type or size of show. There is nothing to suggest that it will be done on the same scale as DOI or the same set ups.

Braehead for example I have seen used full and then only a quarter of it used so I don't think the larger venues will be an issue as such depending on what the set up is for them.

Although would have thought SECC may have been a better option as there is more of range of hall sizes but its possible they got a better deal at Braehead or SECC wasn't available.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiger Rose wrote: »

As you say, some venues are smaller. Maybe not enough large venues are available to make a decent tour?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You clearly are not a fan of ice shows then as plenty of shows not connected to T&D and DOI do very well. Holiday On Ice and Disney On Ice do well as does Ice Party itself, Imperial Ice Stars tour as well and there is Hot Ice in Blackpool too over the summer months.

None of those are connected to DOI or to T&D and all seem to do very well. I think this will do pretty well they have some decent celeb names and people are missing there not being a tour this year.

Plus as I say Kyran has been running Ice Party for a number of years now so he is hardly jumping on the bandwagon and this shows seems to be a variation of it just done earlier in the year.

I believe Ice Party's weren't very well attended. And I went to see Holiday on Ice's latest show, and I'm afraid to say some shows were cancelled. Even the show I attended wasn't that well attended. A real shame too, as it was a fantastic show!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's their site http://www.celebsonice.co.uk/

Matt, Beth and Gareth are confirmed.

T&D will be livid :D

I wouldn't blame T&D either! A crafty move if ever there was one.

I wouldn't necessarily believe the " confirmed " celebs just yet. Some Ice Party celebs didn't turn up for their shows! :eek:
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't blame T&D either! A crafty move if ever there was one.

I wouldn't necessarily believe the " confirmed " celebs just yet. Some Ice Party celebs didn't turn up for their shows! :eek:

I doubt T&D will be bothered - am sure they are realistic to know that this is just taking an opportunity. They could only complain if this was in competition with DOI which it isn't cos there is no DOI tour this year.
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member

I have been to lots of ice shows over the last few years, and I'm sorry to say that the attendances for those that don't involve DOI have often been very sparse! Over the course of a season, Hot Ice probably does quite well, but when I've been the venue has been well under half full.

As for Kyran, his Ice Party shows seemed to be having a few issues with getting people to take part and the last one seemed a bit sloppy in places. If the same people are behind this new tour, they will need to seriously up their game!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »
    I have been to lots of ice shows over the last few years, and I'm sorry to say that the attendances for those that don't involve DOI have often been very sparse! Over the course of a season, Hot Ice probably does quite well, but when I've been the venue has been well under half full.

As for Kyran, his Ice Party shows seemed to be having a few issues with getting people to take part and the last one seemed a bit sloppy in places. If the same people are behind this new tour, they will need to seriously up their game!

Well funny since T&D and DOI are apparently such a huge draw how come when I went to Newcastle last year to see it the promoters were giving away free tickets at the gates to anyone that wanted them? It was a case of you coud have as many as you wanted as most of the upper blocks were completely empty. There were kids there phoning their friends and family to come down and going away with 6+ tickets at a time and yes he was a legit and official because he behind the gates for a start and went back into the building to bring out more tickets and they were good seats as they were lower tier seats.

I've also gone to lots of Ice Shows over the years and the attendance they get is not to be sniffed at especially not with the amount of competition from other shows these days. IMO the problem with Ice Party was Kyran was too focused on this new show i.e it was getting advertised before Ice Party was and I think it suffered for that.
    Forum Member
    Well funny since T&D and DOI are apparently such a huge draw how come when I went to Newcastle last year to see it the promoters were giving away free tickets at the gates to anyone that wanted them? It was a case of you coud have as many as you wanted as most of the upper blocks were completely empty. There were kids there phoning their friends and family to come down and going away with 6+ tickets at a time and yes he was a legit and official because he behind the gates for a start and went back into the building to bring out more tickets and they were good seats as they were lower tier seats.

I've also gone to lots of Ice Shows over the years and the attendance they get is not to be sniffed at especially not with the amount of competition from other shows these days. IMO the problem with Ice Party was Kyran was too focused on this new show i.e it was getting advertised before Ice Party was and I think it suffered for that.

First I've heard of that re: the DOI tickets! Let's be fair though, if DOI tour dates sold half their tickets, that's a hell of a lot more people than would fit into the venues Kyran Bracken's Ice Party shows were using - and they were nowhere near full!

I do agree with you about them focussing too much on Celebrities on Ice before the Blackpool shows were done last year, but the attendance was pretty dire the year before as well.
  • Lena JLena J Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For those interested it appears the professionals from DOI also have a tour planned this year. :)

http://www.allgigs.co.uk/view/artist/76815/The_Professionals_On_Ice.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lena J wrote: »
    For those interested it appears the professionals from DOI also have a tour planned this year. :)

Most likely they didn't want to incur T&D's wrath by joining the COI tour.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny now the DOI tour was cancelled because the venues were apparently "not available" but these shows are able to use them?:confused: I still think that was an excuse.

I went to the DOI tour severs times and I don't think I ever saw the venue full. Unlike the Strictly tour which always was.
    Forum Member
    Funny now the DOI tour was cancelled because the venues were apparently "not available" but these shows are able to use them?:confused: I still think that was an excuse.

I went to the DOI tour severs times and I don't think I ever saw the venue full. Unlike the Strictly tour which always was.

Look at the venues for both of these "rival" ice show tours though.. neither of them are exclusively doing the big arenas that the DOI tour does. That said I am dubious about that being the reason for the lack of a tour, but this proves absolutely nothing!
  • TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems a bit stupid to me as some of the dates clash. No way that either show will be sell outs then would have been more sensible to be at different times.
    Fans are going to have to choose between them as I'm sure the majority won't be able to afford to to both and can't be in two places at once.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lena J wrote: »

Thanks very much for that. Sounds great! :)

Why aren't they advertising it more though?