is manchester united tv free now on sky?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 297
Forum Member
is MU TV (manchester united tv) free now on sky?
i have had it for a week now.. how long has it been free?

Comments

• CuBz90CuBz90 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's £6 a month as far as I know. I last checked on Thursday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    CuBz90 wrote: »
    It's £6 a month as far as I know. I last checked on Thursday.

i get it for free for a week.. unless its a glitch?
  • CuBz90CuBz90 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone posted this letter/email they received...

With Manchester United's push towards a historic 20th title in full tilt, there's no better time to get behind the scenes at the Club you love. And you can get just that with full, uninterrupted access to MUTV for free. Get all the build-up and analysis on crucial matches in the Barclays Premier League and the Champions League second leg against Real Madrid plus exclusive access to the players.You have been specially selected to get 2 weeks free access to MUTV until Sunday 17th March inclusive. Just sit back, relax and enjoy as you get all the build-up, live commentary and analysis as United take on QPR, Norwich and West Ham in the Barclays Premier League. See exclusive build-up and all the interviews as United take on Real Madrid and Ronaldo in the second leg following the one all draw at the Bernabeu.Plus, watch full live coverage of four Under 21 matches and coverage of Dancing with United starring judges Gary Neville, Louie Spence, and Arlene Phillips plus dancers Peter Schmeichel, Quinton Fortune and Fabrice Muamba.Love what you see? Upgrade to MUTV for less than £1 a week for three monthsAs a Red, we know how you feel when a match has ended, you want more, and MUTV prides itself on delivering just that. The quickest and simplest way to enjoy MUTV all the time is to go to sky.com/watchMUTV and follow the simple steps. Or call us on 08442 410 199 and we'll soon have you up and running.At MUTV we believe the game is just the beginning.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    CuBz90 wrote: »
    Someone posted this letter/email they received...

With Manchester United's push towards a historic 20th title in full tilt, there's no better time to get behind the scenes at the Club you love. And you can get just that with full, uninterrupted access to MUTV for free. Get all the build-up and analysis on crucial matches in the Barclays Premier League and the Champions League second leg against Real Madrid plus exclusive access to the players.You have been specially selected to get 2 weeks free access to MUTV until Sunday 17th March inclusive. Just sit back, relax and enjoy as you get all the build-up, live commentary and analysis as United take on QPR, Norwich and West Ham in the Barclays Premier League. See exclusive build-up and all the interviews as United take on Real Madrid and Ronaldo in the second leg following the one all draw at the Bernabeu.Plus, watch full live coverage of four Under 21 matches and coverage of Dancing with United starring judges Gary Neville, Louie Spence, and Arlene Phillips plus dancers Peter Schmeichel, Quinton Fortune and Fabrice Muamba.Love what you see? Upgrade to MUTV for less than £1 a week for three monthsAs a Red, we know how you feel when a match has ended, you want more, and MUTV prides itself on delivering just that. The quickest and simplest way to enjoy MUTV all the time is to go to sky.com/watchMUTV and follow the simple steps. Or call us on 08442 410 199 and we'll soon have you up and running.At MUTV we believe the game is just the beginning.

fair enough.. got my answer.. cheers mate
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it my eyes or does the picture look worse than many other of the SD channels? I know it is not HD but still ....
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DarthFader wrote: »
    Is it my eyes or does the picture look worse than many other of the SD channels? I know it is not HD but still ....

I have just tuned in to see if it was in the clear and a I agree totally with your comment
  • DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never got the email/letter but I can view it at the moment.
  • HarshadHarshad Posts: 5,996
    Forum Member
    I have just tuned in to see if it was in the clear and a I agree totally with your comment

The SD is 720x576 better then Sky SD channels.
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harshad wrote: »
    Bitrate may not be high though.
  • RagnarokRagnarok Posts: 4,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jzee wrote: »
    Bitrate may not be high though.

the bitrate is on average above 4mbit/s which is excellent too, The reasons for this channel looking kack are not resolution or bitrate.
    Forum Member
    Ragnarok wrote: »
    The reasons for this channel looking kack are not resolution or bitrate.

I wonder what you mean :D, its probably the broadcast facilities not kitted out with HD cameras.
  • DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do wonder why anyone still broadcasts 720x576. I thought it was just the BBC channels. Any pixels outside of the inner 702 aren't meant to be seen anyway so why bother encoding extra pixels for nothing? 704x576 makes more sense.
  • RagnarokRagnarok Posts: 4,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what you mean :D, its probably the broadcast facilities not kitted out with HD cameras.

I suspect the broadcast facilities are rather antiquated and/or piss poor quality links to uplink sites.
  • GBCULLENGBCULLEN Posts: 1,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    probably watching the 1968 or earlier matches!! :eek:
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Its still piss poor PQ
    Forum Member
    Its looks ok to me having said that my 3d monitor makes any SD picture look decent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    This channel is still FTA, is it staying free now then.
    Watch a bit of the manu v rm match and the pq was not too bad, even for SD.
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    lettice wrote: »

Until the 17th it's free so i've read then back to normal
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lettice wrote: »
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    Until the 17th it's free so i've read then back to normal

It's not FTA, in fact it's not even FTV. It is encrypted.
  • daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MUTV is free to a select few costemers untill the 17th of March i have a letter telling me this