Why the hate for the Twins?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
Forum Member
Usually I can see everyones opinions on this board and why they might think certain things, but in regards to the twins Im at a loss. Sure they are not the most dynamic housemates ever, or even the nicest but, to me, they are fairly amusing and harmless?

I havent seen any LF etc, so only go by the highlights shows to form my opinion

What am I missing?!

Comments

• B L ZeebubB L Zeebub Posts: 9,134
    Forum Member
    If I wanted to listen to kids arguing, I'd turn off my TV and pay attention to my own kids.
  • hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    B L Zeebub wrote: »
    If I wanted to listen to kids arguing, I'd turn off my TV and pay attention to my own kids.

:D quite
  • ZadethZadeth Posts: 5,450
    Forum Member
    Their sense of entitlement, the hatred for other housemates, they do nothing but sit around, moan and eat, the overplaying to cameras they did on the 7 - 9 LF with the over-enthusiastic laughing,etc.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,764
    Forum Member
    Their routine is an act, they're arrogant and very, very annoying.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact they think they're oh so funny and entertaining when their act basically consists of doing stupid dancing with their shirts off and put on 'from me to you' bickering

The rest of the time, the sit with faces like a smacked arse that's just sucked a lemon
  • VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roxtar1981 wrote: »
    Usually I can see everyones opinions on this board and why they might think certain things, but in regards to the twins Im at a loss. Sure they are not the most dynamic housemates ever, or even the nicest but, to me, they are fairly amusing and harmless?

What am I missing?!

oooohh.. where to start;)

Less facetiously, they are ill-informed, judgemental, foolish and bitchy (and yes, some would think this would make them great HMs). They are harmless enough I guess but they have made the mistake of thinking they are endearing cos they've probably heard that from the parents all their lives. Jack is certainly nicer than Joe though.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Duoidioanthropophobia
  • AJ_is_HOTAJ_is_HOT Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're the bitchiest HM's in there.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,691
    Forum Member
    A couple of pathetic mummy's boys. "Are we being funny, mummy ?" No handle on life whatsoever but still keen to share their deep knowledge with everyone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member

What am I missing?!

I dont hate them but it's their act :eek:it annoys me, they have obviously rehearsed it all....... then asking their parents if they are funny sealed it for me..................Play arguing where they both think they are right is one thing....but when they argue with others (Dan) then accuse him of looking down on them plus other things.....always thinking they are right just shows what a couple of spoilt brats they really are.

They have made themselves dislikable with their know all attitude.
  • Panda EyesPanda Eyes Posts: 4,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zadeth wrote: »
    Their sense of entitlement, the hatred for other housemates, they do nothing but sit around, moan and eat, the overplaying to cameras they did on the 7 - 9 LF with the over-enthusiastic laughing,etc.

This, and it bugs me the most about them. They really project a sense of ownership over the house, who deserves to be there and who has done enough to stay. Their over rehearsed comedy arguing skits are lame, the way they talk like they have the wisdom of age but fail to see they have no experience is annoying.

They are contrived, insipid and dull.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fundamentally, they're just really really really really really incredibly annoying.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    I don't find them amusing - the contrived arguments which they seem to believe everyone finds hilarious are actually really really annoying! That's pretty much all they have to offer, apart from one of them occassionally salivating as he talks to Hazel and the other one (i think) sometimes having a bitching session with Dan, they offer absolutely nothing!

It seems all the 'characters' are being voted out, were it not for this un-safe house we'd be left with Sam, that blonde haired boring girl, and the twins - even Hazel and the triangle will be boring without Daley and Jackie respectively - Daley and Hazel was at least fun to watch as people loved to hate, and Jackie made the love-triangle interesting by constantly whinging and belittling Callum and Dexter, which was at least fun to watch in that it got people annoyed! The dynamic has totally changed over the last week in a major way and unless something is done or something happens which shakes things up, I fear for the future of this series :(
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you see the topless 'give me a T' skit last night? That will answer your question beyond any reasonable doubt
  • Panda EyesPanda Eyes Posts: 4,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Did you see the topless 'give me a T' skit last night? That will answer your question beyond any reasonable doubt

Totally! Indubitably :D
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,500
    Forum Member
    Joe (the slimer one) is absolutely horrible to his own twin which goes beyond just sibling put downs/ banter. He is a bitter, vile bitch who thinks he's all innocent etc when in reality he just isn't very nice.

I like Jack and I think if he wasn't in there with Joe he would go alot further, the noms this week higlhigihted that Joe was the problem and the one that has the issues in terms of arguing etc (as highlighted by Dan's/ someone elses votes).

Split them up and get rid of Joe
  • dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I somewhat like Jack. But Joe is just very bitchy for me. And togehter, they do act up alot to camera's. they asked if they were being funny. If they were naturally funny, they wouldnt need to ask.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    18 going on 8. Best description was when Anne Diamond said they were like two little bulldog pups
  • SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're not very entertaining, I laugh at them not with them.

If anyone is a snake in the House it's the Twins. You will always see one of the Twins lurking in the background listening in to small grps convos. Then they both go up to the tree house and compare notes what they've heard during the day. They are also the bitches HMs in the house.

Their arguments are staged and scripted, well rehearsed. They try too hard to be funny but they aren't & they had to ask their parents if they were coming across as funny on the TV :rolleyes:

They are very snide and patronising with their comments ......

shall I continue ? as You can tell I don't like them very much :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hypocrits: They don't like arragance yet are very arragant themselfs

Arguing: Is that really the way to resolve disputes, do we reeally want TV teaching people to argue over nothing and disrespect other people.

Teamwork: Bullying I have seen it on livefeed though bullying may be too strong a term for aggressive demanding.

Attitude 'Nobody is going to tell us what we can and can't do'

First words to parents in remote control task :'Are we bing funny?'
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The twins are the only housemates who I actually dislike. As people have already said its their sense of entitlement that gets on my nerves. Why are they so above being nominated? Why do they think that just because they dislike someone everyone else should feel the same? They are showing a lot of disrespect to the viewers by moaning about who they think should and shouldn't still be in the house.

They are just a pair of horrible, spoiled brats.
  • JVSJVS Posts: 12,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hypocrits: They don't like arragance yet are very arragant themselfs
    First words to parents in remote control task :'Are we bing funny?'

That's what put me off them - plus the cheerleading 'Jack's a t**t' routine on last night's show. And the way they wanted Dexter out of the (i.e. their) house.
  • SCLeeSCLee Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What am I missing?!

They're kinda bland. They have a game plan (are we being funny?), they think they're gonna win. They aren't funny.
  • junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Are we being funny mummy?"

isn't that enough reason on its own
  • NaughtyNanNaughtyNan Posts: 9,445
    Forum Member
    Zadeth wrote: »

This post. :) plus the gormless and emotionless look on their faces.