Can Anything Save This £20 Million Turkey of a Show?

Comments

• MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know WHERE it is - just not sure what it's for!

It gets your shopping in, then hoovers your bedroom carpet.
  • SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muggsy wrote: »

LOL. I wish it does that! :D
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Excellent. Does it Tweet as well?
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent. Does it Tweet as well?

I do my own tweeting. Why don't you press it and see?
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's very slapdash though :rolleyes: just can't get the staff tees days :p:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thank God, a cleaner! I need one of those. :o:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the show has a massive problem its seen as pretentious.
    they need more updated songs.cut the sobstories.Cut the dancers
    Tell Jessie J and William to speak like judges.
    and get the live results meaning that LIVE
  • happy tvhappy tv Posts: 1,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the show has a massive problem its seen as pretentious.
    they need more updated songs.cut the sobstories.Cut the dancers
    Tell Jessie J and William to speak like judges.
    and get the live results meaning that LIVE

I agree but maybe bringing on Cheryl Cole could fix that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chrisshep wrote: »

Excellent piece.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Good analysis and suggested solutions.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing can save this heap of shit . .
    Ditch it as soon as . . .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hootie wrote: »

But wouldn't it be better if they worked on it and tried to make it better, given how much money has been spent and it would be really nice to have a good programme like this from the BBC?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes. A sensible article that points out the flaws with the show AND puts forwards good ideas about how those flaws could be addressed.

I'm sure it won't be long before someone insists it was written by Simon Cowell though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This is a clear example of a an unnecessary and gratuitous and pointless post. So categorical, and contains nothing substantial, worse than buffalo excrement, because at least that animal dung could be used as fertilizers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lumiere wrote: »
    Yes. A sensible article that points out the flaws with the show AND puts forwards good ideas about how those flaws could be addressed.

I'm sure it won't be long before someone insists it was written by Simon Cowell though.

Nah. I wouldn't be. It's written quite dispassionately. So I don't think anyone in their right minds, fans or otherwise to The Voice, would say that...
  • DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But wouldn't it be better if they worked on it and tried to make it better, given how much money has been spent and it would be really nice to have a good programme like this from the BBC?

Yes it would. I still enjoy it :o I'm not saying there isn't room for improvement though ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a clear example of a an unnecessary and gratuitous and pointless post. So categorical, and contains nothing substantial, worse than buffalo excrement, because at least that animal dung could be used as fertilizers.

As long as it doesn't taint the mozzarella....
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Surely part of the problem is that the 'talent show' format has been so altered by Cowell and ITV that anything which isn't a blatant copy will be seen as a failure?

Cowell recast talent shows as soap opera: therefore we have drama, villains, plots, twists, heros, etc. and the actual 'talent' is rather irrelevant. 'The Voice' has no villains, no plots, no twists. It's just people singing and everyone is a hero. And I don't think that's what the public really wants to see. There's a reason why Eastenders and Coronation St are the most watched shows in the UK. Perhaps the format itself, a no-frills singing contest, is what is truly old-fashioned and no amount of tinkering can alter that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely part of the problem is that the 'talent show' format has been so altered by Cowell and ITV that anything which isn't a blatant copy will be seen as a failure?

Cowell recast talent shows as soap opera: therefore we have drama, villains, plots, twists, heros, etc. and the actual 'talent' is rather irrelevant. 'The Voice' has no villains, no plots, no twists. It's just people singing and everyone is a hero. And I don't think that's what the public really wants to see. There's a reason why Eastenders and Coronation St are the most watched shows in the UK. Perhaps the format itself, a no-frills singing contest, is what is truly old-fashioned and no amount of tinkering can alter that.

Cowell's XF is more like a pantomime, while BGT is like a Victorian Freak Show.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Cowell's XF is more like a pantomime, while BGT is like a Victorian Freak Show.

Pantomime and freak show are both early ancestors of soap ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It doesn't deserve to be saved, though the thicker ones do possibly need couple more weeks to see it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jiopsi wrote: »
    It doesn't deserve to be saved, though the thicker ones do possibly need couple more weeks to see it.

We are trying to think positively...:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Voice does have flaws but complaining that Danny's team will be in it for too long? What??? Danny has the best team!

And it also fails to address that it is weak because the team concept means 'talented people' leave the competition whilst less talented people remain in the competition. For me this is it's biggest hurdle....

But before all The Voice 'haters' in this forum rub their hands in glee, I want to stress that I do actually like the show; it just needs to iron out a few wrinkles... :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jiopsi wrote: »

Nah. Even if they never sort out the format, I would still watch the beginning of The Voice to watch the turning chairs and as some of the battles were superb this year, I would still watch that too.

Btw, as you do hate The Voice so much, why do you hang around here :confused: