Rude celebs on twitter

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allie5 wrote: »
    I suppose it depends what you tweet doesnt it? Who are you after? Some celebs only send out tweets they never RT fans back.

Myself and friend (you know who you are!! :D) decided yesterday afternoon if we could get Ryan Seacrest to tweet us as we are big fans ;)- he has one of the biggest followings - over 2 million so we didnt know how good our chances were.

Still we managed it...he did RT us back and we were pretty thrilled ;) .Yes, I know we are sad, but it made our afternoon LOL!

I also had a Direct Message from Davina the other night too :) .

Oh how lucky are you! I love Ryan. Where do I sign for this campaign for him on XF!!!! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ben Shepard Replied to me. Made my day lol. Not that I like him that much, but hey he's still famous and replied lol.
    Peter Andre replies to a few a night aswell.
  • whitewitchwhitewitch Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have had a tweet from amber benson, from buffy

and jenni trent hughes actually follows me :D
  • allie5allie5 Posts: 4,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stargirl90 wrote: »
    Oh how lucky are you! I love Ryan. Where do I sign for this campaign for him on XF!!!! :D

I know we were pretty darn gobsmacked to be honest as he has so many followers :D . We love our ickle Ry -although that red shirt he had on on E! News tonight wasnt doing him any favours ;) .

We are going to start a campaign on the XF forum. My darned internet is out at home (Im actually sitting in macdonalds car park now using their free wifi would you believe!! :D) hopefully BT will repair my line tomorrow. Feel free to start the campaign yourself - I will join in as soon as I can!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allie5 wrote: »
    I know we were pretty darn gobsmacked to be honest as he has so many followers :D . We love our ickle Ry -although that red shirt he had on on E! News tonight wasnt doing him any favours ;) .

We are going to start a campaign on the XF forum. My darned internet is out at home (Im actually sitting in macdonalds car park now using their free wifi would you believe!! :D) hopefully BT will repair my line tomorrow. Feel free to start the campaign yourself - I will join in as soon as I can!

aww I don't get to watch him on E! news :( bet he still looked hot though ;)

a campaign is a great idea - Lol sitting in mcdonalds - thats dedication for you haha
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never had a Twitter reply. :( Tried Devon Sawa a few times but no luck.

I've had lots of replies on MySpace, though (Vanessa, Una and Rochelle from The Saturdays, Taylor Swift, Melee.....)
  • Ewarwoowar86Ewarwoowar86 Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    I did a little experiment on Twitter recently - I asked about 30 celebrities a really banal and stupid question, and wondered how many of them would bother to reply!

Amazingly, about 20 of them did, including people like Jonathan Ross, Katherine Jenkins, Dave Gorman, Frankie from The Saturdays and others.

Won't put it all up on here, but the results are on my blog: http://theriseandriseoftimlovejoy.blogspot.com/2009/08/final-word.html if you want to see who said what!

Away from that nonsense - yes, Jason Manford and Dave Gorman reply a lot. Jenni Falconer, Danny Wallace...less so!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did a little experiment on Twitter recently - I asked about 30 celebrities a really banal and stupid question, and wondered how many of them would bother to reply!

Amazingly, about 20 of them did, including people like Jonathan Ross, Katherine Jenkins, Dave Gorman, Frankie from The Saturdays and others.
    They were good sports for replying to you. Nice to see that some are friendly. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    What is an RT on twitter?
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marvola45 wrote: »
    I think you just answered your own question there... they get 100s of messages an hour. Do a search for your celeb's name with @ in front of it and you can see exactly who's been writing to them. Seriously - if they were to reply to even one tenth of everyone who wrote, they'd be there all day.

People like Noel Clarke occasionally have 'competitions' where they'll answer a set number of questions, but even answering 30 questions takes up to an hour.

I agree with you here. If they replied to every single message that they saw, they'd likely lose their job that makes them the celebrity they are. This poster's likely just a long line of people wanting them to reply to them. There might be a few lucky ones who get replied to, but most of them will understandably get sadly left out.
  • mistrimistri Posts: 3,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no way the celebs could reply to everyone on twitter. But it is nice when they get in touch with a few - I was happy (lame as this may sound!) when Andi Peters replied to my tweet (something about asking him if he'd seen Star Trek, I seem to recall).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    What is an RT on twitter?

I spent months trying to work it out, but I THINK it's re-tweet :)
  • SuperSal1SuperSal1 Posts: 853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tweeted Philip Scofield, he replied, I replied to him, he said something nasty and then blocked me!!!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could always try tweeting a message on your page saying celebrities are rude because they do not reply to your messages. It could make these celebrities reply:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    SuperSal1 wrote: »
    I tweeted Philip Scofield, he replied, I replied to him, he said something nasty and then blocked me!!!

:eek:
    I pissed off Grace Dent by sticking up for Kirsten O Brien when she was slagging her off, she blocked me :p
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stargirl90 wrote: »
    aww I don't get to watch him on E! news :( bet he still looked hot though ;)

a campaign is a great idea - Lol sitting in mcdonalds - thats dedication for you haha
    I might nip over to the XF forum and start the campaign today - O'Leary out, Seacrest in!:D It would be brilliant. But Dermy's fans might object:( Is he on twitter?
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    I might nip over to the XF forum and start the campaign today - O'Leary out, Seacrest in!:D It would be brilliant. But Dermy's fans might object:( Is he on twitter?

I'll join you, two lots of Rymon per year - bliss :D:D:D

Louis will get very jealous though ;)
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll join you, two lots of Rymon per year - bliss :D:D:D

Louis will get very jealous though ;)
    But that will just add to the enjoyment won't it?:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've tweeted a few celebs and not had a lot of luck. Grace Dent has been ok - tweeted her a few times and had nice replies, less so since BB as I don't watch. My other half has had success tweeting and chatting to people like Rufus Hound - they're both into motorbikes so chatted a lot for a time. Tried and failed with Philip Schofield, but he's got like a bajillion followers so it must be difficult to keep up, ditto Stephen Fry, but he can do no wrong as far as I'm concerned ;). Know they're not really proper celebs in the real sense but a few of the presenters from QVC are on there and have followed me - and are incredibly pleasant people and lovely to chat to.
  • pixiepoppetpixiepoppet Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    How do you reply to a tweet? I'm still not familiar with Twitter although I tweet and follow and have some following me but can't figure how to respond to someone else's tweet.:o
  • Ewarwoowar86Ewarwoowar86 Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    How do you reply to a tweet? I'm still not familiar with Twitter although I tweet and follow and have some following me but can't figure how to respond to someone else's tweet.:o

If you have Tweetdeck installed, hover over the picture of the person who just tweeted and you'll see an option to "reply".

If not, start a tweet yourself but put the persons name at the beginning after the @ symbol.

E.g. if you wanted to respond to Jonathan Ross, you would start a tweet with @wossy and then type what you want to him!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    I find it a bit weird when a celeb adds you to their follow list. You feel like you need to be on your best behaviour in case something you write is read by them and offends them.