Options

Party time !!!!

Comments

• Options
    jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    Phew ! thank goodness for that, Gavin out next week and then we can get on with a proper contest.
  • Options
    Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im a bit surprised to be honest. Curiously Anne may have danced to well-ie not funny enough. Would have loved to have seen her jive.
  • Options
    jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    pork.pie wrote: »
    Fix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are joking surely :D:D:D
  • Options
    reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris1964 wrote: »
    Im a bit surprised to be honest. Curiously Anne may have danced to well-ie not funny enough. Would have loved to have seen her jive.

What a truly terrifying thought! :eek:
  • Options
    Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I just turned a shade of green ,:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    I'm so glad Ann is gone - she entertained me for about 3 weeks, and then I just got fed up with her gobby mouth. She sank herself this week with her arrogance - and a little help from the judges, the wardrobe department and the VT that showed her up in a very bad light. The judges she could do nothing about; the wardrobe stitch up was a bit cruel; but the VT just showed what she said, so she can't complain about that.

I do feel that the Beeb have promoted her for their ratings, only to drop her from a great height, though...
  • Options
    FacechildFacechild Posts: 1,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the British public.........it was fun to keep her in for a time but now we're getting to the business end - get sensible.:D
  • Options
    JukeJiveJukeJive Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Share my bucket.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    the gods have spoken!!! Man I love it
  • Options
    pabirdpabird Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dome wrote: »
    Well done and thank you to Ann and Anton, you have given hope and confidence to those who would be afraid to give dancing a go.

Kara is my winner, so that will be the kiss of death. :D

Dome nobody takes up dance to be (sneered) laught at the fun was over many weeks past

Non-dancers should be encoraged to join in when watching the improvement week on week made by non-dancers who learn to love the dance
  • Options
    dizzyrascaldizzyrascal Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    Cannot think of a better result. It is about 8 weeks too late but better late than never!
    Can really begin to enjoy the show now instead of hiding behind the sofa!
    :D
  • Options
    SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    What a truly terrifying thought! :eek:
    JukeJive wrote: »
    Share my bucket.

I bet every bra manufacturer in the country is sighing with relief that their contraptions are not going to be put to the test!
  • Options
    yenstonyenston Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So glad Ann has gone. I think Anton was secretly relieved!
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    pabird wrote: »
    Dome nobody takes up dance to be (sneered) laught at the fun was over many weeks past

Non-dancers should be encoraged to join in when watching the improvement week on week made by non-dancers who learn to love the dance

This post says more about you than people who go to dance classes.

No one should feel they cannot join in whatever their ability.
  • Options
    Tommo781Tommo781 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This post says more about you than people who go to dance classes.

No one should feel they cannot join in whatever their ability.

Dome, forget it. This is a truly childish thread and you will never get through. And no folks, I didn't vote for AW at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tommo781 wrote: »
    Dome, forget it. This is a truly childish thread and you will never get through. And no folks, I didn't vote for AW at all.

I will not forget it.

If people that were only 'natural dancers' attended classes they would be few and far between and dance would eventually die out.

Dance is for all and should be available to be enjoyed by all, whatever their ability.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will not forget it.

If people that were only 'natural dancers' attended classes they would be few and far between and dance would eventually die out.

Dance is for all and should be available to be enjoyed by all, whatever their ability.

I think you may have misunderstood my meaning Dome. I was totally agreeing with you. By "forget it" I meant your wise words were wasted in this thread, given the childish tone of others.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think you may have misunderstood my meaning Dome. I was totally agreeing with you. By "forget it" I meant your wise words were wasted in this thread, given the childish tone of others.

I realised that, but felt I had to clarify my point.

No offence intended to you. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I realised that, but felt I had to clarify my point.

No offence intended to you. ;)

OK! We are both singing off the same hymn sheet then. No offence taken. :)
  • Options
    anirose26anirose26 Posts: 1,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to celebrate,but thought of scott being in the bottom two makes me sad.:cry::(
  • Options
    Rikki65Rikki65 Posts: 8,449
    Forum Member
    Definitely a better result than Xfactor.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    Rikki65 wrote: »
    Definitely a better result than Xfactor.

Sorry to be off topic but I thought the x factor result was spot on!
  • Options
    Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,403
    Forum Member
    Bit sad for her.

Me too. at times the judges were so rude and she took it. Others would have got stroppy and flounced off and sulked. The Beeb are partly to fault for this. They knew what they were doing that's why they gave her Anton. He was the only one who could get what he did from her. Other dancers would have failed miserably.
    As for Alesha she really went down in mind last night. she should nt be telling anyone where they are going wrong. She looked down her nose at Ann or maybe it was the extra eyelashes she had on!!
    Ann will be remembered for a long time for this series.
    Good on Her. She should join Len in his Masterclass!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too. at times the judges were so rude and she took it. Others would have got stroppy and flounced off and sulked. The Beeb are partly to fault for this. They knew what they were doing that's why they gave her Anton. He was the only one who could get what he did from her. Other dancers would have failed miserably.
    As for Alesha she really went down in mind last night. she should nt be telling anyone where they are going wrong. She looked down her nose at Ann or maybe it was the extra eyelashes she had on!!
    Ann will be remembered for a long time for this series.
    Good on Her. She should join Len in his Masterclass!!

At last a sensible post. AW went with dignity, and had the grace to praise Anton (which she did consistently from week one.) She didn't fall into the trap of making an Oscar type speech as others have. I wish her well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At last a sensible post. AW went with dignity, and had the grace to praise Anton (which she did consistently from week one.) She didn't fall into the trap of making an Oscar type speech as others have. I wish her well.

Let me release the pressure!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's gone!

As for Oscar speeches, are you by any chance referring to Patsy's? I thought it was very gracious, well done, fast and for once not interrupted. Very few other contestants mention more than the judges, the audience, perhaps the musicians and some of them forget their celebrity partners.

Don't forget that the credits given on the show are extremely fleeting, the four singers are never in shot long enough for us to recognise their faces, the costumes and hair have been magnificent this year (very few question marks compared with previous series) - some poor sods had to make the props - so I think all those listening would have been thankful for the nod.