Fringe Season 3 (Sky 1 pace)

Comments

• ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrkite77 wrote: »
    Looks like he thought this was a US pace thread. I don't think there is one.

There is a US pace thread here - but it does seem to have died a bit of a death.:(
  • srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    There is a US pace thread here - but it does seem to have died a bit of a death.:(

Probably because the US Pacers are posting in the UK thread instead of their own with little care towards us.
    It's a hostile take over from an alternate thread, I say we take off and nuke them from orbit. it's the only way to be sure...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    srhDS wrote: »
    grr. some people have to consideration of others. I hope at least we get an opology...

/sadface

Yeah, sorry guys. Will try harder in future *penance*
  • tommyd1258tommyd1258 Posts: 6,923
    Forum Member
    When is Fringe on in the UK? I can only watch on Sky Player and wondered when the next episode is.
  • stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    I think the next episode is on tomorrow. On Sky One at 10 PM. I usually catch the late Friday night repeat though, as Sky Box has other duties.

Hope that helps. :D
  • tommyd1258tommyd1258 Posts: 6,923
    Forum Member
    stripedcat wrote: »
    I think the next episode is on tomorrow. On Sky One at 10 PM. I usually catch the late Friday night repeat though, as Sky Box has other duties.

Hope that helps. :D

Cheers for that! The last episode was fantastic!
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,695
    Forum Member
    Then a break until January :(
  • stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    Blast! :( That means even more waiting!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    An american recapper has a great name for altlivia, holivia! Which I think fits greatly with her vagenda!
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,963
    Forum Member
    Hmm... I see! Was Olivia being reasonable with Peter? Her alt is more than just an identical twin. I think he'll sort her anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Mandark wrote: »
    Hmm... I see! Was Olivia being reasonable with Peter? Her alt is more than just an identical twin. I think he'll sort her anyway.

After what she's been through would you want to be reasonable? He got her through her ordeal (granted it was a part of her psyche) but to come back and he not noticed that you were missing wouldn't you be incredibly hurt. Yes they were identical but he did noticed differences and dismissed them easily, too easily in some cases
  • ajr493ajr493 Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ava189 wrote: »
    After what she's been through would you want to be reasonable? He got her through her ordeal (granted it was a part of her psyche) but to come back and he not noticed that you were missing wouldn't you be incredibly hurt. Yes they were identical but he did noticed differences and dismissed them easily, too easily in some cases

I thought they did this really well - we (well I) thought that Peter had sussed that Holivia wasn't Olivia but it turns out he put them to her experiences on the other side "changing" her.

I felt sorry for both of them, I thought they both acted really well - and Olivia's mannerisms were VERY different to Holivia - much more masculine, swinging shoulders, square-planted feet etc - I really thought hey, Olivia's back!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brill episode (as per usual) but did anyone find peter and astrid's video chat a shameless product placement for that sprint phone :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    smfan123 wrote: »
    Brill episode (as per usual) but did anyone find peter and astrid's video chat a shameless product placement for that sprint phone :D

I'm glad i'm not the only one that noticed that. It was pretty shameless, especially the way that the cameras focus seemed to be on the Sprint logo rather than the video of Astrid's face, lol.

Great episode though. The dead girls ballet is probably the oddest/creepiest thing i've ever seen on a network TV show!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    The dead girls ballet is probably the oddest/creepiest thing i've ever seen on a network TV show!

Oddly beautiful and disturbing all at the same time
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it was a big comedown on the previous weeks episode, ok but nothing standout, they should have had last weeks episode as the season break finale not this one.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably the best episode of the entire series for me. Until now, I never found the show to be anything more than a watchable middle of the road passtime. At last, some emotional complexity and depth I can take seriously.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was a big comedown on the previous weeks episode, ok but nothing standout, they should have had last weeks episode as the season break finale not this one.

I found the "event-of-the-week" bit somewhat weak in comparison to recent stories but the character development and particularly poor Olivia's emotional breakdown was absolutely marvellous. Poor Olivia. Poor Pete too :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    Ja88ed wrote: »
    I found the "event-of-the-week" bit somewhat weak in comparison to recent stories but the character development and particularly poor Olivia's emotional breakdown was absolutely marvellous. Poor Olivia. Poor Pete too :(

I'm finding the "event of the week" stuff a bit of a distraction now tbh. I kind of wish the last episode had been all character based (although the tie-in with the 'I looked into her eyes and it wasn't her' line was inspired!)

That said, brilliant stuff yet again. Sad about the break...
  • srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nook26 wrote: »
    I'm finding the "event of the week" stuff a bit of a distraction now tbh.

I think they've done a great job of tying in the freak of the week stuff into the main story.
    For instance the episode with the identical twins mirroring the two Olivias.

This week the girl brought back by the man who loved her while when Oliva was trapped on the other side the man who loved her was living it up with another woman.
    The grotesque ballet was beauty and creepy, just a brillan piece of television. It also mirrored Oliva on the other side being controlled, manipulated and experimented on.

Rather ominous at the end when the Observer said "Yes, he's still alive". Do they know someone is going to die?
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was it just me, or during one scene the other night in Broyles office, when he picked up the phone he said something along the lines of "This is Colonel Broyles", to which the camera then focused on Peter and Olivia giving each other an odd look. He is only a Colonel in the other universe isn't he?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    Was it just me, or during one scene the other night in Broyles office, when he picked up the phone he said something along the lines of "This is Colonel Broyles", to which the camera then focused on Peter and Olivia giving each other an odd look. He is only a Colonel in the other universe isn't he?

I noticed this too. I just dismissed it as he was colonel broyles too but just never referred to it (alt. broyles did however as the alt. fringe division seems more military focused)
    Not 100% sure though :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    Red Arrow wrote: »

I knew something sounded off about it...really looking forward to the second half of the season if this is true. I loved Lost, but its mysterious twists and turns have nothing on Fringe right now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ja88ed wrote: »

Yes the Olivia/Peter stuff was great but the monster of the week part, been done so many times before.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smfan123 wrote: »
    I noticed this too. I just dismissed it as he was colonel broyles too but just never referred to it (alt. broyles did however as the alt. fringe division seems more military focused)
    Not 100% sure though :confused:

Broyles is a Colonel in 'our' universe as well. In one episode he appeared before a Senate Committee and one of the members, in a disrespectful manner, called him Mister. He rebuked the Senator and told him to call him Special Agent(HS) or Colonel.