Freeserve/Orange email

skillerskiller Posts: 963
Forum Member
✭✭
Has anyone out there got an email address for Freeserve/Orange? I still have but for the last few weeks I have not found the option to view the webmail.

Fortunately it is not my primary address, but I still would like to see it.

I am still receiving emails to my freeserve address but am unable to reply to them using freeserve as I can't see my webmail!

It doesn't help that when I try to ask for help on their website it always says "error".

Comments

• TrajetTrajet Posts: 2,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still use my Freeserve email address. I send and receive through Outlook.

The settings if required are

smtp.freeserve.co.uk

pop.freeserve.com
  • emptyboxemptybox Posts: 13,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you left Orange, or are they still your current ISP?
    If you've left them they may have closed your email account, as far as sending mail goes.

I've got an 'fsnet' email address, but whenever I'm setting up email clients I use the following server addresses

pop.orangehome.co.uk (for incoming mail)
    smtp.orangehome.co.uk (for outgoing)

For what it's worth I don't have any problem accessing my webmail page - http://web.orange.co.uk/p/email/home
    But Orange are still my ISP.

If you can still receive your Freeserve emails, why don't you just reply to them using another email address? You can do that easily if you are using an email client like Windows Live Mail to access all your different accounts.
  • skillerskiller Posts: 963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trajet wrote: »
    I still use my Freeserve email address. I send and receive through Outlook.

The settings if required are

smtp.freeserve.co.uk

pop.freeserve.com
    Thanks for the reply, but I don't think this is the problem. My pop (incoming) server is actually pop.freeserve.co.uk (probably the same as pop.freeserve.com) and it works fine. I don't have a need for an smtp (outgoing) server as I don't think that works unless you actually have them as your ISP, which I don't. (It certainly never used to, anyway.)
    emptybox wrote: »
    Have you left Orange, or are they still your current ISP?
    If you've left them they may have closed your email account, as far as sending mail goes.
    I used to have Freeserve as my ISP many years ago, but I've always managed to keep my mailbox active. The last time I logged into my webmail was 26th November 2012 - less than 2 months ago.
    I've got an 'fsnet' email address, but whenever I'm setting up email clients I use the following server addresses

pop.orangehome.co.uk (for incoming mail)
    smtp.orangehome.co.uk (for outgoing)
    As I said to Trajet above, my problem isn't with pop/smtp, it's with accessing my webmail online.
    For what it's worth I don't have any problem accessing my webmail page - http://web.orange.co.uk/p/email/home
    But Orange are still my ISP.
    Hmmm... tried that. It just takes me to a page suggesting I sign up again! Usually they give you a warning before losing your mailbox and it is usually a lot longer than 6 weeks - and I never received any warning.
    If you can still receive your Freeserve emails, why don't you just reply to them using another email address? You can do that easily if you are using an email client like Windows Live Mail to access all your different accounts.
    Yes, I know I can do that (and I do use Windows Live Mail as my client), but I like to keep different contacts using the different email addresses.

I'm a bit stumped. Either I've lost the ability to navigate their webpage to get to my webmail, or they've cut me off with no warning, yet still allow emails to be sent to my inbox!

Sorry to bore you all, but the worst thing is, as I said in my first post is that their "contact us"/"help" never works! :(

They do offer a phone number, but I thought you guys might be cheaper! :)
  • iangradiangrad Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your Web mail is accessed from the "Check your email " link on the left hand side on the orange home page it is not available from your original link . This changed a while ago !
  • EarakeEarake Posts: 1,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still have a Wanadoo email address although Orange isn't my ISP and sometimes my log in throws a wobbler.

Try logging in to the Member Centre and restoring your account :

https://web.orange.co.uk/r/login/?servicename=Your+Account+for+home+broadband&url=https%3A%2F%2Fmembercentre.orange.co.uk%2FMCPres%2F%3Fdub%3D1
  • skillerskiller Posts: 963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well spank my arse and call me Charlie!

I tried again earlier on an iPad and I found the link to my webmail straight away. I then thought that as I could see it instantly on an iPad but not for weeks on my laptop that it must have had something to do with the AdBlock extension I have on my laptop's Chrome browser. But I've just tried again on my laptop and the link is there clearly.

So either the Orange homepage has had it hidden for a while and suddenly made it reappear today or I've been an idiot and suddenly learned how to use my eyes. I strongly suspect the latter! :D
    iangrad wrote: »
    Your Web mail is accessed from the "Check your email " link on the left hand side on the orange home page
    You're right. That's what I found earlier. :)

Thanks everyone for all your help. Panic over!
  • iangradiangrad Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad you are working again , the Orange home page changed sometime in November ( I think ) !