Could Ann actually win this series?....

Peter EPeter E Posts: 7,746
Forum Member
She's never been in the bottom two and she's very popular. I wanted Michelle to win but now she's out I want Ann to win. Does anyone think she coudl actually win this

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bloody hope not - she's a disgrace, unfunny, rude and ungainly. She's making a mockery of the show.

<
    and relax :-)

Personally I think she'll go in a few weeks.
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She might make semi finals but I dont think she will survive the double elimination that week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    I hope not, though it is possible. Still, this sort of thing was always possible whenever you give the public an equal stake in decisions. Personally, I think the highest she can reach is third.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course she could win, it's up to the viewing public. But I think it would be a hollow victory for all concerned if she does. And I'm sure the beeb would alter the voting to make sure such a travesty didn't happen again.

DWTS has already announced that it is going to make changes for future series to their voting procedure after a potential winner was booted out last week & the weakest dancer has made the final. And I use the term weakest dancer deliberately (she can at least dance) - there is no way Ann could claim to be any kind of dancer.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the viewers vote is giving her the opportunity to go for a while yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    she could but it would totally destroy the show's (shaky) credibility
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really hope she'll be gone before the semi-final.

I want the semi-final to be Kara & Artem, Matt & Aliona, Pamela & James, Patsy & Robin and Scott & Natalie.

I want the final to be any three of Kara & Artem, Matt & Aliona, Pamela & James or Scott & Natalie

I think I would prefer Kara & Artem, Scott & Natalie and Pamela & James to get to the final. I know Pamela & James aren't the best couple but Matt & Aliona just don't interest me; I can't warm to them at all and I don't think I've ever been particularly enthused by any of their dances, which I have for the other three couples I mentioned. Plus, I fully expect that Matt & Aliona's showdance will be full of predictable props-and-gymnastics gimmicks that we've already seen them do loads of times. I think the other couples are more likely to give us something new - or new for them, anyway.

If Ann & Anton make it to the final, I'm going on strike and I'm not watching!
  • ilovesootyilovesooty Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she could win and that the BBC are well aware of what they're doing. I'm beginning to think that they actually want to ditch the show and are looking to validate their decision by blaming the public for making it untenable. Why else set out to promote Ann at every opportunity?

And I think Anton's reward will be a very high profile show of his own, and he knew that from the start.
  • JukeJiveJukeJive Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gloomily, I think she could. If the phone vote is as high as some people suspect and it remains constant... I suppose it could also depend on who was also in the final and the GBP seeing the appalling travesty... The final is voted on by people... I've lost the will to type.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she could but it would totally destroy the show's (shaky) credibility

This is just what I feel too. The producers might have shot themselves in the foot by asking AW to appear.
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well of the couples left only Felicity has been bottom 2. Ann isn't necessarily topping the public vote and she hasn'y needed to too survive. I don't think she'll last much longer personally.
  • ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    Sadly I think she could. I would have expected her to be bottom two at some point by now but I fear it is not to be.
  • DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noooo and after last night ,she may go tonight. That was not funny at all and it was insulting, to her colleagues, herself and the viewers.
    She has been a good sport and taken it well, I've enjoyed seeing her... but its tired and old now
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ilovesooty wrote: »
    I think she could win and that the BBC are well aware of what they're doing. I'm beginning to think that they actually want to ditch the show and are looking to validate their decision by blaming the public for making it untenable. Why else set out to promote Ann at every opportunity?

And I think Anton's reward will be a very high profile show of his own, and he knew that from the start.
    I can't see Anton wanting to win with Ann as his partner. I imagine he'd rather win with a partner who tries to dance.
  • Kevin1960Kevin1960 Posts: 5,584
    Forum Member
    Last year the scoring system was changed which gives a greater effect to the public vote (when the judges give equal points to two or more couples). Now the dance-off has been done away with the voting system should be changed back to the way it was before last year, but it hasn't; this means the public's vote is even more relevant this year than last.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ilovesooty wrote: »

I can't see the beeb ditching the show - imagine having sold the concept to around 31/32 different countries worldwide & then having to admit they were giving up because the court jester won!

But I do think there would be a lot more changes - changes that I suspect the viewers (voting viewers anyway) wouldn't like, with more power given to the judges & less to the public.

Are the bbc promoting Ann? I hadn't noticed if they are, although I know some of the papers are - but then she does work for at least one of them.

Anton's already had shows - Hole in the Wall, Step up to the Plate - I can't see him ever getting a high profile show of his own, but I could still see him taking over from Bruce. [If that happens, I wonder if Erin would replace Tess?]
  • PastaPasta Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The suppposed 'leaked' voting figures in NOW a couple of weeks ago had Ann third behind Scott and Matt, and only just ahead of Kara. Since then people have left more or less in order of those figures. I'm reasonably confident Ann will be gone by the semi, and certainly hope so.
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she did win I really won't watch anymore.

I understand there's the entertainment aspect as well as the dancing but for me, she fails at both.
  • drbolognaisedrbolognaise Posts: 2,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She probably could win....but I sincerely hope not.
  • posiepebblesposiepebbles Posts: 1,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say her appeal - whatever in heaven's name it ever was - is wearing thin. It's diffficult to judge, though - the hopeless case usually goes as soon as someone really good is voted out and, while I personally liked Jimi a lot, I don't think it was quite enough of a shock to annoy the casual viewers into using their votes a bit more thoughtfully.

I know the best dancer hasn't always won by any means, but dance ability does play an increasingly important role as the series progresses and the winner has always at least had some sort of... no, sorry, won't inflict the J-word on you... but you know what I mean!

She'll go when it comes down to Ann, Kara, Matt, Scott and Pamela, if not before - pleeease. If not that scenario, she'll go the week after one of them does. Or I lose my last remaining shreds of faith in the GBP and it's renowned sense of fair play.
  • mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say her appeal - whatever in heaven's name it ever was - is wearing thin. It's diffficult to judge, though - the hopeless case usually goes as soon as someone really good is voted out and, while I personally liked Jimi a lot, I don't think it was quite enough of a shock to annoy the casual viewers into using their votes a bit more thoughtfully.

I know the best dancer hasn't always won by any means, but dance ability does play an increasingly important role as the series progresses and the winner has always at least had some sort of... no, sorry, won't inflict the J-word on you... but you know what I mean!

She'll go when it comes down to Ann, Kara, Matt, Scott and Pamela, if not before - pleeease. If not that scenario, she'll go the week after one of them does. Or I lose my last remaining shreds of faith in the GBP and it's renowned sense of fair play.

I think she will take one if not 2 of those down before she goes.
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Erin has tweeted that she is starting training with Vince Cable for the xmas special.....so whats gong to happen about Ronnie......I can see Anton being able to jugle training two celebs if Ann stays in much longer.
  • perdiedumplingperdiedumpling Posts: 8,540
    Forum Member
    kaycee wrote: »
    Of course she could win, it's up to the viewing public. But I think it would be a hollow victory for all concerned if she does. And I'm sure the beeb would alter the voting to make sure such a travesty didn't happen again.

DWTS has already announced that it is going to make changes for future series to their voting procedure after a potential winner was booted out last week & the weakest dancer has made the final. And I use the term weakest dancer deliberately (she can at least dance) - there is no way Ann could claim to be any kind of dancer.

Off topic, but what are the changes announced by DWTS?
  • posiepebblesposiepebbles Posts: 1,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erin has tweeted that she is starting training with Vince Cable for the xmas special.....so whats gong to happen about Ronnie......I can see Anton being able to jugle training two celebs if Ann stays in much longer.

Is Ann really taking up that much of his time? Can't see her bothering to do hours and hours of training - but happy if someone could correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »
    Are the bbc promoting Ann? I hadn't noticed if they are, although I know some of the papers are - but then she does work for at least one of them.

I missed the intro this week (I'd imagine it was Blackpool themed), but in previous weeks the voice over man has introduced the show with blurb such as "Ready to see Ann perform a Foxtrot?"

I don't recall any other contestants being singled out quite so much, but there may be a reason I particularly notice it with Ann and it is actually more common than I realise.