Options

When Do The Banks Open?

Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Apparently there closed. When do they open?

I need to order my 14 items on amazon. :(

Comments

• Options
    DeniseDenise Posts: 12,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tomorrow morning, when the bank holidays have finished.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    Denise wrote: »
    Tomorrow morning, when the bank holidays have finished.

Not necessarily. Barclays in Stevenage is open today.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fred wrote: »

What about Halifax.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    I don't know. I'm with Barclays.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,531
    Forum Member
    Fred wrote: »
    If they are, it will have to be a limited service, similar to Saturday opening banks. Transactions will be processed onto accounts under tomorrow's date (for all banks) although they will still keep track of your balance to stop people from taking money out twice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am i able to go in a put some money into my bank.
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about Halifax.

If you mean THE Halifax - open for business, closed for customer service.
  • Options
    radiosgaloreradiosgalore Posts: 5,348
    Forum Member
    Christmas day and boxing day are holidays far as I know. If they are closed more days i would ring customer services soon as you can get through and ask why. I know New Years Day is an official holiday but i have no idea about new years eve
  • Options
    radiosgaloreradiosgalore Posts: 5,348
    Forum Member
    d'@ve wrote: »
    If they are, it will have to be a limited service, similar to Saturday opening banks. Transactions will be processed onto accounts under tomorrow's date (for all banks) although they will still keep track of your balance to stop people from taking money out twice.

This was a normal business day. I would expect full service though with allowances made for the closures over christmas and up coming new years closure ie longer for cheques to go through etc
  • Options
    Pugwash69Pugwash69 Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Internet transactions are always open. They never close. Someone even bought from our online shop on Christmas day. :confused:
  • Options
    LittleMinx25LittleMinx25 Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if they are not open tomorrow then they are taking the pi** because its a normal day tomorrow!
  • Options
    grahamcrowdengrahamcrowden Posts: 1,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was a normal business day. I would expect full service though with allowances made for the closures over christmas and up coming new years closure ie longer for cheques to go through etc

Today is not a normal business day.
    With Xmas and Boxing Day on a weekend that created 2 bank holidays to make up for them

Banks make no allowances for anything.
    They expect people to know when the bank holidays are and I'm very surprised there really are people who don't know when they are.
    Cheque clearance delays created by the extra days off are something YOU are expected to make allowances for.
    if they are not open tomorrow then they are taking the pi** because its a normal day tomorrow!

The banks will be open as usual tomorrow.
    But they will be closed again next Monday in lieu of New Years Day on saturday
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Who are you to decide when we are off or working?

If it's THAT urgent, then you should have had it done on Xmas eve at the latest! Otherwise, tough!
  • Options
    LittleMinx25LittleMinx25 Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who are you to decide when we are off or working?

If it's THAT urgent, then you should have had it done on Xmas eve at the latest! Otherwise, tough!

i dont have anything to do as all mine is done by internet ;)

and you've just had 4 days off given to you, thats 3 days more than some people ... stop being so greedy!
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Supermarkets, shopping centres etc should take note and shut like banks do.
  • Options
    Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Supermarkets, shopping centres etc should take note and shut like banks do.
    True. Where I work has decided to open on New Year's Day... they know we're going to go in hung over but think people will still come and spend money... yeah right!
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i dont have anything to do as all mine is done by internet ;)

and you've just had 4 days off given to you, thats 3 days more than some people ... stop being so greedy!

Well then, why are you so concerned as to when they're back at work then if you don't require their service and do it online anyway?:confused:

It's actually 3 working days off (Mon, Tues, & Wed) and we've EARNED days off and it's taken from our annual leave so it hasn't simply been "given" to us as a xmas present by the bank or anything :rolleyes:

I really dislike people who expect everyone to work 365 days a year from 8-8 just so they are not inconvenienced with their 'oh so important and busy life', that they would begrudge ANYONE a few days off over Xmas after a hectic year. :rolleyes: (not aimed at you personally btw).
  • Options
    adopteradopter Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    If you mean THE Halifax - open for business, closed for customer service.

Why THE Halifax?
  • Options
    davidmcndavidmcn Posts: 12,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    adopter wrote: »
    Why THE Halifax?

To distinguish the bank from the town? He might have been asking about Barclays in Halifax...