BT Fibre optic BB

Comments

• madnesmadnes Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noise. If you ask Talktalk nicely they will waive the install fee for you. :D

Just think if you signed upto them you would not have any more door knockers.
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    madnes wrote: »

You are kidding, do you really think I would use Talk Talk? I would rather go with Bt than Talk Talk and that is saying something.

As for door knockers, being with Talk Talk don't stop them, people down the road still gets them and they got Talk Talk.

I have put a note outside now, saying that I do not want cold callers and that includes Talk Talk:)
  • neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phone up talktalk Noise, they will not charge a connection fee mate, well worth looking into when you go FTTC
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    You are kidding, do you really think I would use Talk Talk? I would rather go with Bt than Talk Talk and that is saying something.

As for door knockers, being with Talk Talk don't stop them, people down the road still gets them and they got Talk Talk.

I have put a note outside now, saying that I do not want cold callers and that includes Talk Talk:)

I must be lucky never had a "door knock" from TalkTalk yet.

Remember talktalks slogan - TalkTalk - A Brighter Home for Everyone
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neo_wales wrote: »
    Phone up talktalk Noise, they will not charge a connection fee mate, well worth looking into when you go FTTC

LOL, You just trying to wind me up, it is not going to work, you know full well that I would never use Talk Talk. As for FTTC, I am not saying i will never go fibre as things may change in the future, but in the sort term I don't feel I need it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must be lucky never had a "door knock" from TalkTalk yet.

Lucky you. when ever they come here they come up with some trash asking me if I had the discount I am entitled to, trying to make out they are with BT to start with.
    Remember talktalks slogan - TalkTalk - A Brighter Home for Everyone

A more hassle home, not brighter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucky you. when ever they come here they come up with some trash asking me if I had the discount I am entitled to, trying to make out they are with BT to start with.

A more hassle home, not brighter.

Hassle free home here, TT works, life is sweet :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassle free home here, TT works, life is sweet :D

For you and others, but sadly i have seen the worse side of Talk Talk, I don't want that hassle.

Also it is still part of Dunstone empire, keeping well clear.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There's no install fee with BT. As has been said.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For you and others, but sadly i have seen the worse side of Talk Talk, I don't want that hassle.

Pretty much all my family and friends use TT, none have had major issues, one got double billed via direct debit one month but one phone call sorted that out.

We've had people here had problems but considering the size of the forum and the amount of othe ISP's moaned about TT is doing fine.

Judging from your posts you and your mates are jinxed with a lot of things.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My journey with talktalk was not the best - Lost order etc. Yet when they came to sorting out the mess with BT DLM they were straight onto it.
    As an apology they applied 3 months free line rental and package. They did not have to,

Fair point not a fan of him myself - Probably I am jealous of how wealthy he is haha!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty much all my family and friends use TT, none have had major issues, one got double billed via direct debit one month but one phone call sorted that out.

so you keep saying.
    We've had people here had problems but considering the size of the forum and the amount of othe ISP's moaned about TT is doing fine.

Or people just think what they get is normal. Take my next door neighbour for instance, they are with Bt broadband and I was chatting with him this afternoon as i went out to go to town, he was doing some work on his van. anyway, we started chatting about broadband and fibre and he gets about 1.5 megabits and thought that was about right where we are. He was surprised that I get around 4megabits.

Someone down the road i chat to now and again have TT and yet gets less than me.
    Judging from your posts you and your mates are jinxed with a lot of things.

I am not jinxed, my broadband is rock solid, i had one problem with it since I been using the service and that was because of a major outage, lasted a few hours that was all.

My mates are not jinxed, the ones who do get away from TT seems to have a better service. I do have a mate who is with MAD AS A FISH and been having problems for months, but do very little apart from keep complaining to Plusnet as they own MAAF now. He keeps saying about changing ISP, but have not done it yet.

I know other people who are on other ISPs and have no problem.

It was a work mate that put me onto the cable and wireless network, and showed me how good it is, ok he is with a different reseller than me, but still the same network.

But it was users of think broadband forum that really got me to change over from Bt, I am glad did.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My journey with talktalk was not the best - Lost order etc. Yet when they came to sorting out the mess with BT DLM they were straight onto it.
    As an apology they applied 3 months free line rental and package. They did not have to,

They did not have to, but it is called customer service, something that most of the time TT knows nothing about. I expect they thought it would be better to give you a few three months than lose you as a customer.
    Fair point not a fan of him myself - Probably I am jealous of how wealthy he is haha!

It is his company Car phone Warehouse that started me off, with their lack of staff training. then see Tt in the early days and problems was having and their customer service, really made up my mind that they are a waste of space of a company.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'll go to TT once FTTC is near you noise, got to be better than what you have now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'll go to TT once FTTC is near you noise, got to be better than what you have now.

It will not happen, never will I go to Talk Talk. If i went for fibre then I would have a look at sky. But Talk Talk, never.

What do you mean by better anyway? Speed is not always better, I can do what I want to do on what I got.

A bit more speed would be nice as I have said before, but I I have no need for 40 megabits,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4mb/s or 40/80mb/s its obvious you need FTTC, I get 6mb/s off a free wifi network when I'm in Gran Canaria (back out on the 17th :) )
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4mb/s or 40/80mb/s its obvious you need FTTC, I get 6mb/s off a free wifi network when I'm in Gran Canaria (back out on the 17th :) )

good for you.

i don't need 40megabits, 5-6 would be fine, but since i can't get that because of where I live, I will have to put up with my 4.
  • jackthomjackthom Posts: 6,627
    Forum Member
    good for you.

i don't need 40megabits, 5-6 would be fine, but since i can't get that because of where I live, I will have to put up with my 4.

TBH when I was stuck with 4Mb via Orange I was perfectly happy and stayed with them for over 6 years.
    It was only when they were suddenly forced by BT to ramp up their prices that I switched to O2 LLU which for the last 4 years has given me a 12Mb connection.

I like the sound of 60Mbit FTTC, which the BT checker is promising me, but frankly can't get excited enough to change over to a service that just might be considerably more throttled/managed than my legacy O2 account.
  • user123456789user123456789 Posts: 16,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackthom wrote: »
    TBH when I was stuck with 4Mb via Orange I was perfectly happy and stayed with them for over 6 years.
    It was only when they were suddenly forced by BT to ramp up their prices that I switched to O2 LLU which for the last 4 years has given me a 12Mb connection.

I like the sound of 60Mbit FTTC, which the BT checker is promising me, but frankly can't get excited enough to change over to a service that just might be considerably more throttled/managed than my legacy O2 account.

The only thing throttled on BT Infinity2 is P2P and that is easy to get around :)

My BitTorrent downloads bypass the BT throttle by just changing a setting in my software :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anniebrion wrote: »
    The only thing throttled on BT Infinity2 is P2P and that is easy to get around :)

My BitTorrent downloads bypass the BT throttle by just changing a setting in my software :D

Share your secrets.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Its only P2P that is throttled during peak hours. Nothing else is throttled at all, even newsgroups! :D
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,515
    Forum Member
    Its only P2P that is throttled during peak hours. Nothing else is throttled at all, even newsgroups! :D
    Well let's hope they don't catch on then! :eek: :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What I am using now works, I know it works and knowing my luck I change over to a different network and it will go belly up.

i am not saying i will never go for FTTC, but I am not going to rush for it when/if it comes here.

I agree with you about the throttling, I get known what so ever where I am, when I was with BT, they throttled everything i did, I could not even watch anything on Iplayer.
    so why would i want to pay for a service that throttles eveything?

Bt had their chance twice and blew that chance twice, never going back with Bt if I can help it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sure, different to my experience with BT. they throttled everything they could.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sure, different to my experience with BT. they throttled everything they could.

I've been with BT for 6 years now. I got 5.5Mbps down when i was on 8meg max, and i used torrents all the time. So that doens't sounds throttled to me.

Now i get 76 in practice, but dont use torrents any more.

When were you on BT when they throttled everything? I've never had that. I got warnings about my usage, but they never throttled.

Are you sure it wasn't just your line quality etc?