✭✭✭
    Hey all. How're you?

Not too bad yourself?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, in the south of Tenerife.

If it makes you feel better I'm not the strongest swimmer either, but you don't need to be able to swim to dive. I dunno what happened to me, the water was a little rough and I had a hard time with the regulator...

Oh congrats on the new job :D!

Moving out can be expensive, but you have a sensible head most of the time, you'll be fine:).

Didn't think you could get any blonder :p. Just caught sight of myself in the mirror, I'm definitely orange in places!

I think being thrown in the deep end, literally, would force me to swim. I'm just a jessie in the water, like I'd try swimming in the shallow end and the minute my nose or mouth went underwater I'd freak and get out!

I just wish I could work out my expenses beforehand, I've calculated them on a worst case scenario so far E.G most expensive anything could be. I just can't wait to get a place, tart it up and call it home, a new start :)

I didn't know the sun could actually bleach your hair, are you going to live with your ginger nut? :p
    Hey all. How're you?

Hello Hershal, I'm pretty damn good, how are you? :)
  • Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think being thrown in the deep end, literally, would force me to swim. I'm just a jessie in the water, like I'd try swimming in the shallow end and the minute my nose or mouth went underwater I'd freak and get out!

That's exactly me, I hate being underwater or getting water in my eyes, nose or mouth.

I have no problems with heights or stuff, or like driving round Welsh mountains in a seven seater, but going under water even in a shallow pool, nope...
    I just wish I could work out my expenses beforehand, I've calculated them on a worst case scenario so far E.G most expensive anything could be. I just can't wait to get a place, tart it up and call it home, a new start :)

The first shop is expensive, you know when you have to get plates and stuff, then food shopping.

I wouldn't bother going anywhere fancy though, when I went to Woolwich, I just got stuff from like Argos and so on...

My mum also gave me loads of stuff:).
    I didn't know the sun could actually bleach your hair, are you going to live with your ginger nut? :p

Haha, I have no choice, I'm in the sun a lot!

I'm getting used to it I guess..
  • Options
    Hershal_GreeneHershal_Greene Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not too bad yourself?

Hello Hershal, I'm pretty damn good, how are you? :)

Hey you two. I'm great thanks. What a warm welcome! I should be in my bed!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey you two. I'm great thanks. What a warm welcome! I should be in my bed!

Yeah you should be, but if it makes you feel better I only went to sleep an hour before you!
  • Options
    Hershal_GreeneHershal_Greene Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah you should be, but if it makes you feel better I only went to sleep an hour before you!

Haha that is what I feel if I see a work mate up at the same time as me haha!
  • Options
    soniaorlastormsoniaorlastorm Posts: 6,350
    Forum Member
    what do you think of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYmg3lrX374

I think yes so do I.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to give being a girl for a night, maybe have a girl and a guy, see what the comparison is like :blush:

So its my first week in the new job, and I hadan interview today for a similar job down the road, it fits in better with my college schedule and my pay would go up an amazing 2p to £6.77 p/h. I think I did well in the interview today so here's hoping.

Also got my college loan plan for the year, and I can't wait, everything's been so going so swell lately, I've not been this happy in a long time :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How'd your interview go Jack?

I went pink again, as I'm sure you saw on Facebook, it's a lot brighter this time :D!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How'd your interview go Jack?

I went pink again, as I'm sure you saw on Facebook, it's a lot brighter this time :D!

I didn't get it unfortunately, however things all came to a head last Thursday/Friday and I've more or less been offered part time, and I'm actually the first person working in our department to get part time. I feel quite blessed, but now I feel like there's a pressure for me to be shit hot at the job otherwise they've wasted their time bending over backwards for me.

But still I'm starting to believe in everything happening for a reason, 2015 so far seems to have been piecing together nicely for me thus far :)

Maybe my eyes deceived me but your hair looked more red to me, maybe it was just bad lighting, at most it looked a dark pink :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't get it unfortunately, however things all came to a head last Thursday/Friday and I've more or less been offered part time, and I'm actually the first person working in our department to get part time. I feel quite blessed, but now I feel like there's a pressure for me to be shit hot at the job otherwise they've wasted their time bending over backwards for me.

But still I'm starting to believe in everything happening for a reason, 2015 so far seems to have been piecing together nicely for me thus far :)

Maybe my eyes deceived me but your hair looked more red to me, maybe it was just bad lighting, at most it looked a dark pink :p

Must be the light, it's definitely quite bright, I only got it done on Saturday, it definitely was a bit reddish before.

Well at least you got the part-time role, congrats. How's the move going by the way?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must be the light, it's definitely quite bright, I only got it done on Saturday, it definitely was a bit reddish before.

Well at least you got the part-time role, congrats. How's the move going by the way?

Its not happening just yet, I can pretty much set the wheels in motion when I want, at the moment I'm not high priority but once I "become" one then it'll be forthcoming.

I just want to make sure I'm not so shit at my job that they keep me on before I rush into anything :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not happening just yet, I can pretty much set the wheels in motion when I want, at the moment I'm not high priority but once I "become" one then it'll be forthcoming.

I just want to make sure I'm not so shit at my job that they keep me on before I rush into anything :blush:

Don't be embarrassed, that's quite sensible actually.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't be embarrassed, that's quite sensible actually.

Definitely, as much as I want it all now, it could all go tits up if I was let go, I'd have to give up the place which would cause a whole load of stress, anger and upset which would be detrimental to college. I mean its going to be stressful enough working whilst doing 2500 word essays on the side on a regular basis :cry::p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely, as much as I want it all now, it could all go tits up if I was let go, I'd have to give up the place which would cause a whole load of stress, anger and upset which would be detrimental to college. I mean its going to be stressful enough working whilst doing 2500 word essays on the side on a regular basis :cry::p

You'll be fine.

You know when I was at uni, I always did my coursework 3 hours before the deadline. Obviously, I did my research earlier, but then didn't do any actual work till 3 hours before, I always worked better with the pressure.

I never revised for exams either, if I couldn't remember stuff, then I deserved to fail.

Dunno why but it just worked for me, I used to naps during exams too.

I found it focused me more.

My course mates were always pissed because they all stressed and stuff, and I was always so chilled out.

But yeah, as long as you plan things, you'll be fine.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,666
    Forum Member
    Long time no speak.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sjc2007 wrote: »
    Long time no speak.

Very long time you! How are you? :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I've patched my new job. Its only been three weeks, and only this week alone we went live on the phones, however I only got started properly on Tuesday because of system errors which meant I couldn't access anything, and yesterday my manager was saying I needed to pass 4 calls before Friday or I was more or less being let go, so I haven't went in today. Who needs that kind of stress, especially since they listen to your calls and review you every month. I was shocked to discover that after you have calls, callers can rate you out of 10. Anything between 0-6 counts as -100% or a fail on your name, a 7/8 is a 0% neutral, and 9/10 is a pass 100%.

But that's hardly fair since customers aren't made aware of how it works, so you could give someone a 5 thinking it was average when in reality that person could get the sack after so many 5's.

Plan of moving into my own place will have to wait a while longer now, but I'd rather enjoy college and what's left of being young, and let's face it, it was only a f*cking call center! :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Being young is a short term thing live to learn now .Earn to live later .The trick is sussing out when your not young anymore and having the strength to grow up an just accept the shit work throws at you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being young is a short term thing live to learn now .Earn to live later .The trick is sussing out when your not young anymore and having the strength to grow up an just accept the shit work throws at you.

That's a good way of looking at it. When aren't you young though? :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's a good way of looking at it. When aren't you young though? :p

when you start making an "oofft" noise when you try to stand up after being sat on a chair for over 30 mins or a hangover that used to last 3 hours lasts a week believe me you`ll know it when it happens.
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love the response that the teammates of David Denson (1B/OF Helena Brewers) gave when he came out...
    "They said, 'You're still our teammate. You're still our brother.'" -David Denson, 1st gay active pro baseball player
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keegan Hirst got a similar response too:).
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had forgotten all about this thread. :o Hope you are all well. :)
    I am still looking for employment. Doing a month's mandatory work activity in the woods at the mo'. :o