Options

"3" Sim in a Standard Phone?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 188
Forum Member
hello everyone... im new to this forum so please don't bite my head off for asking such a silly question but... can you use a 3 sim in a standard phone? Obviously video features won't work but all I want is talk&text.

also... is 3 reception as bad as ppl say it is? (im in birmingham, where my t-mobile reception isn't exactly fantastic anyway... although my other orange is superb!).

any advice much apprechiated
Riad

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You used to be able to do this with the older USIMs but newer ones won't let you put them in a 2(.5)G phone. When I tried with my Nokia 6800, I just got the error "SIM Card Rejected". If by chance you can, you might get caught by 3 and if you do, they'll probably send you a new USIM that definately won't work in a 2(.5)G phone.

3 reception IMO isn't bad. This could be because I can see the nearest 3 tower out of a window ;) When you're out of the 3 video service area the phone roams onto O2 with no extra charge to you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    hi, I'm in Birmingham and been on T-mobile for 2 year and yes my reception is c**p,just cancelled it and gone to orange, great reception.
    A friend of mine is on 3, hes got 4 phones on contract with them and raves about them, he came over to me last week and I tried his phone as good as orange where I live, pity I didn't know before i changed to orange.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    tony280 wrote:
    hi, I'm in Birmingham and been on T-mobile for 2 year and yes my reception is c**p

ironic since when entering birmingham on the m6 motorway (just before the b'ham central exit) there's a HUUUUUGE illuminated T-Mobile poster on the side of a building that says, "T-Mobile... Relax, We've Got Birmingham Covered" ...

yeah right! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    BexTechBexTech Posts: 12,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it depends where you are, I know there are a few areas with T-Mobile where the reception drops to nothing or unusable, but I also know areas in Birmingham where there is no Orange and Vodafone coverage, haven't yet tested O2 all over Birmingham.

Also 3 have had some serious problems in Birmingham.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Riad wrote:
    ironic since when entering birmingham on the m6 motorway (just before the b'ham central exit) there's a HUUUUUGE illuminated T-Mobile poster on the side of a building that says, "T-Mobile... Relax, We've Got Birmingham Covered" ...

yeah right! :rolleyes:

I saw that too :D

I was just about to say about that, you beat me to it :)