Options

Who are you following on Twitter?

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shaggy_x wrote: »
    facebook is utter crap. I only use it to play Farmville. Mind you, I predict Twitter is losing its appeal as well. I use Twitter to generally follow newsfeeds from various sites, not to follow celebreties and who had what for lunch.

Big profile 'twits' like Mylee Cyrus and Rickie Gervais have publicly ditched twitter saying its a waste of time. Others will soon follow.

I don't think it is losing its popularity, certainly not with me anyhow :o:D I love it on there.

Gervais never wanted to join.. as for Miley Cyrus, she was beyond tedious. I don't join for the celebrities, I join to have fun and enjoy conversations & make nice friends :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shaggy_x wrote: »
    facebook is utter crap. I only use it to play Farmville. Mind you, I predict Twitter is losing its appeal as well. I use Twitter to generally follow newsfeeds from various sites, not to follow celebreties and who had what for lunch.

Big profile 'twits' like Mylee Cyrus and Rickie Gervais have publicly ditched twitter saying its a waste of time. Others will soon follow.

Why would anyone take any notice of what those 'twits' think? :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a question about twitter. Is there a way I can find tweets that are specifically directed at me? Sometimes I might be unable to get online for like a whole day, and as I'm following quite a few people now, it's going to take me forever to go through all the pages of tweets to see if anyone has tweeted at me. I don't want anyone to think I'm being rude ignoring their messages :eek: :o I've only been on twitter a couple of weeks so I apologise if I'm missing something obvious!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a question about twitter. Is there a way I can find tweets that are specifically directed at me? Sometimes I might be unable to get online for like a whole day, and as I'm following quite a few people now, it's going to take me forever to go through all the pages of tweets to see if anyone has tweeted at me. I don't want anyone to think I'm being rude ignoring their messages :eek: :o I've only been on twitter a couple of weeks so I apologise if I'm missing something obvious!

I advise you to dl Tweetdeck - that will display 3 columns - 1 for every tweet you follow - 1 for replies to you directly and 1 for direct messages (private tweets).

This tool ensures you don't miss out. There are other alternatives, but Tweetdeck is one I use.

here is link to choose and download http://twitter.com/downloads

The applications enhance twitter even more.

and no you cannot follow Welshracer on twitter - go away - shoo, shoo...........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RacerWelsh wrote: »
    I advise you to dl Tweetdeck - that will display 3 columns - 1 for every tweet you follow - 1 for replies to you directly and 1 for direct messages (private tweets).

This tool ensures you don't miss out. There are other alternatives, but Tweetdeck is one I use.

here is link to choose and download http://twitter.com/downloads

The applications enhance twitter even more.

and no you cannot follow Welshracer on twitter - go away - shoo, shoo...........

Ah thank you for that! :)

Oh and it's too late...I've found you muhahahaha! :p:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Down the right-hand side there's a link saying @(your twitter name). Click on that and all the tweets directed to you are there
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucky_Star wrote: »
    Down the right-hand side there's a link saying @(your twitter name). Click on that and all the tweets directed to you are there

OMG now I really do feel stupid! :o

Thank you so much, that's made things a lot easier :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG now I really do feel stupid! :o

Thank you so much, that's made things a lot easier :)

You're welcome, and don't worry :) You'll get used to it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there are some great twitter desktop stuff. Seesmic for windows is my favourite. Better than tweetdeck imo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    I've only got one follower :(

Please add me http://twitter.com/Janetweiss01
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucky_Star wrote: »
    You're welcome, and don't worry :) You'll get used to it
    I'm getting there ;):D
    Lifesaver wrote: »

Following you now :)
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,925
    Forum Member

Aww I'm following you too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww I'm following you too.

So am i!! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Following :) You've got 12 now
    I'm @LuckyStarLaura
  • Options
    Nicky_Byrne_FanNicky_Byrne_Fan Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh, i know alot of you may not watch the programme or be fans, but anyone who wants to, follow us at:

http://twitter.com/MikeyGraham_FTW

We're set up to support Boyzone member Mikey Graham during his time on Dancing On Ice :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Thanks everyone that's following me, don't feel like Billy No Mates anymore. :)

No-one I know uses Twitter!
  • Options
    j24j24 Posts: 3,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't get on Twitter now. It's been saying 'over capacity' for the past hour :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, it is down :(
  • Options
    dontyougetitdontyougetit Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    j24 wrote: »
    I can't get on Twitter now. It's been saying 'over capacity' for the past hour :(

me too :cry: i need my fix. wonder if its down or something major going on and were missing out :eek:
  • Options
    natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    j24 wrote: »

Iam glad its not just me then cos I have been having the same problem!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its because of the Haiti earthquake - the poor people...they've just had another earthquake registering 6 on the scale!! God...give them a break! Poor poor people.

Anyway this is me if u want to follow once its back up:
    www.twitter.com/littlemunchkin

Thoughts are with all the Haiti people.
  • Options
    ImOnlyWeeImOnlyWee Posts: 11,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same here..I might cry, need on Twitter..lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    natalie77 wrote: »
    Iam glad its not just me then cos I have been having the same problem!!

I tried to use Seesmic and that wouldn't work either :(
  • Options
    natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried to use Seesmic and that wouldn't work either :(

yeah I was hoping tweetdeck would be working but its not, its annoying cos I have no work to do at the moment so was relying on twitter to keep me occupied :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Munchkins, we wont get on. Its down because of the 2nd Haiti earthquake! Maybe later... :-)
This discussion has been closed.