Options

Talksport Chat (part 2)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A true professional? Well it's his job and he gets paid for it so what else were you expecting?

Shoddy amateurism on a large salary?
    A tongue-tied broadcaster unable to think and speak without prompting?
    A stilted performance?
    Surely not.. not from Moronic Irani?
    Did he read out loud?
    Did he speak into the microphone?
    Was he sober unlike his co-host?
    Was he a good interviewer?
    Does he have a good command of all the subjects covered in his programme?
    Does he have lucid and well formed opinions?
    Did he drive the show forward?
    Did he engage his audience?

Is he brilliant? Really? Really? Why do they invariably have a stand-in to lead the programme in the absence of Brazil?What do you mean by brilliant?
    Is he more brilliant than other radio hosts?

Seriously.. what is brilliant? What makes you say Irani is brilliant? How? Please explain, as I am missing it and 'brilliant' is no explanation at all..

Ronnie is brilliant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Billy244 wrote: »
    Damn you Mr Bola you've finally at last sussed me out, I LOVE ALAN AND RONNIE they're the best thing on radio.
    Thank you talkSPORT for providing us with a great show.

Well done Bily. You know it makes sense:cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Jammywammy wrote: »
    Ronnie is brilliant.

Thought as much.. you can't substantiate what you're saying.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Damn you Mr Bola you've finally at last sussed me out, I LOVE ALAN AND RONNIE they're the best thing on radio.
    Thank you talkSPORT for providing us with a great show.

Praise the Lord I've seen the light. Before I could see only devil Irani but now I see the error of my ways. Would people join me in the church of the latter day Ronnies and sing praise to possibly, no probably, no definately the very very best, most talented radio presenter in all of the whole world , ever , in history ,now and forever more. How could I have been so blind?
    And I need say nothing more about his tutor, mentor and life guru. His very own Caledonian Svengali. The good and great Lord Brazil. I promise you what a legend!
  • Options
    k-bolak-bola Posts: 4,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bruce67 wrote: »
    Praise the Lord I've seen the light. Before I could see only devil Irani but now I see the error of my ways. Would people join me in the church of the latter day Ronnies and sing praise to possibly, no probably, no definately the very very best, most talented radio presenter in all of the whole world , ever , in history ,now and forever more. How could I have been so blind?
    And I need say nothing more about his tutor, mentor and life guru. His very own Caledonian Svengali. The good and great Lord Brazil. I promise you what a legend!

Amen Bruce.
    Welcome to our circle.
    http://www.blackburn.anglican.org/images/Faith%20&%20Worship/JesusBaptism.jpg
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't let him get under your skin Sleeper it's the medication that's saying it not him, like K Bola the poor boy's condition has worsened and he doesn't know what he is saying any more.

Thanks Billy, ............I should have known better! he just pressed the wrong buttons for me last night.

;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought as much.. you can't substantiate what you're saying.

I don't need to mate.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    Maybe if he was in the studio he would have blagged off sick, but there is absolutely no way that Boozy Nuts will ever miss a freebie at the Cheltenham Festival, no matter how 'sick' he is.

I didn't listen this morning, but from the posts it's heartening to read that Brazil showed what a true pro he is.

Giving the one hundred percent effort, never say die attitude that he expects from all of todays professional sportsmen, despite his recent "health problems".

Only yesterday I questioned the possibility of him making the show this morning.

How wrong I was. He has shown that he is not the drink soaked, freebie grasping, bullying amateur boozo that I thought he was.

Keep up the standards at TalkSPORT Brazil. You have many challengers there like Cundy, Goldstein, Quinn, Irani, Mousse and Gough. But you're are still in a class of your own.

I'll carry on not listening for now but I'm sure the end can't be far away now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Jammywammy wrote: »
    I don't need to mate.

Of course you don't.

It's not as if this is a discussion thread.

Or that it would be that hard for you to answer a straightforward question or give examples when you apparently believe what you say.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course you don't.

It's not as if this is a discussion thread.

Or that it would be that hard for you to answer a straightforward question or give examples when you apparently believe what you say.

Ronnie always makes me laugh. That's a fact.
  • Options
    stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    Did anyone see Ian Collins on The Daily Politics show. He was a dead ringer for Mark Kermode on that show, especially with those glasses!
  • Options
    The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only talkSPORT listener in the world who doesn't hold a strong opinion about Ronnie Irani?

I don't think he's a great broadcaster but neither does he particularly annoy me, and I certainly don't think he's in any way a nasty or malicious character as some of you make him out to be.

I wouldn't miss him if he left the station tomorrow, as I think there are many better candidates to co-present the Sports Breakfast alongside Alan, but at the same time he doesn't put me off listening to the show - I want to listen to a sporting breakfast show at that time of day and regardless of its presenters I really like the show's format (by this I mean the mix of guests and regular features), which is enough for me.

I'm getting fed up with how nine out of ten posts on every recent page of this thread are about Ronnie (wind up merchants or not), surely there are better things about the station that can be written about, new avenues of discussion which haven't been done to death or repeated ad nauseum?

Basically what I'm trying to say is can we talk about something else now? :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only talkSPORT listener in the world who doesn't hold a strong opinion about Ronnie Irani?

I don't think he's a great broadcaster but neither does he particularly annoy me, and I certainly don't think he's in any way a nasty or malicious character as some of you make him out to be.

I wouldn't miss him if he left the station tomorrow, as I think there are many better candidates to co-present the Sports Breakfast alongside Alan, but at the same time he doesn't put me off listening to the show - I want to listen to a sporting breakfast show at that time of day and regardless of its presenters I really like the show's format (by this I mean the mix of guests and regular features), which is enough for me.

I'm getting fed up with how nine out of ten posts on every recent page of this thread are about Ronnie (wind up merchants or not), surely there are better things about the station that can be written about, new avenues of discussion which haven't been done to death or repeated ad nauseum?

Basically what I'm trying to say is can we talk about something else now? :p

Probs not, too many trolls & way too many feeders.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Of course not. Several million listeners who tune in daily speak volumes against 4 or 5 negative posters on this forum.

Luckily TalkSport doesn't listen or care about the tiny fraction of negative opinion on an internet forum.

So, say what you want, in the greater scheme it will not matter one bit.

Love him or hate him Ronnie Irani is part of the TalkSport family and a minority of opinions on this forum will never change that.

You can post 1 or 1000 posts but each time you turn on the radio at 5:55am on a weekday Ronnie will be there (Brazil is less certain:p)
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    k-bola wrote: »
    Of course not. Several million listeners who tune in daily speak

Looks llike maths ain't your strong point ..........Mr K ?

Were did you get the other 2.5 mil ?:confused::p
  • Options
    Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't go quite as far as saying you are the only talkSPORT listener in the world who doesn't hold a strong opinion about Ronnie Irani Difference but you surely must be in the rare breed section. Most people DO have an opinion about him and I think it's fair to say the vast majority of listeners who bother to air their views via the internet dislike him with a passion. There are some I will admit that actually do like him and think he's doing a good job but these people of course have lost all sensibility and responsiveness to human life as we know it and live in the land of ga ga. {sorry, I will try and keep it serious} I personally don't consider Ronnie a nasty person, he reacts at times when challenged but we all do that don't we. My grievance is that he is simply not up to hosting a national radio show, he's completely out of his depth and it comes across so clearly. For all his faults and there are many at least Brazil CAN carry it off and but for those faults he could be a very decent broadcaster, he's pretty slick, often funny and has played the game at the top, none of those attributes can be attached to Irani.
    Asking us to stop posting about Ronnie Irani when the thread is about talkSPORT Radio is an impossible request, just track through the previous posts and you can clearly see how him being at the station winds people up so much. They can't help it and like it or not it is sure to continue until the day Mr Irani is permanently removed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k-bola wrote: »
    Of course not. Several million listeners who tune in daily speak volumes against 4 or 5 negative posters on this forum. Luckily TalkSport doesn't listen or care about the tiny fraction of negative opinion on an internet forum. So, say what you want, in the greater scheme it will not matter one bit. Love him or hate him Ronnie Irani is part of the TalkSport family and a minority of opinions on this forum will never change that. You can post 1 or 1000 posts but each time you turn on the radio at 5:55am on a weekday Ronnie will be there (Brazil is less certain:p)

Can I nominate K Bola's message above as 'COMEDY POST OF THE WEEK'?, that's the best laugh I've had in ages thanks Mr Bola you are the guy. "minority of opinions on this forum"?, can you read man?, can you see what people are saying???.

Obviously not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing as it's 'Ronnie Night' I'd like to make a prediction here and now to counteract something K Bola has said about no matter how many posts we send in knocking Ronnie Irani he will still remain at talkSPORT. Ronnie Irani will keep his job at talkSPORT while ever Moz Dee is running the station but come the revolution, come the buy-out and takeover that WILL happen eventually Irani's derrière won't touch the floor as it exits the building.
  • Options
    wendy09wendy09 Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stripedcat wrote: »
    Did anyone see Ian Collins on The Daily Politics show. He was a dead ringer for Mark Kermode on that show, especially with those glasses!

cant stand the bnp closet supporter (well not so much in the closet)
  • Options
    wns_195wns_195 Posts: 13,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe people are still wingeing about the TalkSport breakfast show. I never listen to it and probably wouldn't no matter who was presenting it, but if you don't like it, why not just listen to something else? Some of the people in this thread have been moaning about the same thing for months. I can't believe in all that time they haven't found anything to replace Alan and Ronny that'll make them feel better.
  • Options
    ahoymeisterahoymeister Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wns_195 wrote: »
    I can't believe people are still wingeing about the TalkSport breakfast show. I never listen to it and probably wouldn't no matter who was presenting it, but if you don't like it, why not just listen to something else? Some of the people in this thread have been moaning about the same thing for months. I can't believe in all that time they haven't found anything to replace Alan and Ronny that'll make them feel better.

I think it's because it was a cracking show before Irani arrived. I don't think Irani's particularly nasty or malicious but he is an awful radio presenter. I've given up on the breakfast show apart from occasionally hearing the 7am journalist slot, where Irani either shuts up completely, is totally ignored or behaves like a moron.
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member

I happen to LIKE the breakfast show aside from Irani. If i like the show apart from 1 presenter why cant i have an opinion and why should i switch channels to a station that doesnt have Tommos Tips or a journo on from 7-7.30 reviewing the papers?

As it happens Irani has improved a bit in recent weeks simply by not speaking as much. Its a bit like saying Josef Fritzel has become a better dad since he was arrested though.
  • Options
    fudbeerfudbeer Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bottom line Brazil got rat arsed the day before and was not able to present the show so Ronnie did it for him hmmm don't think Ronnie is in the wrong here
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thank you WNS.
    Quite alot of people who cannot move on cannot get over the FACT that TalkSport is doing well with Ronnie Irani and will continue to do so for the forseeable future!

Yes Billy - the forseeable future.
    There is no revolution.
    Accept us, accept Irani
    Resistance is futile.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Probs not, too many trolls & way too many feeders.

OK, all you happen to say is that everyone who disagrees with you is a troll(whatever that actually means).

Maybe you could actually contribute something positive or negative to the wonderful debate on this thread instead of just chatting about trolling which is, by the way, a troll thing to do in itself.:rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.