Cher - overwhelmingly hated on this forum

Comments

• neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a pathetic OP!

If people don't like an act why on earth would it because of any threat to their favourite? To consider someone a threat, you have to rate them, which would mean rating Cher.

I don't have anything against Cher. I think that she probably has a good voice but the last performance I say was s***e. I have no reason to "hate" her. She hasn't started a stupid baiting thread on her afterall.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,648
    Forum Member
    I don't hate her, but she is not equipped to cope with this (even if she was talented enough, which I'm not at all sure she is). I have held back from saying this, because I know that some teenage girls just are naturally thin, but now I have to say that I strongly suspect that Cher is anorexic. She worries me and I think she needs help.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's like that Diana Vickers, you either love or hate her. I think like Diana she'll do well after the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    I'm just wondering WTF was up with Cheryl's favouritism. Normally she'd just sit there and be all 'carry on, carry on!' and then obviouly reject them. :/
  • masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    I hate Katie much much more.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    Oh I dislike both of them.

People like TreyC and Gamu, and even Keri are alledgedly being sacrificed for them two drama queens. :/
  • Release MeRelease Me Posts: 3,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have a problem with her, but of course I aren't female! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neelia wrote: »
    What a pathetic OP!

If people don't like an act why on earth would it because of any threat to their favourite? To consider someone a threat, you have to rate them, which would mean rating Cher.

I don't have anything against Cher. I think that she probably has a good voice but the last performance I say was s***e. I have no reason to "hate" her. She hasn't started a stupid baiting thread on her afterall.

Just maybe because Cher is one of the favourites with evidence coming from the social networking support and the bookies?

No, I think to consider someone a threat entails the threat being a favourite regardless if you personally rate them or not.

I purposefully chose the word “hating” instead of “disliking” because I know that this is the case on this forum, and this thread proves I was right in entitling it what I did.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Release Me wrote: »
    I don't have a problem with her, but of course I aren't female! ;)

Nor am I. I'm a straight male and can't stand her.
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm coming round to her (maybe because she's getting a lot of bad comments). When she sings she's not just being pretty or trying to be spectacular with her voice. She's pushing her performance; she pushes her voice into roughness and twists her face into grimaces. It's not pretty. She's an abrasive little bug*er and I like her for that. But she's very uneven. In some ways I think she's like a bit of electrical equipment with a wobbly connection. One minute it's working fine, but then something happens and it's all crackles and crap. No idea how different she really is but she is different to the average singer on the show.

She's a bit temperamental though.

Her breakdown seemed real, whereas Katie's was an act from beginning to end.
  • masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    I don't mind Cher. It's a given she's through and at least she's pretty and not overly smug and pampered.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    I don't think it's right to say you hate her...hate her singing yes ...but not her ......just ignore her if she irritates you
  • -Jade"-Jade" Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    Why is it always the case that if you don't like the most hyped up act, it's because 'they're a threat to your favourite' or 'you're jealous'?
    I liked Cher in her audition, but since then she's been poor, and the ridiculous over-hyping of her hasn't endeared her to me any further.
    I don't see her as a threat to my favourite, because I'm already fully aware that Nicolo hasn't a hope in hell of winning.
  • SadeyedSadeyed Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't hate the kid, why would I, I don't know her. But I did hate her initial performance. To see a 16 year old child doing the crotch grabbing gave me the creeps. I found it very uncomfortable bordering on repulsive.
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Jade" wrote: »
    Why is it always the case that if you don't like the most hyped up act, it's because 'they're a threat to your favourite' or 'you're jealous'?
    I liked Cher in her audition, but since then she's been poor, and the ridiculous over-hyping of her hasn't endeared her to me any further.
    I don't see her as a threat to my favourite, because I'm already fully aware that Nicolo hasn't a hope in hell of winning.

Hey, we don't know anything yet! Nicolo's an oddball charmer and adds a bit of intrigue in that no one seems sure whether he's being serious or not. I can't see the producers wanting to lose him early in the show (supposing he gets through to the lives...) :)

I think I just prefer to positively like the singers we like and leave the others (ahem, Storm) to the side of the plate. ;)
  • Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hated is good. Means she has more chance of becoming famous. hated and talked about, and of course liked by a lot, means more chance of winning.

I have no problem with her. I have liked her singing, in some parts, I heard something really good, and in some parts she just falls flat on her chair... :D I think she has what it takes but she is all over the place at the moment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    hated is good. Means she has more chance of becoming famous. hated and talked about, and of course liked by a lot, means more chance of winning.

I have no problem with her. I have liked her singing, in some parts, I heard something really good, and in some parts she just falls flat on her chair... :D I think she has what it takes but she is all over the place at the moment.

I think the pressure of being an internet sensation all over the world is getting to her :rolleyes:
  • -Jade"-Jade" Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    Hey, we don't know anything yet! Nicolo's an oddball charmer and adds a bit of intrigue in that no one seems sure whether he's being serious or not. I can't see the producers wanting to lose him early in the show (supposing he gets through to the lives...) :)

I think I just prefer to positively like the singers we like and leave the others (ahem, Storm) to the side of the plate. ;)

I'm always pessimistic with these things :p Two acts from the same category have never won two years in a row, and I think Nicolo will be very marmite anyway - I'm expecting him to go around week 5.
  • mistyellemistyelle Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    I don't hate her, but she is not equipped to cope with this (even if she was talented enough, which I'm not at all sure she is). I have held back from saying this, because I know that some teenage girls just are naturally thin, but now I have to say that I strongly suspect that Cher is anorexic. She worries me and I think she needs help.

i agree lulu her face looks haggered ang her voice loss could be down to chucking up... hope im wrong
  • LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's just a deluded adolescent who's being taken advantage of by the Cowell machine.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miah1976 wrote: »
    Can you imagine if she was in a sing-off? If she cracks like that at Judges Houses, no way will she be able for the pressures of live TV. She appears to be a very sheltered 16 year old, and I could actually see this show completely ruining her.

TBF, Throat problems are common with singers especially when they are under pressure. It is possible that she simply had a virus and continued to practice when she should have been resting. That could happen to anyone and anyone would be upset if they were trying to perform when they were ill. Sometimes this forum can be a very unforgiving place.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »

I hadn't considered that, though she may be susceptible to illness if she doesn't eat well. Oh dear, that's a shame if true.

However, as I said in my previous post, she may just have picked up an infection. I had to have a day of work on Monday due to a cold. I have to talk in my job and I wasn't able to work because my throat was too sore. It happens.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sadeyed wrote: »
    I don't hate the kid, why would I, I don't know her. But I did hate her initial performance. To see a 16 year old child doing the crotch grabbing gave me the creeps. I found it very uncomfortable bordering on repulsive.

Thank God I'm not the only one that found it repulsive. If my daughter acted like that I would have been so embarassed
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she just looks to constipated for my liking ......she needs sandwiches not votes
  • JaggedcatJaggedcat Posts: 3,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well jealousy is a release for unsuccessful people.