Meredith Killer 'Victim Of Planted Evidence'

JasonJason Posts: 76,557
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Meredith-Kercher-Murder-Ex-FBI-Detective-Says-Amanda-Knox-Was-Victim-Of-Planted-Evidence/Article/201009115712669?f=rss
Steve Moore, who spent 25 years with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, claimed the 23-year-old was the victim of corruption with evidence being planted.

But he insisted even the evidence presented at her trial was insufficient to prove Knox's guilt.

This pretty much backs up what i've thought about the case. I know you'll get the usual "well she was found guilty in a court of law so she did it" opinion, which is fair enough, but then miscarriages of justice do occur and I do think this is one.

Comments

• stirlingguy1stirlingguy1 Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    Foxy knoxy is delicious. I know I would...!
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So this FBI chap reckons not only was the evidence planted but it was insufficient to get a prosecution? You'd think if they were to plant evidence they'd plant something better.
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voynich wrote: »
    So this FBI chap reckons not only was the evidence planted but it was insufficient to get a prosecution? You'd think if they were to plant evidence they'd plant something better.

Lol. I was going to say the same thing.
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like how he's involved in the case...
    Mr Moore said he had become interested in the case after his wife watched news reports on the case continuously

I don't think he'll be first on the list of experts at any subsequent appeals some how. I think it's better left to proper lawyers and forensic experts directly involved instead of some ex-FBI man who watched it on the TV and is likely to get the Italian's backs up.
  • CrazyAliceCrazyAlice Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Meredith-Kercher-Murder-Ex-FBI-Detective-Says-Amanda-Knox-Was-Victim-Of-Planted-Evidence/Article/201009115712669?f=rss

This pretty much backs up what i've thought about the case. I know you'll get the usual "well she was found guilty in a court of law so she did it" opinion, which is fair enough, but then miscarriages of justice do occur and I do think this is one.

"Any evidence that points to her guilt must have been planted" is not a convincing argument.

Your post is embarrassing.
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As would I, but just to err on the side of caution I'd tie her down first.
  • Mrs de WinterMrs de Winter Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I personally think the woman she (and the two others) murdered was much more beautiful, but each to their own... :)
  • julie88julie88 Posts: 2,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Americans tend to think that Americans arrested and prosecuted in a foreign country must always be innocent and victim of a conspiracy...
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CrazyAlice wrote: »
    Your post is embarrassing.

Have you actually bothered to read anything regarding this case or have you just skimmed the headlines and formed an opinion on those ?

I can't speak for the FBI agent, but i'd wager he's got slightly more experience than you or I in cases such as this.
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    I watched a recent programme on the Investigation Channel about this case after first thinking they had little evidence to convict Knox and her boyfriend.

But after seeing the pictures from the murder scene and evidence such as the staged break in, the tampering with Meredith's clothes after death, the bloody footprints of Knox and boyfriend in the bathroom where a clean up had been attempted, the lying of Knox about her whereabouts, they finger pointing by Knox to blaming the innocent bar owner to try and get him convicted for the murder - I certainly thought my God how easy it is to get wrapped up in Knox's lies.

The prosecution say instead of this being a break in and sex attack - this was staged after Knox and bf stabbed her to death after an argument where Meredith argued with Knox about her bringing blokes back to the house all the time. Then they tried to clear up the mess after the murder, shut Meredith's door, cleaned up as best they could, staged a break in which went wrong because it was clear it had been made from the inside not the outside and here we are.

An innocent person wouldn't try to frame an innocent man. Why would you? Why would you lie? Why would you tamper with her clothes after death to make it look like a sex attack?

Only if you had something to hide. I guess we will never know the truth because Knox will lie as she wants to get away with murder. I hope the two of them never get out of prison. I doubt whether the third guy convicted did it either. He says he tried to save her so his DNA is all over the place.

The truth will never come out because of all the lies but Meredith deserves better.
  • TolstoyTolstoy Posts: 3,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An innocent person wouldn't try to frame an innocent man. Why would you? Why would you lie? Why would you tamper with her clothes after death to make it look like a sex attack?

Only if you had something to hide. I guess we will never know the truth because Knox will lie as she wants to get away with murder. I hope the two of them never get out of prison. I doubt whether the third guy convicted did it either. He says he tried to save her so his DNA is all over the place.

You think Rudy Guede is innocent despite his DNA being found at the murder scene and on the body of the victim? Despite his statement that he tried to "save" Meredith but then disappeared when she died? Despite the fact he fled the country after the murder? Despite the fact he opted for a "fast-track" trial which carries more leniency in sentencing? A strange opinion indeed.

I am unsure whether Knox or Sollecito are innocent or guilty despite having read two books on the case and seen a couple of documentaries and much of the online resources on the case. What I am sure of is that the Italian investigation was flawed and that of the three defendants, probably only Gude would have been convicted in a British court.
  • asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    some of her behaviour seems bizzare - it stuck with me the fact she was doing cartwheels outside the house when the investigators were inside etc.
  • Grim RitaGrim Rita Posts: 1,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amanda Knox the lying murderer and her braindead family have blamed everyone. The judge, the prosecutors, the police. Anything to avoid admitting they raised a sick killer. I personally think her family know full well she killed Meredith, they are as bad as she is.

Shame on anyone who supports this bitch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grim Rita wrote: »
    Amanda Knox the lying murderer and her braindead family have blamed everyone. The judge, the prosecutors, the police. Anything to avoid admitting they raised a sick killer. I personally think her family know full well she killed Meredith, they are as bad as she is.

Shame on anyone who supports this bitch.

I admire the way you haven't jumped to conclusions or made snap judgements...
  • bollywoodbollywood Posts: 67,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched a recent programme on the Investigation Channel about this case after first thinking they had little evidence to convict Knox and her boyfriend.

But after seeing the pictures from the murder scene and evidence such as the staged break in, the tampering with Meredith's clothes after death, the bloody footprints of Knox and boyfriend in the bathroom where a clean up had been attempted, the lying of Knox about her whereabouts, they finger pointing by Knox to blaming the innocent bar owner to try and get him convicted for the murder - I certainly thought my God how easy it is to get wrapped up in Knox's lies.

The prosecution say instead of this being a break in and sex attack - this was staged after Knox and bf stabbed her to death after an argument where Meredith argued with Knox about her bringing blokes back to the house all the time. Then they tried to clear up the mess after the murder, shut Meredith's door, cleaned up as best they could, staged a break in which went wrong because it was clear it had been made from the inside not the outside and here we are.

The truth will never come out because of all the lies but Meredith deserves better.

Just a couple of points. The footprints in the bathroom were likely not the boyfriend's. The prosecution did not claim anyone tried to stage a sex attack; they claimed Knox took part in a sex attack (something that was never clearly substantiated with evidence I am aware of).
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tolstoy wrote: »
    You think Rudy Guede is innocent despite his DNA being found at the murder scene and on the body of the victim? Despite his statement that he tried to "save" Meredith but then disappeared when she died? Despite the fact he fled the country after the murder? Despite the fact he opted for a "fast-track" trial which carries more leniency in sentencing? A strange opinion indeed.

I am unsure whether Knox or Sollecito are innocent or guilty despite having read two books on the case and seen a couple of documentaries and much of the online resources on the case. What I am sure of is that the Italian investigation was flawed and that of the three defendants, probably only Gude would have been convicted in a British court.

I think they mean't the bar owner was who she tried to frame - but he had an alibi. Not the bloke who was convicted of her murder.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    I admire the way you haven't jumped to conclusions or made snap judgements...

I wouldn't really call that jumping to conclusions- let's be honest here, they have blamed everyone else apart from their daughter. Obviously they're never going to be able to accept the possibility that their daughter was involved, but the way they've conducted themselves hasn't been great.
  • Achtung!Achtung! Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    asp746 wrote: »
    some of her behaviour seems bizzare - it stuck with me the fact she was doing cartwheels outside the house when the investigators were inside etc.

Acrobatics are a widely recognised method of stress relief.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stvn758 wrote: »
    I think they mean't the bar owner was who she tried to frame - but he had an alibi. Not the bloke who was convicted of her murder.

That post specifically mentioned the other guy who was "convicted."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't really call that jumping to conclusions- let's be honest here, they have blamed everyone else apart from their daughter. Obviously they're never going to be able to accept the possibility that their daughter was involved, but the way they've conducted themselves hasn't been great.

Really? Knox is a "lying murderer" and "sick killer" and her family know "full well" she did it and anyone whom supports Knox should be ashamed. That's not my idea of circumspection.
  • ChristaChrista Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree.

Have you read "The Monster of Florence" by Douglas Preston? It's about an earlier famous case of Mignini's - he's completely bonkers.

Jason - you'd be interested in it too.
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This. End of.

Terrific post :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    julie88 wrote: »
    Americans tend to think that Americans arrested and prosecuted in a foreign country must always be innocent and victim of a conspiracy...

Americans criticize their own justice system. It is not only about a 'foreign country.'
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously Berlusconi did it and then planted evidence. We all know what he is like.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    silentNate wrote: »
    This. End of.

Terrific post :)

End of? Only if you overlook the factual errors in the post.