Options

Comag/Silvercrest SL65 Tuning Issues 19.2

keicarkeicar Posts: 2,082
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Have acquired a Silvercrest SL65 (mains version circa 2007), which I intend to use for Astra 19.2, as has been pointed out in other threads the box locks up on one transponder on a scan of 19.2 (11758 I believe)

So needing to tune a transponder at a time, the problem I am having is that if I enter a transponder frequency manually, the box will tune the channels OK but when entering the next transponder it seems to lock out the previous channels, with just a blank screen appearing when recalling a previously tuned channel.

In essence I can get all the channels I want, but only if I tune a transponder at at time. I'm getting 93% intensity and 75% quality.

Any ideas chaps??

Comments

• Options
    keicarkeicar Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Further to my last and after playing with the box a bit more, it seems that when entering the transponder 12226H (Eurosport), it then wipes out the channels on 11538 (Euronews etc), and vice versa, ie its not possible to have both channels as one erases the other???

After tuning 12226 and then 11538 and going back to where Eurosport was listed it still states its Eurosport but that the frequency is now 11538?

Will the new firmware cure this or is it me? I also note that my SL65/12 does the same thing, could it be down to the fact that I'm using a 2nd LNB on a 42cm Sky dish and the weaker signal is causing the problem? It just seems odd that I can get all the channels but not all at the same time!

Anyone know the answer?
  • Options
    jw75jw75 Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    Think you might be using the transponder "Edit" function to change parameters of an existing table entry. Look for an alternative command to "Add" or "Create" a transponder.

As for the locking up, you could try changing the parameters of the suspect transponder in accordance with a current list e.g. http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-19.2E.php ("Collapse all frequencies" button makes it easier to read.) There's nothing FTA on 11758H, so you might as well delete it. There's not a lot on 11778V either, if that's the problem.
  • Options
    ZenithZenith Posts: 3,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As jw75 pointed out, it looks like you are changing the transponder frequency of an existing TP number, rather than adding another one.

On my SL65/12, I simply deleted the offending transponder, 11778V, from the list, then did a Preset scan (not Auto scan). There are some TP's missing from the factory default list (about 8 from memory). I added these by looking at KOS list on their website.
  • Options
    dids858dids858 Posts: 3,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Winston_1 wrote: »
    The transponder that crashes the box is 11778. There is a software update to fix it. Phone 01493 667750 and speak to James and he will e-mail you the required software update. You will need a serial port on your computer (or a USB-serial adapter) and a null modem cable.

Not sure why it locks out prievous channels, never had that.

Any chance you could post the email address?
  • Options
    3532135321 Posts: 714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Winston_1 wrote: »
    The transponder that crashes the box is 11778.

Tried out one of these receivers just yesterday on 19.2.

The transponder at 11778 MHz is still causing it to crash. Deleted that.
    Then discovered that the 12663 MHz transponder also caused it to crash. Had to delete that also.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    35321 wrote: »

Then discovered that the 12663 MHz transponder also caused it to crash. Had to delete that also.

Pleased you mention this, before I get one to update my old SL35
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    35321 wrote: »

I also noticed a few weeks ago that 12663H is now also causing problems, slightly different to 11778V. It causes my SL65/12 box to freeze, & I have to disconnect & reconnect the PSU.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read in the "FTA gems" thread that Cartoon Network, Boomerang & TCM are currently FTA on 11778V with English audio. I think it's about time I got a new FTA box.