Bananarama

2»

Comments

• NickKamenNickKamen Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Keren, Sara and Siobhan will always be Bananarama. Siobhan is really pretty in the Robert De Niro's Waiting video, it's such a shame she left the way she did. Even though i love some of the songs they did with Jacqui, I Just find her a little ghoulish haha.

It's odd that for the most successful girl band in terms of chart entries, they've only ever had 1 top ten studio album in the UK? Excluding their greatest hits that sold nearly 1 million copies. Did any of their album go platinum? As i know Deep Sea Skiving got to number 7 and only was certified silver?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    NickKamen wrote: »

It's odd that for the most successful girl band in terms of chart entries, they've only ever had 1 top ten studio album in the UK? Excluding their greatest hits that sold nearly 1 million copies. Did any of their album go platinum? As i know Deep Sea Skiving got to number 7 and only was certified silver?
    I was surprised to find most there albums had really low chart placings as nearly all the albums have a hit single or 2. i wonder what the sales are like in the UK ?
  • jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Venus and I Heard A Rumour.

Only band come close to them (for attitude) were Sugababes.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glow88 wrote: »
    My favourite guilty pleasure ! I love all the classic hits. My favourite lesser known single is A Trick Of The Night. I wonder when there gonna quit they seem to be indestructible !

This was one of my top 3 Bananarama singles.:cool: The others were Shy Boy and Na Na....., but Cruel Summer was not far behind.
    Achtung wrote: »
    I like the early Bananarama and I agree, Cruel Summer is a fab song. I don't really like their hi-nrg Stock Aiken Waterman stuff as it sounds too synthetic, their earlier stuff had more of a soulbeat to it. Their more recent stuff sounds crap to be honest, from what I've heard.

I also preferred Bananarama before SAW. They could have been the Saturdays of the 80s, as in 1983 they all had birhdays on Saturdays! (Keren on April 2nd, Siobhan on September 10th and Sarah on December 17th).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spiderpig wrote: »
    Hey! As soon as I get my walking frame fixed and oiled I am gona git you and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Let me explain, I used the word "Gentle" as a compliment in that the girls sing their songs in a very straight forward manner. If you could remove all the backing sounds to their songs and just heard the girls singing you would have still a perfect sound that for me could stand alone. That is why when performing live they did not have to add too much to re-create the studio sound heard on an album. If you have a perfect thing then the backing does not improve it as you already have perfefection. I forgive you and will not be zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz