Options

Hype over Sophie EB?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm a huge Brendan Cole fan, so totally rooting for him and Sophie, but was it just me or did anyone else feel a bit disappointed after seeing her in the group routine? She reminded me a bit like Victoria Pendleton last year, a bit sloppy maybe? I know they've not even started training yet but I hope she proves me wrong.

Comments

• Options
    VirgilHiltsVirgilHilts Posts: 2,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Becky245 wrote: »
    I'm a huge Brendan Cole fan, so totally rooting for him and Sophie, but was it just me or did anyone else feel a bit disappointed after seeing her in the group routine? She reminded me a bit like Victoria Pendleton last year, a bit sloppy maybe? I know they've not even started training yet but I hope she proves me wrong.
    I'd like her and Brendan to do well but at first glance she strikes me as a little bit too poised to be a total success. No doubt she'll look sensational in the ballroom stuff but I reckon she'll struggle with the Latin.
  • Options
    SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No, actually, I think she's one of the better female celebs. Rachel is worse than Sophie.
  • Options
    Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think she danced better than Rachel in the group dance :)
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, actually, I think she's one of the better female celebs. Rachel is worse than Sophie.

Far too much hype over Rachel, who nobody has ever seen dance except those who have seen her at her wedding reception! Because she's *allegedly* hot?? That doesn't make her a good dancer, same as Ashley. Who I have never seen dance either.

Rachel is OK but just a contestant, get a grip!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Far too much hype over Rachel, who nobody has ever seen dance except those who have seen her at her wedding reception! Because she's *allegedly* hot?? That doesn't make her a good dancer, same as Ashley. Who I have never seen dance either.

Rachel is OK but just a contestant, get a grip!!!

The group dance showed up Rachel a bit. She looks like she needs a LOT of work to look decent.

Whereas Ashley is a dimond in the rough. He can get really good if Ola doesn't choreograph pivots and pivots and pivots and concentrate on teaching him basics and correct his flat-footed-ness he might be in for the chance to get to the finals.
  • Options
    coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Sophie has a large following in any event, and she seems quite a grounded individual.
    She is elegant and I think will do well in ballroom, Brendan just has to get her hips moving.
    Rachel may just have been nervous but she seems very un cordinated
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As much as I liked Sophie as a singer, I remember her as being quite stiff and all over the place in her dancing, though I hope im wrong.
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    coppertop1 wrote: »
    I think Sophie has a large following in any event, and she seems quite a grounded individual.
    She is elegant and I think will do well in ballroom, Brendan just has to get her hips moving.
    Rachel may just have been nervous but she seems very un cordinated

I think you are right, I also believe that Sophie does have a large following.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WLB wrote: »
    As much as I liked Sophie as a singer, I remember her as being quite stiff and all over the place in her dancing, though I hope im wrong.

What, the murder on the dancefloor video you mean?:confused:
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    SEB could win this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see Sophie and Brendan waltz to What the World Needs Now Is Love. It would be perfect.

I agree that the faster dances will be more of a challenge for her with her long limbs and everything. She will need to keep it tight and free flowing at the same time and that will be a challenge. Excited to see this series kick off and I will be rooting for Sophie. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What, the murder on the dancefloor video you mean?:confused:

No, just when ever she was on telly or doing a live performance, she just always seemed to be quite stiff in the way she moved and performed. It Just makes me think she will do well in hold, doing ballroom, but will fall apart in Latin. As I said, I really hope im wrong, as I would like to see her go far.
  • Options
    Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    SEB could win this.

I would love her to :D
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Liam Gallagher said she has a face like a satellite dish it is clear to me he meant the wide little one for Sky and not my great big one picking up Hotbird & Astra right now. Now that would look just silly.
  • Options
    Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she looked a little stiff in the group dance but not terrible. I'm hoping she is good as i really like her personality.
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is hype the new smug? :confused:;)
  • Options
    Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Natalie Gumede has had more pre-show hype than Sophie and will prob carry the biggest weight of expectation before the live show starts (whether there is a fair basis or not for that). I'm sure Brendan will look after Sophie and do the best he can with her. And with her behaviour being more toned down over recent years, I doubt he'll get upset if she can't produce in equal measure to any hype that she comes into the show with (as we saw with Victoria last year when she wasn't at all what we thought she might be but he wasn't bothered with that finding). Hype amounts to nothing anyway if the reality falls flat on its face, and so it's prob just best to wait and then judge on the development rather than a small snippet (which of course I undertand why is done, and is what we all naturally do). Sophie seems willing to get down to it and and I don't think she'll be anymore disappointing than say a Michelle Williams on the dancefloor (and I hope I don't eat my words on that).
  • Options
    hannah_337hannah_337 Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like this pairing, and I think she could do well. I always think its unfair to judge how they dance on the group dance, because a lot depends on how you get on with your professional.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hannah_337 wrote: »
    I really like this pairing, and I think she could do well. I always think its unfair to judge how they dance on the group dance, because a lot depends on how you get on with your professional.

This.:)