Options

Console Advice please

Comments

• Options
    Jaden_RileyJaden_Riley Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    Sounds to me like you should just go for the cheapest, playing multiplats, no friends considerations, it just comes down to money? Simple :)

they are both £350
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    Here goes.....
    Gamecube, N64, 360, ps2,3 &4, xbox One, vita, 3ds and my g/f has an Alienware laptop.
    For your purposes I prefer ps4 over XBone but only because of the controller and I did notice a difference in CoD ghosts but to be fair that is ghe only one I have directly compared.

its funny

everyone used to prefer the xbox one controller but not people prefer ps4
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always preferred PS controllers due to them fitting my hands better.
  • Options
    MythicaMythica Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    Some of the kinekt stuff is pretty cool but a bit gimmicky and I don't use it anymore. Another thing to consider is the size of your telly. If it as a 50" screen like mine you will notice a difference in resolution. Not so on anything below a 32" screen. It would seem most games run at a slightly higher resolution on PS4, CoD, Watch Dogs off the top of my head.

What utter utter nonsense about the resolution. If you don't know what you're talking about please don't sit there and make it up to pretend you do know what you're talking about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mythica wrote: »
    What utter utter nonsense about the resolution. If you don't know what you're talking about please don't sit there and make it up to pretend you do know what you're talking about.

wow no need to be rude

and generally the ps4 has a better resolution
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they are both £350

I forgot about the Kinect less X1. Toss a coin :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-call-of-duty-ghosts-next-gen-face-off
    QUOTE=Mythica;73123018]What utter utter nonsense about the resolution. If you don't know what you're talking about please don't sit there and make it up to pretend you do know what you're talking about.[/QUOTE]

Eh? Even the Ghosts developers admitted it was at a lower resolution. There is absolutely no need to be quite so aggressive or rude!!

Edit to add Digital Foundry report.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I forgot about the Kinect less X1. Toss a coin :p

probably go ps4 because of the graphics
  • Options
    The Special OneThe Special One Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If youre just after those sort of games why not just get a PS3 or Xbox 360. You could pick those up relatively cheaply and wait a while for the dust to settle on the new gen and see which you prefer when the exclusives start to come out?
  • Options
    barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If youre just after those sort of games why not just get a PS3 or Xbox 360. You could pick those up relatively cheaply and wait a while for the dust to settle on the new gen and see which you prefer when the exclusives start to come out?

Nahh
    Thanks for the recommendation though
    I want,next gen!
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barcajaden wrote: »
    Nahh
    Thanks for the recommendation though
    I want,next gen!

you mean current gen????
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    probably go ps4 because of the graphics

Minecraft wont be your cup of tea then ??

:p
  • Options
    barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you mean current gen????

Haha yeahyeah
  • Options
    Gazza_Gazza_ Posts: 1,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have both consoles and I play mainly sports games on them.
    I prefer the xbox one as I prefer the controller,It's just so much more comfortable.
    I have the ps4 for mlb the show,Motogp 14(out next week) and looking forward to drive club later on this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gazza_ wrote: »
    I have both consoles and I play mainly sports games on them.
    I prefer the xbox one as I prefer the controller,It's just so much more comfortable.
    I have the ps4 for mlb the show,Motogp 14(out next week) and looking forward to drive club later on this year.

do you notice anything in terms of graphics
    it has been said that the ps4 has better graphics and is noticeable playing games such as fifa and cod
  • Options
    Gazza_Gazza_ Posts: 1,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    do you notice anything in terms of graphics
    it has been said that the ps4 has better graphics and is noticeable playing games such as fifa and cod

No difference in graphics that I noticed,both consoles are very similar.
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    its funny

everyone used to prefer the xbox one controller but not people prefer ps4

Well I certainly don't. Everything from the grip, face buttons, impulse triggers and sticks feel far better to me, not to mention battery life and the ability to play lag free wired via the charge cable. It's the natural evolution to the 360 controller and now the official Windows drivers are out I expect hardcore PC gamers to adopt it.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont hc pc gamers use mouse and keyboard ?
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I certainly don't. Everything from the grip, face buttons, impulse triggers and sticks feel far better to me, not to mention battery life and the ability to play lag free wired via the charge cable. It's the natural evolution to the 360 controller and now the official Windows drivers are out I expect hardcore PC gamers to adopt it.

Maybe we should do a poll thread.

As a big fan of the 360 pad I think the Xbox One controller feels great in the hand, but the textured thumbsticks and buzzy triggers are a turn off for me.

The DualShock 4 is just as nice to hold, has neither of the above irritations and contains a raft of additional features.
  • Options
    gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    I prefer the X1 controller over the DS4 but I do think the DS4 is a huge improvement over the horrible DS3.
  • Options
    jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Won't be getting an X1 controller for PC just yet. Will stick with the 360 pad at least another year for the PC.

Op - get a SNES. Classic system ;)
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Maybe we should do a poll thread.

As a big fan of the 360 pad I think the Xbox One controller feels great in the hand, but the textured thumbsticks and buzzy triggers are a turn off for me.

The DualShock 4 is just as nice to hold, has neither of the above irritations and contains a raft of additional features.

A poll on this forum? Ha good one.

I'm not really all that interested in how many more people could potentially prefer the DS4 over the X1 controller, just like I'm not interested in sales figures. It doesn't effect my life or the enjoyment I derive from these machines one jot.

DS4 is a massive improvement over the standard DS design though and it's a comfy controller too. I like it quite a lot.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A poll on this forum? Ha good one.

I'm not really all that interested in how many more people could potentially prefer the DS4 over the X1 controller, just like I'm not interested in sales figures. It doesn't effect my life or the enjoyment I derive from these machines one jot.

DS4 is a massive improvement over the standard DS design though and it's a comfy controller too. I like it quite a lot.

With respect, the suggestion of a poll and associated discussion thread isn't really for the benefit of the likes of us, rather a guide and Q&A opportunity for people making purchasing decisions which may depend greatly on the controller.
  • Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Honestly?

Neither.

It's only Nintendo who seem to be focusing on effort in the next year, Microsoft and Sony and playing the throw money and grab exclusives game but not exactly great exclusives because games need to be multiplat to earn bank these days.

There's nothing MAJOR that stands out for the rest of the year and E3 this year should have been dubbed the "Look at this cool 2015 stuff" show.

Sit on the money, there is no need to buy either of them at their current price with the line up they are both projecting for the rest of the year, wait until next year when both might hit a price cut and then dive in picking up anything you missed from this year (which isn't a lot) on the cheap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing on Nintendo interests me. Absolutely nothing.
This discussion has been closed.