13»

Comments

• Options
    QT 3.14QT 3.14 Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tim_smith wrote: »
    BIB Annoying saying......>:(

Not as annoying as someone typing 'BIB'. What you're really saying is that you believe people to be too thick to realise that you're talking about the emboldened part of a quoted post and so feel the need to explain that to them.

It reeks of arrogance!
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It is indeed. It's meaningless and adds nothing, yet the people writing it seem to feel they're being amusing, original, satirical and insightful. I'm afraid they're on a par with those who hear a mild complaint about absolutely anything, and respond with "Do you know how many children are starving in africa?".

It really should be a reportable offence.

Though I suppose you could say that it's just a first world problem.
  • Options
    gdrx78gdrx78 Posts: 300
    Forum Member
    Not trying to worry you, but I have lots of my neighbour's crockery that i've had for years. I really should return some of it.

But then she'd know it was me who broke into her house and stole it!

What-am I a bad person for not being arsed loading my dishwasher!

Seriously tho-she's probably not wanting to disturb u to return your mug-she'll give u it back when she catches you in the garden!

With a big bloody chip out of it!!!!!!

(Sorry!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wait till she's asleep. Then have a feel around in her cat flap with your mug tree. Get yer arm right in there - see if you can hook it out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    this thread is so funny! I notice jeremy kyle get's mentioned a lot on DS, is this were all his cast come from?
  • Options
    boozer3boozer3 Posts: 2,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Very true though.

Just make sure you give her a beaker next time. Channel Mrs. Bucket.
  • Options
    starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    I was hoping to catch her this evening, but she left early this afternoon and hasn't returned.
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rae_Roo wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing, I'm sure that I've made a similar comment in an equality trivial post, previously. I honestly don't see how some people can handle a job, if such mundane, day to day stuff, sends them to an advice forum....when I think of the personalities, difficulties and complex situations I have to handle in my job on a weekly basis... A person like the OP, would implode! :o

They don't, for the most part.
  • Options
    QT 3.14QT 3.14 Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It won't be long before there's a "Help. How do I tie my shoelaces without accidentally strangling myself?" thread.
  • Options
    DanManF1DanManF1 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Some of the comments on this thread are hilarious. :D

Just ask for it back, OP. Knock on the door and simply ask. How hard can it be? What could possibly go wrong?
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    QT 3.14 wrote: »
    It won't be long before there's a "Help. How do I tie my shoelaces without accidentally strangling myself?" thread.
    Velcro is your friend.
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    silversox wrote: »
    BIB - what has that got to do with it? :o

Get a life, OP. :(

Because he fancies the daughter and doesn't want the daughter to hear of him accusing her dear old Ma of being a Denby stealing rapscallion.
    Or because be fancies the daughter and doesn't want the daughter to know he buys matching mugs.
    Or because he fancies the daughter and he's only got two mugs, so he can't invite said daughter round to his house for a cuppa because her mother is a kleptomaniac.
    Or because he fancies the daughter and doesn't want the daughter to know he's the kind of man who gets in such a tizz about sharing a coffee with a neighour.
    Or because he fancies the daughter and is now afraid that the Mum will tell her daughter that her next door neighbour is wooing her - the Mum - with gifts of expensive crockery.

But it's because he fancies the daughter.
    No question.
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    Espresso wrote: »
    Because he fancies the daughter and doesn't want the daughter to hear of him accusing her dear old Ma of being a Denby stealing rapscallion.
    Or because be fancies the daughter and doesn't want the daughter to know he buys matching mugs.
    Or because he fancies the daughter and he's only got two mugs, so he can't invite said daughter round to his house for a cuppa because her mother is a kleptomaniac.
    Or because he fancies the daughter and doesn't want the daughter to know he's the kind of man who gets in such a tizz about sharing a coffee with a neighour.
    Or because he fancies the daughter and is now afraid that the Mum will tell her daughter that her next door neighbour is wooing her - the Mum - with gifts of expensive crockery.

No question.

I never thought of that!:D

PS Note to self - I must never put BIB in any more of my comments. :blush:
  • Options
    Paulie WalnutsPaulie Walnuts Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping to catch her this evening, but she left early this afternoon and hasn't returned.

Sounds like she's deliberately avoiding you now. You need to fix up a piece of string near her front door and then attach it to a small bell in your lounge.

When you finally catch her, don't fall for the 'it's still in the dishwasher' line that this type always seems to come up with either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    silversox wrote: »
    I never thought of that!:D

PS Note to self - I must never put BIB in any more of my comments. :blush:
    I do it.
    Being relatively new at the time I saw others do it and assumed it was a DS protocol or norm.
    Now I learn that Mr Smith believes:
    "the people writing it seem to feel they're being amusing, original, satirical and insightful. I'm afraid they're on a par with those who hear a mild complaint about absolutely anything, and respond with "Do you know how many children are starving in africa?"."

By the way - BiB, no.
    What's the answer?
    I'm in a pub quiz tomorrow, it might come up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Espresso wrote: »

No question.
    Either that or it's part of his Winnie the Pooh set.
  • Options
    IqoniqIqoniq Posts: 6,299
    Forum Member
    Get to the police NOW! She's obviously getting ready to flee the country with your mug. This is obviously this century's Brink's-MAT robbery. If she does manage to evade justice it won't be for long though, as Crimewatch will pick up the story. Because it's such an awful crime they'll be able to rope in A-list Hollywood stars, to produce a CGI effects laden masterpiece of a reconstruction. You'll also be in high demand from the media for interviews on how you managed to survive such a harrowing experience. You will also be able to write a book about it which will become an international best seller, and will sell more copies than the entire Harry Potter series. The culmination will be OK! paying you millions for pictures of your high profile wedding to her daughter, and then you'll be able to have the last laugh. That'll teach the thieving cow.
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    It's quite likely that the OP, starry-rune, is having a bl**dy good laugh at our comments on three pages! I can't believe that he posted it seriously.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Next time you see her casually mention about getting your mug back as it's past of a new set. Simple
  • Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just find a couple of heavies, go round her house, when she answers the door, say in a voice that means business -- "I have come for my mug, any trouble and my mates here will rearrange your face":D
  • Options
    gdrx78gdrx78 Posts: 300
    Forum Member
    Ask the daughter for her hand in Marriage....

That way, even if you don't get any sets of Mugs as wedding gifts, you will get it back when your neighbour eventually dies and she inherits it.

Then divorce her and claim it as your own in a settlement.

It's so simple, it's genuis!!!!
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ......... "Do you know how many children are starving in africa?"."

By the way - BiB, no.
    What's the answer?
    I'm in a pub quiz tomorrow, it might come up.

The answer's obvious : No.