Options

The One Direction Appreciation Thread (9)

Comments

• Options
    andi84andi84 Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    It wasn't the demo Louis got annoyed about. It was a 30 second video he rt'd that made fun of the fans who say things like you saved my life etc.

Love the hashtag Louis was using (#masterofallwisdom), because that's exactly how NB is trying to come across: the wise guy, standing above all things, but he's a lot more thin-skinned than he lets on...
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andi84 wrote: »
    Love the hashtag Louis was using (#masterofallwisdom), because that's exactly how NB is trying to come across: the wise guy, standing above all things, but he's a lot more thin-skinned than he lets on...

Looking at his Twitter Naughty Boy does come across as being a tool and having a very high sense of self importance.
  • Options
    ImperfectPearlsImperfectPearls Posts: 1,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    It wasn't the demo Louis got annoyed about. It was a 30 second video he rt'd that made fun of the fans who say things like you saved my life etc.

I realise now! Haha! But none the less I think he was inconsiderate with both the video and the sample. I wonder if Zayn will regret his decision if this whole 'zaughty boy' thing doesn't work out?
  • Options
    DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    String9 wrote: »
    Speculation, speculation. Simon thought so highly of NB he chucked out his song? Zayn has a contract to fulfil, period. His liaison with NB has nothing to do with Simon.

Not just speculation. Here's Simon tweeting Naughty Boy shortly after NB tweeted "The future's bright @zaynmalik"
    https://twitter.com/SimonCowell/status/532386481139367936
    "@SimonCowell - Hello to my genius friend @NaughtyBoyMusic"
    Naughty Boy also went to the X Factor final and hung backstage with Simon (and I'm betting Zayn too).

At the Brits last month Naughty Boy said he and Zayn went round to Simon's house last year and talked about the feature Zayn is doing on the song that 1D didn't use (which may have been because it's sound didn't fit in the album). They have a well established link, it seems likely now that all three had been discussing Zayn working solo for a while.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naughty Boy is being such a fool right now winding up the fandom. And Zayn is being inconsiderate himself not saying anything directly to fans (a PR statement and newspaper interview doesn't cut it).

I liked the song though, Zayn sounded great on it. I think this was just a throwaway track, perhaps written with 1D in mind, and Zayn's album will sound different (R&B).
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not just speculation. Here's Simon tweeting Naughty Boy shortly after NB tweeted "The future's bright @zaynmalik"
    Naughty Boy also went to the X Factor final and hung backstage with Simon (and I'm betting Zayn too).

At the Brits last month Naughty Boy said he and Zayn went round to Simon's house last year and talked about the feature Zayn is doing on the song that 1D didn't use (which may have been because it's sound didn't fit in the album). They have a well established link, it seems likely now that all three had been discussing Zayn working solo for a while.

Simon was also interviewed a while ago saying he would be happy for all the boys to do side projects but stay together as a group. I linked the article a few weeks back on here. Yes I agree he was happy for Zayn to work solo with NB but as a side project alongside the band ............NOT leave the band
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    Simon was also interviewed a while ago saying he would be happy for all the boys to do side projects but stay together as a group. I linked the article a few weeks back on here. Yes I agree he was happy for Zayn to work solo with NB but as a side project alongside the band ............NOT leave the band

I doubt anyone wanted Zayn to leave the band as he did. Around the time the story blew up and Zayn flew home Naughty Boy tweeted "Strange what desire makes foolish men do". The song he is a featured artist on would most likely have tested the water whilst he was in 1D and still making lots of money. He left early and everyone panicked.

I don't know if they thought he would last until album promo in the winter though, not showing up in Orlando last November was reported by a leak to be because he didn't want to be there. If we're honest he hasn't looked happy or excited by 1D for a while, especially when you compare it with the tweets and photos he and Naughty Boy were sharing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zouis has gone and larry had returned :D:blush:https://twitter.com/jawlinezjm/status/582861161000886272
  • Options
    annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Naughty boy isn't handling things very well, it's all rather tactless.
    Maybe he believes that his material for/with Zayn is so strong that it will do well without needing the 1D fandom... Maybe he's pissing everyone off on purpose, thinking detaching Zayn from 1D & its fans is the only way for Zayn to become "credible"...

I haven't heard the demo, but since I am not a big R'n'B fan, I am not that excited about it tbh. Then again, I am assuming it's R'n'B, am I wrong?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annushka wrote: »
    Maybe he believes that his material for/with Zayn is so strong that it will do well without needing the 1D fandom... Maybe he's pissing everyone off on purpose, thinking detaching Zayn from 1D & its fans is the only way for Zayn to become "credible"...

I haven't heard the demo, but since I am not a big R'n'B fan, I am not that excited about it tbh. Then again, I am assuming it's R'n'B, am I wrong?

He has deleted the link to the clip but here it is. http://harryxzayn.tumblr.com/post/115132568297

It is just Zayn and a guitar, I wouldn't call it particularly RnB. I don't think it is very good, personally find it really boring!
  • Options
    annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has deleted the link to the clip but here it is. http://harryxzayn.tumblr.com/post/115132568297

It is just Zayn and a guitar, I wouldn't call it particularly RnB. I don't think it is very good, personally find it really boring!

Thank you :)
    It's not at all what I was expecting. I actually quite like it, I like the vibe & he's got a lovely voice (not that I didn't know that before), but I couldn't say for sure it would catch my attention my attention on the radio tbh.

It's just so unfortunate that the message released by the 1D team said that Zayn wanted to lead a normal life if that wasn't the case. I'm not sure if it was Zayn's choice to spin it like that, or the team's. Considering he apparently wants to launch a solo career, maybe they should have gone with a more truthful version...
    It's also unfortunate that Zayn is collaborating with someone who isn't very tactful. A genious producer he might be, but he isn't great at the PR stuff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you :)
    It's not at all what I was expecting. I actually quite like it, I like the vibe & he's got a lovely voice (not that I didn't know that before), but I couldn't say for sure it would catch my attention my attention on the radio tbh.

It's just so unfortunate that the message released by the 1D team said that Zayn wanted to lead a normal life if that wasn't the case. I'm not sure if it was Zayn's choice to spin it like that, or the team's. Considering he apparently wants to launch a solo career, maybe they should have gone with a more truthful version...
    It's also unfortunate that Zayn is collaborating with someone who isn't very tactful. A genious producer he might be, but he isn't great at the PR stuff.

BIB- I agree, I think it is understandable for fans to be upset be when he said he wants to be a normal 22 year old. It is quite obvious he is going to do solo stuff but if he had just said that in the PR statement then the fans wouldn't be so riled! All he had to at is that he wanted to experiment with music on his own etc but no...
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How exactly does this prove that Simon was instrumental in launching his solo career?

Exactly. It's win win for those boys if you ask me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

From Zayn's exclusive interview, I got the impression he was hoping the 1D fans will stick by him. I don't buy the ' I only stayed in the group for the fans' spin. To be honest I think it would have worked for him better if he'd said he stayed because he wanted to be loyal to the 4 guys he has shared his life with for the last five years.
  • Options
    andi84andi84 Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zouis has gone and larry had returned :D:blush:https://twitter.com/jawlinezjm/status/582861161000886272

Hahaha, I've just learned from the comments to that picture, that there seems to be a thing called "Wellington curse" (look it up here: http://zianourryfanficgirl.tumblr.com/post/96407259544/hun-pls-tell-me-what-the-wellington-curse-meanss).
    Well, to me it's a case of "selective perception", but anyway it's quite interesting that Harry and Louis seem have become closer now?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andi84 wrote: »
    Hahaha, I've just learned from the comments to that picture, that there seems to be a thing called "Wellington curse" (look it up here: http://zianourryfanficgirl.tumblr.com/post/96407259544/hun-pls-tell-me-what-the-wellington-curse-meanss).
    Well, to me it's a case of "selective perception", but anyway it's quite interesting that Harry and Louis seem have become closer now?!

Yh they are actually interacting, like in this vid you can clearly see they talk to each other. At one point that was never happening. Hmm idk I just like to see them all talk to each other and get on! :)https://twitter.com/1dafworld/status/582956237546909696
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perrie and Zane and families (except Daddy Zayn) Have all jetted off somewhere on a private plane. Speculation is they are off to Dubai to get married. I don't know how they came up with that but lots of funny comments about him arriving in Dubai too late for the gig :o
  • Options
    MatejaMateja Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure there won't be any wedding ... I think Zerrie relationship is fake. I just can't imagine Perrie marrying a serial cheater, sorry. According to blind gossip, they have about a year on their contract left. The they will break up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mateja wrote: »
    I'm sure there won't be any wedding ... I think Zerrie relationship is fake. I just can't imagine Perrie marrying a serial cheater, sorry. According to blind gossip, they have about a year on their contract left. The they will break up.

But if it was fake, now he is out of the band, he doesn't need to keep to a contract nor would you have one for so long. And, according to blind gossip every famous relationship is fake :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blind Gossip is a trash site, almost all of it is fake or written after the fact. It would be very difficult for Zayn, Perrie, their teams + bandmates to maintain a fake relationship for three years. They couldn't even keep the weed smoking video or cheating stories out the papers. I don't know how he could get his younger sisters to lie about it either, children aren't good at that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy Easter everyone. It's been a roller coaster few weeks in here and goodness knows what will happen going forward but group hug for now and enjoy your Easter eggs :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy Easter everyone. It's been a roller coaster few weeks in here and goodness knows what will happen going forward but group hug for now and enjoy your Easter eggs :D:D:D

Happy Easter to you too! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Happy Easter.:)
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy Easter guise!! Enjoy ur discounted 1D Easter Eggs lolz :blush::kitty::D
  • Options
    OverjoyedOverjoyed Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    The boys are in the Sun newspaper tomorrow (Sunday).

"First official pics and words since Zayn's departure"

http://pic.twitter.com/4tDYqk9FN0