Options

Pilot killed neighbour's dog for barking

Comments

• Options
    Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    That poor dog, having it's head held under water until it stopped breathing, must have been pure torture.>:(

What an absolute vile human being that man is. I really hope he gets what he deserves!!
  • Options
    EvieJEvieJ Posts: 6,036
    Forum Member
    The victims side of the story

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3093451/Can-feel-sympathy-neighbour-killed-dog-dead-pet-s-owners-tell-side.html

Alison adds: ‘Other neighbours who live much closer to us have never once complained about Meg’s barking. We never left our dogs in the garden all day and if we felt they were being too noisy, we’d bring them in.’

Alison shows me a number of signed witness statements neighbours provided to the RSPCA stating their opinion that Meg was not a nuisance and did not bark excessively.

And although Woodhouse claimed he had complained to the council about her barking, no evidence of this was produced in court.
  • Options
    Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    So, he had never been to the owners of the dog to complain about the barking. Isn't that what most normal people would do?

He's just a horrible, nasty individual and I hope he rots in hell.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And no other neighbours had a problem with it.

He hasn't even apologised.
  • Options
    Steve_CardanasSteve_Cardanas Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    Flybe pilot drowned neighbour's border terrier Meg in a bucket and dumped body in a hedge because it wouldn't stop barking
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3089612/Flybe-pilot-drowned-neighbour-s-dog-bucket-wouldn-t-stop-barking.html#comments

If he cracks that easily, he probably shouldn't be in charge of a plane full of people.

That is so sad ,that is not very far from where I use to live
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EvieJ wrote: »
    And no other neighbours had a problem with it.

He hasn't even apologised.
    He won't either. He's total scum and hope he has a bad time in prison.
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    He won't either. He's total scum and hope he has a bad time in prison.

He's not in prison
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't you think a dog will feel the same as what a human does when being drowned? I just don't understand this complete lack of empathy some people have towards animals.

This...

And to think some of the UK's child killers - Ian Huntly and Ian Brady / Fred West to name a few - enjoyed hurting animals as kids..Ian Huntly attempted to strangle a puppy in a playground as a child, apparently..

I'm not saying someone who suddenly snaps - like this guy - is like a child killer but a lack of empathy towards animals isn't always a sign of an emotionally stable person.
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EvieJ wrote: »
    Its not ideal I'll admit but if it has food, water and somewhere to toilet (he must have done) then lacking company is not necessarily suffering is it?

Dogs are social animals, lol, you know like wolves..

Cats are more solitary..
  • Options
    cessnacessna Posts: 6,747
    Forum Member
    While it's extremely wrong, I can see where he's coming from, would you want someone piloting your plane with only 2 hours sleep ?

Sorry, but it's just a dog, not a person, I repeat, it's a dog, only a dog..

So MF regards forcing a dogs head under water until its lungs are liable to burst and it drowns - as insignificant or acceptable.. Sadly there are probably too many others of his ilk that also shame the human race.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    He's not in prison
    He got 12 weeks according to the report.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cessna wrote: »
    So MF regards forcing a dogs head under water until its lungs are liable to burst and it drowns - as insignificant or acceptable.. Sadly there are probably too many others of his ilk that also shame the human race.
    Going by MF killing anything is acceptable if you've only had 2 hours sleep.
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    He got 12 weeks according to the report.

Suspended
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/3531371/Parish-council-chairman-shoots-neighbours-dog-over-barking.html

This was a few years ago and I knew the dog owner. She was truly heartbroken when her dog was killed.
  • Options
    mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While it's extremely wrong, I can see where he's coming from, would you want someone piloting your plane with only 2 hours sleep ?

Sorry, but it's just a dog, not a person, I repeat, it's a dog, only a dog..

Animal cruelty is a crime that often leads to attacking other people and many serial killers started by torturing and killing animals.
  • Options
    StrmChaserSteveStrmChaserSteve Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    simple way to sort this out

everyone boycott Flybe, until the Pilot is fired
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank god it wasn't a crying baby next door
  • Options
    mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    mounty wrote: »
    Animal cruelty is a crime that often leads to attacking other people and many serial killers started by torturing and killing animals.

are you wearing a hysteria hat today. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    towers wrote: »
    Dogs are social animals, lol, you know like wolves..

Cats are more solitary..

Yes, dogs prefer company but they can cope without it for a few hours as long as their other needs are being met.
  • Options
    OdonataOdonata Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh that's horrific :(
    My neighbours dog is a pain in the rear when I'm in the back garden, constantly barks. I just lean over and give him a stroke, and he calms down. Or I'll chuck over a chew for him (after asking the neighbour if it was ok to do, of course).
    Killing an animal for barking is not ok.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Very true.
  • Options
    SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How often?
    Also correlation does not equal causation.
    Serial killers harming animals as well doesn't mean that those who harm animals will also kill people.
  • Options
    Kyle_TKyle_T Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not going to condone what he did but......*goes on to condone what he did*

Stay classy DS.
  • Options
    mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mickmars wrote: »
    are you wearing a hysteria hat today. :o

no

SaturnV wrote: »
    How often?
    Also correlation does not equal causation.
    Serial killers harming animals as well doesn't mean that those who harm animals will also kill people.

Often enough to be a reported on phenomenon that apparently isn't as well known as I thought

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macdonald_triad#Cruelty_to_animals
    In a study of 45 male prison inmates who were deemed violent offenders, McClellan (2003) found that 56% admitted to having committed acts of violence against animals.
  • Options
    bspacebspace Posts: 14,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    simple way to sort this out

everyone boycott Flybe, until the Pilot is fired

Nice way to reward the guy, think of the compensation for wrongful dismisal.