BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 53)

Comments

• Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EddyBee wrote: »
    Good morning you lot.

:D

Morning Eddy :D
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Morning everyone. :)
    Hicky wrote: »
    I would have thought the weather for the last 100 years would have been well documented, the info must be out there anyway, but it probably wouldn't be too specific on an area.
    I am sure t is well documented too but i dont think these lads who own the site have seen it. I am not sure how they think "no snow" for 1975 when it actually snowed on and off until the summer. (London, so it could hardly be missed)
    The writer seems to have got a lot of information from his parents memories so maybe the seventies passed in a psychedelic blur for them? :D
    Mootle wrote: »
    He has 2, but he hates wearing them, and sulks. This is a sight to behold - he adopts a hairpin shape with head poked forward and down, tail tucked well in, and ears back and down, and he becomes compleetly catatonic :D
    Tis more than flesh and blood can bear...
    Soooo, we are all currently enduring costly room temperatures of 22C and the whole Pack has been stripped naked, lucky things.
    Would he just get under a quilt if he was cold? Or if you turn the heating off might he come round to the idea of a jumper?
    nowahalla wrote: »
    Morning:)
    School this morning for the talk of doom about IGCSE studying and work experience placements....:yawn::yawn: then supermarket and then slow crawl home in some ridiculous, even by the usual standards, traffic jams...

Youngest still off school with his mystery sickness thang (3 days now), again...although it's been a long time since the last bout. Feeling better today though so he hopes to go in tomorrow....

...and it's hot....
    I'm sorry your little boy is sick, Halla, and I hope he is better tomorrow, :)

Tut. Looks like Hicky has been fly-tipping again! :p
    http://news.sky.com/story/1067659/thousands-of-dead-prawns-washed-up-in-chile
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning halla, Arte and SR :D

Bit nippy this morning but bright.
    Morning Flora. Woke up at 5-00am thought there was fog........it was a snow blizzard! :eek:
    EddyBee wrote: »
    Good morning you lot.

:D
    Morning Eddy :D

I am sure t is well documented too but i dont think these lads who own the site have seen it. I am not sure how they think "no snow" for 1975 when it actually snowed on and off until the summer. (London, so it could hardly be missed)
    The writer seems to have got a lot of information from his parents memories so maybe the seventies passed in a psychedelic blur for them? :D

Would he just get under a quilt if he was cold? Or if you turn the heating off might he come round to the idea of a jumper?

Morning honey. :)
  • nowahallanowahalla Posts: 10,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Animal shelter just called to let me know that Kitty aborted her kittens :( 5 of them....probably for the best to be honest as there were no homes for them. They're going to spay her next week and get her leg checked out....then I'll bring her back here.

Youngest has been reading all my old James Herriott books and loving them, and I've just found the tv series on youtube...I can forsee many happily wasted hours ahead :)
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Good Mornering Everyone.:-)[highlight]((((((( {o-^-o} )))))))[/highlight]
    Forecast says 1 deg, snow showers and Sunny this evening, strange.:-))))))))
    Morning everyone. :-)

The writer seems to have got a lot of information from his parents memories so maybe the seventies passed in a psychedelic blur for them? :-D

Tut. Looks like Hicky has been fly-tipping again! :-p
    Morning Honey.:-)
    I over ordered from Costco.:-DDDDDDDDDD
  • ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    Animal shelter just called to let me know that Kitty aborted her kittens :( 5 of them....probably for the best to be honest as there were no homes for them. They're going to spay her next week and get her leg checked out....then I'll bring her back here.

Youngest has been reading all my old James Herriott books and loving them, and I've just found the tv series on youtube...I can forsee many happily wasted hours ahead :)

Much the best thing to have happened for the Kitty's sake. I know that feral cats can have 2 litters by the time they are 1 year old and the poor things have tummies down to the ground and prolapses by their 4th or 5th litter - if they live that long.
    Hope youngest is fit for school again tomorrow.:)
  • minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    Morning all :)

Poor kitty, hopefully she'll be well and once spayed will have a better life.
    Forum Member
    minkski wrote: »
    Morning all :)

Poor kitty, hopefully she'll be well and once spayed will have a better life.
    Morning minkski.:-))))))))))))))))

I'm a bit late replying, been in the garden, always so much to do.

I mentioned in an email 2 of my strawberry plants i got a month ago never made it, i expected 10% to fail but they are sending me 10 replacements, i only have room for the 2 that failed so will have to offer them to my neighbour.
    Oh, well, have a nice day, sun is out again, if it wasn't for these clouds it would be a lovely day, 5 degs outside.
    Forum Member
    Morning minkski.:-))))))))))))))))

I'm a bit late replying, been in the garden, always so much to do.

I mentioned in an email 2 of my strawberry plants i got a month ago never made it, i expected 10% to fail but they are sending me 10 replacements, i only have room for the 2 that failed so will have to offer them to my neighbour.
    Oh, well, have a nice day, sun is out again, if it wasn't for these clouds it would be a lovely day, 5 degs outside.

Morning Hicky :)

I could do with trimming my jasmine- it's taking over, and my roses, but I worry about the frost (and snow) killing them if I do :(

ahha I had to edit as I put rimming my jasmine! :eek::D:p
  • xorosetylerxoxorosetylerxo Posts: 6,674
    Forum Member
    good morning everyone
    Forum Member
    good morning everyone

Morning Rose, congrats on the merit btw :)
  • xorosetylerxoxorosetylerxo Posts: 6,674
    Forum Member
    Morning Rose, congrats on the merit btw :)

Thank you :o
  • MootleMootle Posts: 35,232
    Forum Member

he is not too keen on being covered up either.:(
    He is so tiny that there is a real risk of him getting a fatally low blood sugar if he shivers too much without sufficient food on board. Like all my other dogs he won't eat puppy food :mad: so I have had to give him the adult stuff.
    This cold weather is probably all my fault for thinking that now that spring was here I could get a new puppy.....:(
    Animal shelter just called to let me know that Kitty aborted her kittens : 5 of them....probably for the best to be honest as there were no homes for them. They're going to spay her next week and get her leg checked out....then I'll bring her back here.

Youngest has been reading all my old James Herriott books and loving them, and I've just found the tv series on youtube...I can forsee many happily wasted hours ahead
    aw poor Kitty - probably not the firsdt time either if she has been living as a feral cat...
    Forum Member
    Morning Hicky :-)

I could do with trimming my jasmine- it's taking over, and my roses, but I worry about the frost (and snow) killing them if I do :-(

ahha I had to edit as I put rimming my jasmine! :-eek::-D:p
    I wouldn't worry too much about the roses, think you prune in spring, maybe after the frost.
    Rose Pruning Basics

Use clean, sharp tools

Look at the overall plant, but begin pruning from the base of the plant.

Prune to open the center of the plant to light and air circulation

Make your cuts at a 45-degree angle, about 1/4 inch above a bud that is facing toward the outside of the plant.

Make sure it is a clean cut (not ragged)

Remove all broken, dead, dying or diseased wood (Any branches that look dry, shriveled or black. Cut until the inside of the cane is white.)

Remove any weak or twiggy branches thinner than a pencil

If cane borers are a problem in your area, seal the cut with a white glue, such as Elmer’s.

Remove sucker growth below the graft.

Remove any remaining foliage

When to Prune Roses
    Timing is determined by the class of the rose plant and the hardiness zone in which it is growing. Most rose pruning is done in the spring, with the blooming of the forsythia as a signal to get moving. If you don't have forsythia, watch for when the leaf buds begin to swell on your rose plants, meaning the bumps on the canes get larger and reddish in colour.

good morning everyone
    Morning Rose.:-))))))))))))))
    Forum Member
    Mootle wrote: »
    he is not too keen on being covered up either.:(
    He is so tiny that there is a real risk of him getting a fatally low blood sugar if he shivers too much without sufficient food on board. Like all my other dogs he won't eat puppy food :mad: so I have had to give him the adult stuff.
    This cold weather is probably all my fault for thinking that now that spring was here I could get a new puppy.....:(

aw poor Kitty - probably not the firsdt time either if she has been living as a feral cat...

Will he eat cat food? The higher protein content might be better, or boiled chicken with lots of the skin to keep him warm.
    Are the teacup chihuahuas inherently cold? I wonder why? Rupert looked quite a bruiser on the video.
  • Janet29Janet29 Posts: 22,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will he eat cat food? The higher protein content might be better, or boiled chicken with lots of the skin to keep him warm.
    Are the teacup chihuahuas inherently cold? I wonder why? Rupert looked quite a bruiser on the video.

my sisters dog eats cat food she loves it

Ive just looked back Rupert looks like he has quite a character i think hes got Moots on the soft :D
    Forum Member
    Janet29 wrote: »
    my sisters dog eats cat food she loves it

Ive just looked back Rupert looks like he has quite a character i think hes got Moots on the soft :D

Ours all have the dried cat food from costco whenever they want it, and fresh meat every day.
  • Janet29Janet29 Posts: 22,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ours all have the dried cat food from costco whenever they want it, and fresh meat every day.

we got a free sample of the dried the last time we went to Costco...she has that and fresh meat :D....our trips to Costco have been more frequent than i thought at least ive had me moneys worth out of the membership

hope you and yours are well.....hope Joni is ok to i think of her often
    Forum Member
    OMG, an animal restaurant.:-))))))))))))

It's a wonder they don't pass the word round and 50 cats and dogs turn up at meal time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Afternoon all :)
    Forum Member
    OMG, an animal restaurant.:-))))))))))))

It's a wonder they don't pass the word round and 50 cats and dogs turn up at meal time.
    Funny you should say that. The cat down the road keeps sneaking in at every opportunity to help herself, and we have a communal village cat who we all feed. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THIS is brilliant....stick with it.
  • ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    Scots rool wrote: »

It's been one of my favourites for ages, there are some other brilliant classical 'mobs' on youtube.....:)
  • Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scots rool wrote: »

Excellent :D
    Forum Member
    Artemesia wrote: »
    It's been one of my favourites for ages, there are some other brilliant classical 'mobs' on youtube.....:)

It's one of my mother's favourites too :cool:

It's very good :D
This discussion has been closed.