ITV to launch ITVBe - Freeview, Freesat, Sky and Virgin

124»

Comments

• John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a regular visitor to Ibiza, I tuned in to TOWIE against my better judgement...expecting to at least see some shots of the beautiful island and its nightlife.

All we've had is the brain-dead 'actors' sat chatting in some nondescript middle of the road bar? Baffled by the appeal of this programme, I at least expected a lively (but scripted/staged) show where they all had a good time!

I don't know how this rubbish keeps going and despair that anybody still watches it.:(
    Surely every contrived,'OMG' and 'shuttup!!' scenario has been covered several times in the 3 to 4 years that it's now been running?:confused:

Mark Wright also showed what an amateur at 'presentation' he still is in the mind numbing 'companion programme' that was also shown tonight.
    Grim........>:(
  • tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wall to wall shite. Avoid.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV2 can become a much better channel now.
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    ITV2 can become a much better channel now.

You might think so, but I'll lay odds that all the X-Factor, Britain's Got Talent, I'm a Celebrity.... etc. companion shows (and Keith Lemon) will remain on ITV2 rather than shuffling off to ITVBe (short for 'Be Afraid'?)

So it'll be scripted 'reality' and lifestyle shows on ITV Be, with talent- and game-show 'reality' on ITV2 - 2 crap channels for the price of one!

Although, with Plebs, plus the move from ITV1 of The Job Lot, perhaps this means there will be a focus on more comedy content now that TOWIE and its ilk are gone?
  • tony-wtony-w Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    tangsman wrote: »

The best post ever:
    Succinct, accurate and even humourous.

Well done Sir, I applaud you
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Totally agree, looking at whats on ITVBe, just looks like another reality channel like itv2/3, whats the point.
    I thought it was supposed to be new drama, perhaps I read that wrong some months ago when it was announced.
    What does Be mean anyway. understand encore, just means repeats.
  • ariusukariusuk Posts: 13,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lettice wrote: »
    Totally agree, looking at whats on ITVBe, just looks like another reality channel like itv2/3, whats the point.
    I thought it was supposed to be new drama, perhaps I read that wrong some months ago when it was announced.
    What does Be mean anyway. understand encore, just means repeats.

New drama is on ITV Encore.
    Also, not entirely sure what on ITV3 you are classifying as reality TV.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member

ITV Be: For those who find ITV2 too high brow and intellectual.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ariusuk wrote: »
    New drama is on ITV Encore.
    Also, not entirely sure what on ITV3 you are classifying as reality TV.

ITV encore has just been all itv repeats as far as I have seen.
    What new drams have they had on there then?

Not sure why I put itv2/3, think I was going to add sky living/BBC3 and just didn't edit correctly.
    I do watch itv3, but tend not to look at the listings, just find stuff on there via sky+ using search, new and now recommendations and have found some classic films I enjoy and have watched all the recent Columbo on there.
    ITV3 does seem to be mostly old sitcoms and crime drama at the mo with a few films now and again.
    ITV4, apart from its sport, also has films and crime drama.
    Confusing bunch of channels itv has, all seem to have a bit of everything.
    Looking at itv2 and itv Be it is mostly what I call reality and trash tv, who honestly watches that. In my world, friends family and colleagues certainly do not. Or do they not admit to watching it :)
  • farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Seconded
  • ArchiexArchiex Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Hopefully the ratings for itvbe are dire? Let's hope itv2 turns into a decent channel and remains free from infection in the future.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    when is this is leeds going on sky channel number 117 it channel 8 on normal tv digital
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still do not get why they even launched ITVBe , I mean it just appears to be a pile of old tripe , ok they may get advertising now but surely it cannot be sustained long term id the viewing figures are low. To my mind ITV should have looked to work on and strengthen it's existing channels instead of starting a new one.

As for ITV Encore, well thats just showing everything that has been in iTV3 and then some older stuff that hasn't, if the idea is to have a pay channel that eventually shows new Drama then surely Encore was a stupid name to choose.
  • humbug333humbug333 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    same ITV junk...... just a different channel.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What does the 'Be' stand for?
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    I still do not get why they even launched ITVBe , I mean it just appears to be a pile of old tripe , ok they may get advertising now but surely it cannot be sustained long term id the viewing figures are low. To my mind ITV should have looked to work on and strengthen it's existing channels instead of starting a new one.

As for ITV Encore, well thats just showing everything that has been in iTV3 and then some older stuff that hasn't, if the idea is to have a pay channel that eventually shows new Drama then surely Encore was a stupid name to choose.

ITV want to make ITV 2 into a channel focussing on comedy and entertainment and move the reality shows to ITV Be. ITV Be probably will find it tough as it is competing for a similar market to MTV and Sky Living, who have the rights to reality successes like Geordie Shore and America's Next Top Model, while ITV Be mostly has TOWIE and imported reality shows MTV aren't interested in.
    ITV Encore is pointless, though, as it's just ITV 3 with a different name.
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What does the 'Be' stand for?

Bullshit Exit

Bullshit, Noun,
    1. Nonsense

Exit, Noun,
    1. a Passage Outward

Put together...

Bullshit Exit, Phrase,
    1. A place where nonsense television shows exits through the broadcast pipes via a television set.
    Eg. ITV Be is a bullshit exit because it is home to shows such as The Only Way is Essex and The Real Housewives of Chester
    Forum Member
    Wall to wall shite.

Like a Belfast prison cell in the 70's :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirty_protest
    Forum Member
    ocav wrote: »
    Bullshit Exit

Bullshit, Noun,
    1. Nonsense

Exit, Noun,
    1. a Passage Outward

Put together...

Bullshit Exit, Phrase,
    1. A place where nonsense television shows exits through the broadcast pipes via a television set.
    Eg. ITV Be is a bullshit exit because it is home to shows such as The Only Way is Essex and The Real Housewives of Chester

A 'Bullshit Exit' would be an Arsehole :p

ITVBe - Broadcasting Excrement :o
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I approve of ITVBe as its rubbish content like TOWIE isn't in HD, Plus its lower down the EPG so you can avoid it.