Kara Tointon & Artem Chigvintsev Appreciation Thread (Part 24)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Mayadewi wrote: »
    Thanks Moonbaby. I always look on the site. It is only a few people being negative. The negativity towards Natalie has to a certain extent ruined this series of Strictly for me this year. I don't understand how people can behave this way. Anyway I have loved Artem and Natalie's dancing this year and Artem's choreography has been amazing.

Tend to agree but Artem's choreography is exquisite and I thought they came back fighting last night. All the negativity devalues the hours of hard work Natalie has put in to produce such beautiful performances.:(
  • OrkneySarahOrkneySarah Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clartem wrote: »
    Thanks for all the Eurostar encouragement. Hopefully I will turn right and go up or down appropriately

Did you get your up downs lefts and rights right Clarty? :o:D
  • NooneNoone Posts: 6,048
    Forum Member

:D

The negativity is such a pain and so unfair, it's almost as if you can't be neutral in your affections anymore you have to love or be a troll-like hater. I just don't get it. My sister can't warm to Nat but that's as far as it goes, it doesn't inspire her to treat Nat like some perverted criminal.

I didn't like DVO that much and I'm sure it's because there was a falseness about her, and I'm concluding that it's because of her botoxing or whatever sending mixed signals to my pea-brain. I don't know if Nat has had her forehead botoxed but I do get a similar 'void' of expression with her. I'm going to get off my soapbox about women and botox now, but it makes me wonder why the general public aren't warming to Nat as she's a funny, talented young woman.

Also, Kara was accused of not being emotional and I'm wondering if it's harder for theatrical peeps to be themselves (the cliche of shyness seems to be true to me) and that they really do need a character to hide behind. Kara was very wary about emoting - incase anyone (Gutter press) picked up something unintentional and ran with it. Can't blame her really.
  • scout2006scout2006 Posts: 7,084
    Forum Member
    Monkseal's blog is interesting this week and the results to the poll are even more interesting :)

Monkseal
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No trouble, Strictly paradise: Kara Tointon and dancer Artem Chigvintsev emerge hand-in-hand to face down split rumours

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2524615/Former-Strictly-Come-Dancing-partners-Kara-Tointon-Artem-Chigvintsev-hand-hand.html
  • EselleEselle Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tipi wrote: »
    No trouble, Strictly paradise: Kara Tointon and dancer Artem Chigvintsev emerge hand-in-hand to face down split rumours

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2524615/Former-Strictly-Come-Dancing-partners-Kara-Tointon-Artem-Chigvintsev-hand-hand.html

Tipi, thanks for posting.. :D:D:D
  • KartemAddictKartemAddict Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member

Eselle wrote: »
    Tipi, thanks for posting.. :D:D:D

yes, thanks Tipi :)
  • NooneNoone Posts: 6,048
    Forum Member

TIPI!!! Lovely to see you, hope you're well, Miss seeing you around. :)
  • ClartemClartem Posts: 2,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sort off, but despite Peeve's reminder that there was an upstairs, it took me 20 minutes to realise that upstairs and me were connected:confused:
    However all well in the end.
  • ClartemClartem Posts: 2,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noone wrote: »
    TIPI!!! Lovely to see you, hope you're well, Miss seeing you around. :)

Nooney and Tipi in one post:):):):):):):)
  • denburn quinedenburn quine Posts: 771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clartem wrote: »
    Nooney and Tipi in one post:):):) QUOTE]

Feels a little like empty corridors here.for the moment So hello to any one passing by
    Reading all the build up to Saturday. Sure the celebs must be hyperventilating . Looks like Artem has chosen a real show stopper.:cool: Everyone loves Fred and Ginger and altho they have chosen the more upbeat version. It's still pure Holly wood I feel its his trump card . Flavia did it last year with her show dance and IMO it's the one dance that makes the people who have no clear favourite actually pick up the phone I was at a lunch yesterday ,no one knew of threads ,were disbelieving of any one phoning in over a hundred times ,but everyone liked someone different for different reasons ,they were going to vote ha but only once . ;-)IMO the weakest link choreography wise is Kevin. The other pros have all produced that magic little something he has not. I don't see popularity or the lack of it being the winner on Saturday ..From the moment I saw Artems reaction at having Natalie as his celeb I have never thought for one moment that they wouldn't lift the glitter ball Not long to,wait for that feeling to be proved right or wrong.
    Did every one have the rain and gales ? Really bad in the north east Don't think you would have made that boat trip on the Pentland Firth last night OS : But then again for Artem :D
  • clareiowclareiow Posts: 303
    Forum Member
    I thought more kartemites would be on here for finals' day?

Anyways thought id pop on and say Hi! And to say I hope Kara is there tonight, I think he will need her support tonight, for the nerves and for the emotion of it all...he seems a little overwhelmed this time around. Think the first time with kara he had the excitement of doing it on debut year, and the prospect of taking kara "for a bite" ;) but this time it's different. Not more important, but different. As I say I hope she's there for him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clareiow wrote: »
    I thought more kartemites would be on here for finals' day?

Anyways thought id pop on and say Hi! And to say I hope Kara is there tonight, I think he will need her support tonight, for the nerves and for the emotion of it all...he seems a little overwhelmed this time around. Think the first time with kara he had the excitement of doing it on debut year, and the prospect of taking kara "for a bite" ;) but this time it's different. Not more important, but different. As I say I hope she's there for him.

Hello ..was beginning to think it was something I'd said :think all the Kartemites are Nartemites for the moment Been following every thread, face book and twitter today. I certainly can't remember a build up to a strictly final ever as intense as this one is .or maybe it just feels that way because its Artem ;-)
    Think he looks exhausted . Yes I hope Kara is there .indeed hope all four finalist have their partners there .Kara may choose to be like Natalie's family and prefer to be out of camera as I am sure the cameras would focus.constantly on her reaction. The press won't bother how Brendan's wife feels or looks having given him the same support. But will be looking' for a story with Artem ..
    Looks like it is all going to depend on the show dance swinging the publics change of allegiance tonight. I've thought from Natalie's first dance they would win . Not long or we find out ;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kara is there. Camera shot of her!
    Forum Member
    No surprise Kara is there! They are always there for each other it seems!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    No surprise Kara is there! They are always there for each other it seems!

It was lovely seeing so many of the past winners and hearing how much they loved Strictly. I almost feel relieved for Kara and Artem, that's it's all over and they can get some quality time together. Hope they have a lovely holiday together and that 2014 is kind to them both. Can't wait to see the Strictly Tour in February and hope to see Kara in her next play. Take everyone.
  • Nicola123Nicola123 Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    I wonder what dancers natalie and artem will do on tour. American smooth and rumba maybe or the jive or charlston
    Forum Member
    callie t wrote: »
    It was lovely seeing so many of the past winners and hearing how much they loved Strictly. I almost feel relieved for Kara and Artem, that's it's all over and they can get some quality time together. Hope they have a lovely holiday together and that 2014 is kind to them both. Can't wait to see the Strictly Tour in February and hope to see Kara in her next play. Take everyone.
    Totally agree! Hope Kara is able to go to LA.
  • scout2006scout2006 Posts: 7,084
    Forum Member
    I'd love to see Kara and Tom Chambers do a musical together, with choreography by a certain Mr Chigvintsev of course :)
  • SuzieQ12SuzieQ12 Posts: 3,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignore, sorry.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally agree! Hope Kara is able to go to LA.[/

Lovely to see her and pleased she was on the clips I think it must be quite hard on the ones at home. So all the loved ones do well with their support . thought of KA bell to night and her giving Artem the title of Master:)

Well he was the Master tonight . Simply in a class of his own .My congratulations on a wonderful performance by master and pupil .
    Don't t think I have seen so much raw emotion on show .maybe better to have some men in next years final to balance the tears. :) If the result had been on the night Artem would have won . But can't grudge Abby the prize She came,as Craig said from zero to hero ..and Aliaz..was like Artem when he won with Kara did some beautiful routines.

Happy Christmas to all Kartemites..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scout2006 wrote: »
    I'd love to see Kara and Tom Chambers do a musical together, with choreography by a certain Mr Chigvintsev of course :)

Perfect idea :D
  • Nicola123Nicola123 Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    Is there a video of the past winners talking about winning and their experiences
  • clareiowclareiow Posts: 303
    Forum Member
    Morning everyone!

Seems the papers are AGAIN reporting a split. A website called unreality.tv have put a story up, this time quoting the sun. I think it looks like a rehash of the previous but this time from Kara's "perspective".

Make of it what you will, but if it's over, why was she there last night bursting with pride and crying on VT about how special strictly was to her.? Why can't they just leave them alone?