Options

I wouldnt be able to take BB on channel 5 seriously...

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gutrot wrote: »
    CH5 do reality really well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyOXpD-9Tj8&feature=related

Jade is her usual nasty self

I forgot they did the farm too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyR3AoRgjsQ
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    Text voting has been axed from all shows that have public voting AFAIK as it proved to be unreliable. Can't see BB ever bringing it back.

I think the text messages will be back.moving it away from twitter a bit
  • Options
    SproggSprogg Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be ridiculous for it to go to C5 anyway. Unless they are willing to wait until a reasonable amount of time has passed.

All this nostalgia and Ultimate housemate business is a natural conclusion to the whole thing. If it came back next year it would just seem like you've brought back something from the dead before the funeral.
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sprogg wrote: »
    It would be ridiculous for it to go to C5 anyway. Unless they are willing to wait until a reasonable amount of time has passed.

All this nostalgia and Ultimate housemate business is a natural conclusion to the whole thing. If it came back next year it would just seem like you've brought back something from the dead before the funeral.

unless they do like Germany.

it moved stations there and worked,for me im dying for it to leave C4 because you can see the show is dying on its arse with all the rules and PC thinking going on (hence why they cut all coolios warning outs etc)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janette800 wrote: »
    What does PC mean:o

Public Convenience:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oathy wrote: »

it moved stations there and worked,for me im dying for it to leave C4 because you can see the show is dying on its arse with all the rules and PC thinking going on (hence why they cut all coolios warning outs etc)

Well even with my proudly acheived Grade C in GCSE German I never would have attempted to watch BB Germany :D but I don't imagine the original channel did all the UBB stuff? It would just seem odd to carry on as if all this never happened. It needs a 2 year break minimum and even then I doubt it's gonna see some huge revival and do another 10 years.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    I think the text messages will be back.moving it away from twitter a bit

But if text voting is unreliable then how will it return? It's not just BB that axed it - The X Factor, Strictly and all the rest dropped text voting after the phone scandal a few years ago.

I pretty much agree with this. As far as I'm concerned BB finishes on Friday for me. Even if C5 were to pick it up I can't see myself tuning in - it's the right time for it to go. The show needs a rest at the very least.

I also think some people a little naive to put all the blame on C4 for the way things turned out.

To be honest it's a huge achievement that a show like Big Brother lasted as long as it did.
  • Options
    STUPID CUPIDSTUPID CUPID Posts: 2,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure what people think will happen when it moves to C5.

Desmond is also the owner of the Daily Star so expect more 'glamour models' and 'promo girls' with blonde hair and big breasts so that they can be plastered all over his rags upon their eviction.
    thats exactly what I'm expecting along with more nauseating fauxmances and is why I won't be watching it.
  • Options
    Jaymitch1Jaymitch1 Posts: 6,426
    Forum Member
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    I think it would be fun. This last year they really seem to have had fun with the format. I think they could do a really good year if they used the same staff.

NO!!! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I pretty much agree with this. As far as I'm concerned BB finishes on Friday for me. Even if C5 were to pick it up I can't see myself tuning in - it's the right time for it to go. The show needs a rest at the very least.

I also think some people a little naive to put all the blame on C4 for the way things turned out.

To be honest it's a huge achievement that a show like Big Brother lasted as long as it did.

Exactly. Never in a million years did C4 think they'd still be showing BB 10 and a bit years after it first went out. They got lucky with BB - I think it was a milestone in television history but it has had its day.

I've really quite enjoyed UBB (apart from Friday which was absolutely hideous to watch) but BB11 was a drag and I only stuck it out (but did miss more episodes of BB11 than I've missed from BB1-10 including CBB's combined) because it was the last one. I wouldn't watch it on C5 because personally I feel I've invested an unhealthy amount of time in watching and discussing it already and actually I think I've grown out of it. If I was asked in 20 years time what TV show reminds me of my teenage years it is definitely Big Brother but I'm 22 now, I've watched since I was 12 and I've had my fill lets say. :D For all involved, I think it's time to move on. In a way, Friday and the final will come as a bit of a relief.

*silently sobs* :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Exactly. Never in a million years did C4 think they'd still be showing BB 10 and a bit years after it first went out. They got lucky with BB - I think it was a milestone in television history but it has had its day.

I've really quite enjoyed UBB (apart from Friday which was absolutely hideous to watch) but BB11 was a drag and I only stuck it out (but did miss more episodes of BB11 than I've missed from BB1-10 including CBB's combined) because it was the last one. I wouldn't watch it on C5 because personally I feel I've invested an unhealthy amount of time in watching and discussing it already and actually I think I've grown out of it. If I was asked in 20 years time what TV show reminds me of my teenage years it is definitely Big Brother but I'm 22 now, I've watched since I was 12 and I've had my fill lets say. :D For all involved, I think it's time to move on. In a way, Friday and the final will come as a bit of a relief.

*silently sobs* :D

I feel the same. It's time to let go now. :D

I shall still mourn its passing on Friday but I think, like I said, it's the right for it to end.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see myself tuning into BB if it moved to five.

I'm surprised I lasted this long! But I've been losing interested for some time.

Great concept, but it's become too formulaic now.
  • Options
    guvner2009guvner2009 Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    Its easy to say its the right time to let it end when your someone who has followed it so much that you feel for you its time to move on, But someone who is alittle less obsessed could easily still enjoy it if it went to 5.

I find it funny when read people saying its time to let it go and its a good time to finish.
    These people will be the same lot who are posting everyday this time next year when 5 start the new big brother.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    guvner2009 wrote: »
    Its easy to say its the right time to let it end when your someone who has followed it so much that you feel for you its time to move on, But someone who is alittle less obsessed could easily still enjoy it if it went to 5.

I find it funny when read people saying its time to let it go and its a good time to finish.
    These people will be the same lot who are posting everyday this time next year when 5 start the new big brother.

I will admit it does have the ability to take over my life a little so yes, partly me feeling it's right for it to end is for selfish reasons.

But I do maintain that the show as a whole needs resting. You only have to look at the ratings to see that. C5 will only kill it off another couple of years down the line. Any notion of it having another ten year run on Five is deluded at best.

And tbh if C5 do pick it up I genuinely can't see myself watching it. BB represents a certain time of my life - at some point other priorities taking over and devoting 13 weeks of your life to a show like Big Brother is just impractical. I've already said I've fallen out of love with the show. The Nadia stuff on Friday was just the final nail. I've become disillusioned. Time for me to go!
  • Options
    STUPID CUPIDSTUPID CUPID Posts: 2,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think channel 5 are just as suitable as channel 4 for showing bb as some of their reality shows were quite good.
    For me though channel 4 finishing with the format is a milestone and as someone who has watched the show from bb1 and been posting on forums since bb7 I feel its time for me to move on,
    I do think that channel 5 will capitalise on the furore created on twitter and aim bb to the younger market as a way to sell the owners newspaper(daily star)
    Catch them young so to speak!:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    Not sure what people think will happen when it moves to C5.

Desmond is also the owner of the Daily Star so expect more 'glamour models' and 'promo girls' with blonde hair and big breasts so that they can be plastered all over his rags upon their eviction.

As a fellow bloke I'm not seeing the problem with this?? :D;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As a fellow bloke I'm not seeing the problem with this?? :D;)

Hmm. ;)
  • Options
    guvner2009guvner2009 Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    I will admit it does have the ability to take over my life a little so yes, partly me feeling it's right for it to end is for selfish reasons.

But I do maintain that the show as a whole needs resting. You only have to look at the ratings to see that. C5 will only kill it off another couple of years down the line. Any notion of it having another ten year run on Five is deluded at best.

And tbh if C5 do pick it up I genuinely can't see myself watching it. BB represents a certain time of my life - at some point other priorities taking over and devoting 13 weeks of your life to a show like Big Brother is just impractical. I've already said I've fallen out of love with the show. The Nadia stuff on Friday was just the final nail. I've become disillusioned. Time for me to go!

Fair enough
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they dont try to take the UK BB format and make it USA BB style. I cannot abide most TV programmes from the USA, I watched BB USA a couple of times and could not take to their format so if that happens then this would really be my last BB.

Me too - that's my worry. Incidental music would turn me off for good :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,538
    Forum Member
    Don't Endemol make the programme, I doubt it would change on Channel 5. Neighbours didn't change when it moved to 5 because 5 don't make the programme they just show it.

good answer :)
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thats the entire reason Millions are going to be spent.
    IMO this time next year C4 will either be taken over or some massive goverment Rescue.
    the people who axed BB are moving on or have moved on.So far all the new shows have totally bombed on C4.

BB remains one of the highest rated shows still.Im more than willing to give C5 a chance because they said the magic word.'respect' for a much loved show.something C4 lost for BB a long long time ago.

and if rumours are true they are going to make it bigger and better and less PC

Hope this is true. :)

However much will depend on the audience their aiming for, for me.
  • Options
    TalullahmayTalullahmay Posts: 5,962
    Forum Member

I agree Oathy lets see it all Warts & all get rid of the PC Brigade this show was Brilliant till the complaints started. Take it back basics,, With new stuff added & let these housemates be themselfs once again!...:cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Channel Five did Back To Reality which I quite enjoyed.
    Let's just hope that when they take on Big Brother they start afresh with a new production team and don't take on the same people from Channel four to do the job.
    Big Brother needs to get back to being about the experiment and some humour needs to go into the show.
    The housemates should be far removed from thoughts of using it as a stepping stone to a career in celebritism.
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrsSpoon wrote: »
    Channel Five did Back To Reality which I quite enjoyed.
    Let's just hope that when they take on Big Brother they start afresh with a new production team and don't take on the same people from Channel four to do the job.
    Big Brother needs to get back to being about the experiment and some humour needs to go into the show.
    The housemates should be far removed from thoughts of using it as a stepping stone to a career in celebritism.[/QUOTE]

^ This
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One good thing about Channel Five, is being a smaller channel they do not need to go after huge viewing figures.

People forget that BB was a hit for Ch4 before the Nick incident. It was just that the Nick incident sent interest through the stratosphere, with BB2, BB3 only increasing viewing figures. As a result they have forever been chasing those Nick like/fight night 'water cooler' moments (or in recent years, fauxmances) to try and keep people's interests, and keep those over inflated viewing figures up. The only way they can do this, is by interfering with the show more, getting further and further away from the reality side of things, both in terms of what goes on in the house and how they edit it. In many ways BB has been a victim of it's own success and has been punching well outside it's weight limit for 10 years now. This is why, despite being one of Ch4's highest rated shows, it is seen as failing, simply bcause it can't match the viewing figures of those earlier series.

On the other hand, on Channel Five, the show only needs to get above 1.5million and it will be one of their top shows. They therefor do not need to take the same risks that BB on Ch4 does. That's not to say that they won't, if they haven't learnt the lessons of the past and also try too hard for over-inflated interest/viewing figures, but it does mean, if they are sensible, they have room to reboot the show and time to get things right and create a show with more sustainable ambitions.