Options

Jim Murphy quits the shadow cabinet

Comments

• Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gives Ed the chance to do a reshuffle. I wonder who will be for the chop or get promoted?
  • Options
    JohnVBJohnVB Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If there is a big reshuffle, I hope he gets rid of Douglas Alexander. He is useless, I really can't see Labour winning an election with him as their campaign chair, He has a history of losing, is a risk to Labour and a gift for the Tories.
  • Options
    MattNMattN Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with a reshuffle is that the one the needs to go is the one doing the reshuffling
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MattN wrote: »
    The problem with a reshuffle is that the one the needs to go is the one doing the reshuffling

The other problem with a reshuffle is that it can create enemies for the leader on the backbenches. Sometimes it's better to keep a potential troublemaker inside the tent where you have more chance of controlling them.

With an election approaching, he'll want to get his better media performers on the front bench so I'd expect promotions for the likes of Stella Creasy.
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    JohnVB wrote: »
    If there is a big reshuffle, I hope he gets rid of Douglas Alexander. He is useless, I really can't see Labour winning an election with him as their campaign chair, He has a history of losing, is a risk to Labour and a gift for the Tories.

Alexander's days are numbered. As a campaign organiser he is a disaster.
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Perhaps Margaret Curran will be replaced as shadow scottish secretary by Douglas Alexander?