Amy and Rory - what happens next?

13»

Comments

• bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    Will the Dr go back to tell Brian about Rory and Amy....and also what will happen to their house??
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I expect there will be some sort of tidy up after the events of TATM. Doctor owes it to Brian to explain what happened to them. Plus the legal situation with the house is tricky. Techniclaly the doctor gave it to the ponds as a gift in TGC. However he is married to their only child who was legitimate so River/Melody should inherit it by right. Amy and Rory must have made a will knowing how dangerous it was traveling with the doctor. Hopefully the paperwork can be sorted out. Plus would be cool for River to see her grandfather if only briefly.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I expect there will be some sort of tidy up after the events of TATM. Doctor owes it to Brian to explain what happened to them. Plus the legal situation with the house is tricky. Techniclaly the doctor gave it to the ponds as a gift in TGC. However he is married to their only child who was legitimate so River/Melody should inherit it by right. Amy and Rory must have made a will knowing how dangerous it was traveling with the doctor. Hopefully the paperwork can be sorted out. Plus would be cool for River to see her grandfather if only briefly.

Why would there be? The Doctor has lost the Ponds, so he'll want to distract himself, not go back to places that remind him of them. And I highly doubt River would care about a house in the 21st Century when she's a university professor in the 51st.

Alex Kingston's not in the Christmas special as far as I know, and it's Jenna's proper debut so it'll be rightly focused on her, not the Ponds.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    There is a loophole in which the Doctor could go back & rescue them - He can't go back to NY, as he'd rip it all to pieces.

What if the Ponds are on holiday in Miami or California, or any where other than NY, say in 19(not38)?

He not be going back to NY afterall then....

I hope Moff doesn't do this though, while I liked Amy & Rory, bringing them back would diminish their exit.
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,055
    Forum Member
    So now we know

Shame they didn't film it - agree, it robbed poor old Rory of a much more meaningful ending!
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mulett wrote: »
    So now we know

Shame they didn't film it - agree, it robbed poor old Rory of a much more meaningful ending!

They definitely should have filmed that. It was a real tear jerker.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So now we know

I'm just glad we have it. And I can so easily imagine Mark playing the scene as Brian.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :):pRory a dr himself and Amy a writer fforr the new york times and be a model , sshe was one in the real world and be a good one , rriver would jump ttime aaand visit them then break another waist fighting aanother angel ax or a star on broadway
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So now we know

I have nothing to say but :cry:
  • 16caerhos16caerhos Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It didn't make it into the episode, hell, it was't even filmed! So, is it canon?
  • bigaltbigalt Posts: 1,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should film it and then show it before the titles of the Christmas special.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    16caerhos wrote: »
    It didn't make it into the episode, hell, it was't even filmed! So, is it canon?

In mine (the BBC site published this, not someone who doesn't have the rights!) Others may vary.