Pressure cooker - it's complicated!

Miss PoppyMiss Poppy Posts: 1,217
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Well, have finally got a pressure cooker - a Tefal 'secure 5' one cos that's meant to be extra safe.

Reading the instructions and must say I'm finding them very complicated - also lots of scary 'don't's'

Will my relationship with my pressure cooker get better, or is it doomed to failure?

Comments

• diablodiablo Posts: 8,300
    Forum Member
    I've used pressure cookers for donkey's years and most of it is common sense. As long as you have enough liquid - but not too much - it will work.
  • Mad HatterMad Hatter Posts: 776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use a pressure cooker and it is so easy. A meal I do in it is a salmon fillet with fresh vegetables. Half a pint of water in the bottom and the potatoes, fresh vegetables in the tray and wrap the fresh salmon fillet in foil and pop that on top of the vegetables and cook all for a good 6 minutes. The salmon is cooked to perfection. I slice the potatoes the same size as the carrots so that everything cooks at the same time
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use my Prestige pressure cooker almost every day, especially during the colder months. I think they're invaluable. Keep at it, it gets easier to decipher the various steam venting sounds :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i use mine for home made chicken soup..i love soup when im not feeling well, like flu i had, comes in handy for that ..:) i love homemade chicken soup :p