Madonna - MDNA (Album Thread) (Merged)

Comments

• Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree that when we'll watch the full performance we'll all probably understand it and it'll be innocent, but from what we have, singing Born This Way then Express Yourself then "she's not me" is definitely shady.

You don't know if its shade or not until you see the performance. For all we know Gaga and Madonna could have filmed a segment similar to this one for the back screens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JZ172bB-68&feature=related

What and see eh?
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You don't know if its shade or not until you see the performance. For all we know Gaga and Madonna could have filmed a segment similar to this one for the back screens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpMns2H2kP0

What and see eh?

How awkward was it when Britney joined Madonna on stage for that performance? I think it was in LA. Britney just stood and was doing her thing, it was so :o . Then Madonna just pushed her off the stage for the start of Vogue.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Aww I love Britney and Madonna. M has always had her back. Thats why I don't believe she is shading Gaga here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww I love Britney and Madonna. M has always had her back. Thats why I don't believe she is shading Gaga here.

I feel like this will go down either amazingly or horribly. No middle ground.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gotta love how lady gaga fans really have taken it the wrong way without seeing how it will be eprformed live...i think it is hilarious!

I mean i like gaga, but sometimes there is always that step taken too far. Madonna isnt throwing this "shade" people speak of....Madonna is having a dig at the fact the media always pits female artist vs female artist...and Madonna is at that point in her career to really take a stance on it and speak out about it...personally i would love it if it is a massive in joke with gaga filmed a segment like the Human Nature/gimme more segment :D

We will see.

But these tour pics looks sensational!
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    Let's face it the hype surrounding BTW as the best gay anthem ever, Elton said that it was better than I will Survive...so I was so excited....then when i heard it .... I was like ok melodically it does sound like express yourself in parts but with higher tempo backbeat and baseline.... And it did underwhelm me ....then everyone was saying it was like express yourself.... But all credit it grew on me. And I love it now but it does melodically sounds the same as express yourself in parts. To Madonna-s cdit she said very little on the matter. In fact fans were disappointed that Madonna didn't defend her material. Now fans are angry that she has.

Oh I don't know...damned if you do, damned if you don't. Personally love both songs and the mash up does show that melodically there is more than a passing resemblance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's face it the hype surrounding BTW as the best gay anthem ever, Elton said that it was better than I will Survive...so I was so excited....then when i heard it .... I was like ok melodically it does sound like express yourself in parts but with higher tempo backbeat and baseline.... And it did underwhelm me ....then everyone was saying it was like express yourself.... But all credit it grew on me. And I love it now but it does melodically sounds the same as express yourself in parts. To Madonna-s cdit she said very little on the matter. In fact fans were disappointed that Madonna didn't defend her material. Now fans are angry that she has.

Oh I don't know...damned if you do, damned if you don't. Personally love both songs and the mash up does show that melodically there is more than a passing resemblance.

I know, that is the hypocrasy of the world we live in...damned if you do and damned if you dont is exactly what it is summed up.

i mean what is someone supposed to do with something like this...defend artistry or ignore is blankly?? hmmmmm.

But yeah i do see wht you mean....personally BTW as an album rises above the hysteria and underwhelmingness of the title song tbh which is a good thing.

And Express Yourself on Like A Prayer is so damn empowering, has been and always will be...the funky basslines, the gusto, the soul the preachy vocal.....top top top and it shows it translates across time with that rehearsal...its gonna be big!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    this is an obvious diss to LG! why would she mash it up then put she's not me at the end? goes to show she don't want anyone doing what she did best :p the tour needs controversy and this will have fans talking and going for each other's throats! MDNA tour is too quiet before the big opening as opposed to LG getting banned in indonesia and getting publicity for it. and i predict controversies with the use of the cross will rise once more :yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    danniilo13 wrote: »
    this is an obvious diss to LG! why would she mash it up then put she's not me at the end? goes to show she don't want anyone doing what she did best :p the tour needs controversy and this will have fans talking and going for each other's throats! MDNA tour is too quiet before the big opening as opposed to LG getting banned in indonesia and getting publicity for it. and i predict controversies with the use of the cross will rise once more :yawn:

Yawn at your post!
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    danniilo13 wrote: »

Madonna was using the cross and religious imagery in 1990. Tours and being banned are old hat for her and I've read plenty about the tour already, people criticising her using guns for a start and this isn't a tour that's even started. Madonna doesn't need extra publicity, she's on course to break her own records before all this came to light and have people considered she could be giving the message that 'I'm not Gaga, she's not me..move on and stop comparing'? Until we see the full performance lets wait and see
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TH14 wrote: »
    Madonna was using the cross and religious imagery in 1990. Tours and being banned are old hat for her and I've read plenty about the tour already, people criticising her using guns for a start and this isn't a tour that's even started. Madonna doesn't need extra publicity, she's on course to break her own records before all this came to light and have people considered she could be giving the message that 'I'm not Gaga, she's not me..move on and stop comparing'? Until we see the full performance lets wait and see

I never thought of it like that, but not you say it...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never thought of it like that, but not you say it...

Maybe that's why people should stop and think and wait and see rather than slagging Madonna off in other appreciation threads. If its a diss then it's a diss but until we see the full performance then we don't know if it's innocent
  • Madonna38Madonna38 Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe that's why people should stop and think and wait and see rather than slagging Madonna off in other appreciation threads. If its a diss then it's a diss but until we see the full performance then we don't know if it's innocent

Couldn't of said it any better myself.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i have no doubt madonna would go there, she really doesn't care less what people think as long as people are talking about her. personally, i don't see what the big deal is anyway and i don't understand why people need to rationalise it. at worst, its just a light hearted joke.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    i have no doubt madonna would go there, she really doesn't care less what people think as long as people are talking about her. personally, i don't see what the big deal is anyway and i don't understand why people need to rationalise it. at worst, its just a light hearted joke.

I have no doubt one of Gaga's closest friends or member of her team will come out and throw a tirade of abuse at Madonna if it does turn out to be a diss. I think we should wait and see though, it could be perfectly innocent and the message could be to stop the comparisons..Madonna is who she is and Gaga is who she is
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no doubt one of Gaga's closest friends or member of her team will come out and throw a tirade of abuse at Madonna if it does turn out to be a diss. I think we should wait and see though, it could be perfectly innocent and the message could be to stop the comparisons..Madonna is who she is and Gaga is who she is

yes, but even a `diss` would be light hearted banter, people take things too literally.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cannot wait to see this tour.....aaah so exciting, 2 more days!
  • IntotheSunIntotheSun Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    2jdj6kg.jpg

And not even 3 months after release. Oh dear.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IntotheSun wrote: »
    2jdj6kg.jpg

While its embarrassing its not bad because Madonna still got her worldwide records with MDNA and only needs one more UK number 1 album to over take Elvis.

When American Life bombed she went all out for Confessions. I think the same will happen here and all efforts into making album 13 huge will have already started being planned. You only have to listen to William Orbit to tell they aren't happy with anything that happened following MDNAs release.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    IntotheSun wrote: »
    2jdj6kg.jpg

Ooh I might grab myself a copy at that price. I love Madonna and normally buy all version of her albums but held of on this version.

Plus, as much as I hate to say it, a 3 month old album being sold at that price for an artist like Madonna is absolutely terrible. I just hope that this is just a blip and she will be back on full form for her next era. I never would have imagined this era (or indeed any Madonna era) to turn out like this. :cry:
  • jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    Ooh I might grab myself a copy at that price. I love Madonna and normally buy all version of her albums but held of on this version.

Plus, as much as I hate to say it, a 3 month old album being sold at that price for an artist like Madonna is absolutely terrible. I just hope that this is just a blip and she will be back on full form for her next era. I never would have imagined this era (or indeed any Madonna era) to turn out like this. :cry:

Don't you worry. The money lies in touring which is what she is doing right now. Expect her to top the Forbes female earner list 2012/2013 despite selling £3 per album.:rolleyes:
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    Don't you worry. The money lies in touring which is what she is doing right now. Expect her to top the Forbes female earner list 2012/2013 despite selling £3 per album.:rolleyes:

She should be worrying - despite you saying the tour makes money - what about her reputation as a successful pop star with an enviable chart record? This era has been more disastrous than American Life, she needs to leave the dressing up box and bring back some dignity to her image. Cheerleader tryouts were 40 years ago!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    She should be worrying - despite you saying the tour makes money - what about her reputation as a successful pop star with an enviable chart record? This era has been more disastrous than American Life, she needs to leave the dressing up box and bring back some dignity to her image. Cheerleader tryouts were 40 years ago!!

I agree she should be worried and I reckon they are. William Orbit had a huge outburst which suggests it has really got to them.

I think this is a good thing though. Hard Candy and MDNA are off the boil I think and haven't seen Madonna progress as an artist at all. If what has happened here triggers her to start talking herself seriously again then the results could be very positive for the next album. I certainly cannot see her wanting to sit back and allow her legacy to be pissed away. Madonna is too much of a control freak for that to happen. I think what has happened is that she doesn't know what her place in music now is so isn't sure what she really should be. I think behind closed doors her age might be really starting to get her down. Also this constant need she has for radio play in America is holding her back. If they don't want to play her then she should just forget about it and focus on making great albums. Not generic RnB tracks or overly dancey trance songs only designed to get radio space. She is better than that and we all know it.
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    I agree she should be worried and I reckon they are. William Orbit had a huge outburst which suggests it has really got to them.

I think this is a good thing though. Hard Candy and MDNA are off the boil I think and haven't seen Madonna progress as an artist at all. If what has happened here triggers her to start talking herself seriously again then the results could be very positive for the next album. I certainly cannot see her wanting to sit back and allow her legacy to be pissed away. Madonna is too much of a control freak for that to happen. I think what has happened is that she doesn't know what her place in music now is so isn't sure what she really should be. I think behind closed doors her age might be really starting to get her down.

Careful, you'll be accused of ageism!! I don't want her career to end with people thinking "oh Madonna put it away!!" - She dressed far more appropriately in videos like The Power of Goodbye, Don't Tell Me, and the street scenes from Hung Up....maybe she's trying to make a point about people's expectations of women in their 50s.
    What was Orbit's rant? I missed it!