BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 42)

1143144145146147149»

Comments

• LittsisLittsis Posts: 11,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    I'm sure that over the years a bond does develop between hairdresser and client, if the chemistry is good. I can remember when my h/d met her husband, when she got engaged, talking about wedding plans and seeing the photos. She's also a BB fan:D
    I agree, in 25 years we have been through several marriages, births and deaths on both sides. The current issue is ADHD, home schooling, and to ritalin or not to ritalin.
    Artemesia wrote: »
    Good Morning Lurkers :)

Re tipping hairdressers

Just as well as hairdressing is expensive here.

I colour it myself as they don't do an all-in price for cut, colour, & style, each component is separately priced. My cut and blow dry is 75 euros. I tip Michaelis, who cuts my hair, 10 euros,Eleftheria, who blow dries it and faffs about for ages trying to get volume, 5 euros and the guy that washes my hair and massages my scalp, 1 euro. This is standard.They provide free coffee.
    They offer manicures and beauty treatments too and have recently employed a Makeover Stylist who comes round and offers to put together a 'look' for you, for free.He told me that I didn't need his advice as I have a "strongly individual style", though he did suggest that a jaunty cap would pull it all together....I'm still not sure if he really admired my style or had decided I was beyond help...:D:D:D
    75 Euros. Gosh. Is there an owner who doesn't do hairdressing or is it rental costs or why so high? That is London or central city prices. But then is it Athens you go to for it?
    I would like extra treatments just for the relaxation but retiring to my bed is much cheaper.:)
    acker wrote: »
    Im not arte am I :o
    Be careful what you wish for. I sometimes wish I were, but then I remember heallth issues. (jokey but sincere smiley)
    Morning SR - good thing you reminded me! I knew last night that today was 1st but between sleeping and getting up I seem to have forgotten.
    It might just be me, but I can't think of a single 'look' which can be bettered in the wearing of 'a jaunty cap' - unless you're 12 years old.
    My friend Sally wears a jaunty cap. It suits her. She is bigger than me in height and weight. But I don't like the look. I always have the urge to say "Hello sailor" even though it is like the liver bird hat rather than a sailor's. Probably jealousy on my part. She has a very pretty face. So I'd be inclined to think the man was complimenting you.
    Morning guys

Back to heavy rain, quite windy but actually not cold.

I have an appointment for a blood test this morning so am currently drinking gallons of liquid:rolleyes:
    It's a funny old thing, normally I DO drink gallons but when you are told to do something it always seem harder. Good luck with the blood letting.

Gemo52 wrote: »
    Good morning. :)

I’ve had strangely aching muscles and joints for the past few days. Not hurting as such, just making me fidgety. On trial today will be extra strength Ibuprofen tablets. :confused:
    I am getting very confused with all the medication issues. I used to switch between ibuprofen and paracetamol, depending on the source of pain and with the silly thought that ringing the changes would take my body by surprise and remove the pain. Now I have had a medication review from my pharmacist who says I shouldn't be taking ibu if I can avoid it.
    I understand about the achy, uncomfortable muscles and joints, which i have experienced lately too. Surely it is not the weather? In my case I wonder whether it is the current lack of exercise, or my poorly controlled diabetes. :mad:
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Littsis wrote: »
    I agree, in 25 years we have been through several marriages, births and deaths on both sides. The current issue is ADHD, home schooling, and to ritalin or not to ritalin

Considering the bargain price you pay for your haircuts I would accept the ritalin if it makes it easier for the hairdresser to deal with you. :p
  • LittsisLittsis Posts: 11,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congrats to Man City. They played better than Utd and deserved to win. I am glad I was unable to watch the full match. It would have been very painful. MOTD was so short it made the pain bearable.
    The goal was good, but what the hell was the MU goalie doing, moving off his line and moving from in front of Tevez to behind him, made Kompany's job easier. But they deserved to score.
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    Considering the bargain price you pay for your haircuts I would accept the ritalin if it makes it easier for the hairdresser to deal with you. :p

Cheeky:p
  • nowahallanowahalla Posts: 10,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anyone want my OH, he's doing my head in:(
    ..despite being told this afternoon that we had no food in the house (no fridge) and me being at tennis for the last hour he's just asked what's for dinner. I've stomped off into the kitchen to find the wine and suggested he orders in pizza....needless to say he's now effed that up too so I'm trying to sort it out and give directions, in Thai, to the delivery boy. I'm not in a particularly good mood now..grrrr
    Tomorrow will mark one week without a functioning fridge (other than a small drinks one) and 5 days with a faulty pool pump pishing water out 24/7.......there are definitely times when this place is less than perfect. ho hum...just waiting for the phone to ring again re the poor pizza guy:rolleyes:
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    nowahalla wrote: »
    ..despite being told this afternoon that we had no food in the house (no fridge) and me being at tennis for the last hour he's just asked what's for dinner. I've stomped off into the kitchen to find the wine and suggested he orders in pizza....needless to say he's now effed that up too so I'm trying to sort it out and give directions, in Thai, to the delivery boy. I'm not in a particularly good mood now..grrrr
    Tomorrow will mark one week without a functioning fridge (other than a small drinks one) and 5 days with a faulty pool pump pishing water out 24/7.......there are definitely times when this place is less than perfect. ho hum...just waiting for the phone to ring again re the poor pizza guy:rolleyes:

There are times when men are worse than children for strops and unhelpful behaviour:rolleyes:
  • nowahallanowahalla Posts: 10,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are times when men are worse than children for strops and unhelpful behaviour:rolleyes:

....nods...yup:(...particularly annoying is his tendency to "take over" things if he feels I'm not dealing with them the way he would and then not following up what he's taken over, handing it all back to me and still trying to give "helpful" advice....stifles a scream of frustration....:(
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    :confused:Why are you ordering this stuff when we can get it locally at a fraction of the price?
    The price seemed fine to me and it comes frozen in a thermal case on the day i want it, can't be bad.
    Doesnt do much for me I am afraid, not a great lover of fish, only really eat it when its cod and chips from the chippy. :D
    I enjoy thse as well, but don't mind trying other foods, never found anything i don't like and there's some rather nice fish in that shop.
    nowahalla wrote: »
    If you can't speak Thai why not go and eat out, why should you be made to suffer, I'd tell him(hubby) where to go.
    Forum Member

Sexist:p
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Afternoon all.........*tosses newly cut & shampooed hair alluringly* :D
    Forum Member
    Scots rool wrote: »

Afternoon SR :) How short?
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Scots rool wrote: »
    I'll wait for you to post the picture.
    It won't be to long will it?
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,496
    Administrator
      Admin Notice: This thread is continued here: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=57968720#post57968720
    This discussion has been closed.