Freeview text service stopped working

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
Forum Member
Noticed yesterday (14/04/2015) that the red button text service on my older Sony Bravia digital TV stopped functioning. I can bring up the red button menu and browse the index - but select any other page and the text screen dismisses and returns to the normal TV screen.

I'm guessing BBC have made service changes and Sony haven't kept the sets firmware up to date? am I in the right ballpark here?

Can I continue to expect updates from Sony for older models?

Any other models fowled up..?

Comments

• technologisttechnologist Posts: 13,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just see if the usual computer trick of depower/unplug ... Wait 30 secs or more and then repowering / pluging in. Solves it?????
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    No it doesn't. Tend to turn things fully off overnight.

Just got tweet from @BBCRedButton tho. https://twitter.com/BBCRedButton/status/588700773032296448

With any luck the BBC might fix the service and I won't have to hope for a Sony update. Not sure they're still supporting this model, don't think its updated for years?
  • anthony davidanthony david Posts: 14,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had this problem on an old Bravia S series, couldn't access local pages on tuesday evening 14th, same scenario as you. It was working again yesterday afternoon (possibly earlier) have no idea what caused the problem. Still OK, just checked it (Winter Hill TX).
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,453
    Forum Member
    Mine wasn't working yesterday or today - I'm presuming the BBC have messed more things up making changes?, there are already many problems caused by their MHEG changes early this year.