Forum Member
    pugamo wrote: »
    Lasagne and chips make me so happy :D

and me :D
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dgi_m wrote: »
    If you consider the portion sizes given at fish & chip shops, I think you would agree that a lot of the chips are unnecessary.

When I lived in a previous town, every second Friday I would go to a certain chip shop and just get chips, or what I what I would call a 'chip mountain' because I would take it back to the office and five, yes five, people could share it and not go hungry. It was an insane amount of chips.
    pugamo wrote: »
    Lasagne and chips make me so happy :D
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    and me :D

and me too.:D
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,907
    Forum Member
    dgi_m wrote: »
    All the healthy eating experts say that you should never eat until you are full - chips exist to "fill you up".

There's no problem eating a small plate of chips for a meal, but having anything "with chips" is just unnecessary.

So people only eat chips to fill them up? As opposed to all those other foods we are eating just for a laugh you mean?
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,168
    Forum Member
    Can't remembeer the last time I had chips

I always have a green salad with lasagne. Probably because I never fail to get it out of the pan in a nice square. Ends up looking (as my OH used to say) that it's been eaten by someone else!

Your sauce probably needs to be thicker, is it very thin? Lasagne needs resting time out of the oven too, at least an hour I'd say. I personally leave it for several hours then reheat it when I'm ready to serve dinner.

As for the topic, I have had lasagne with chips and quite like it unfortunately, but lasagne is such an indulgent meal as it is, so I normally just eat it with salad. I haven't made a lasagne in ages, think I'll make one this week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i just make a little mini lasagne and eat it out of the dish, like when one goes out and has a lasagne in restaurant, i find it tastes better doing that :D ..Then the chips goes in a separate dish Lol
  • Brad_AdamsonBrad_Adamson Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    I once bought lasagne and chips from a local deli when I was hungover and it was like the second coming of Jesus
  • Nate_ThomasNate_Thomas Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    Lasagne and chips is the bee's knees
  • oilmanoilman Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ever had a Sir Walter mixed grill:

Mashed, roast and boiled potatoes plus chips!
  • whitecliffewhitecliffe Posts: 12,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guess i'm alone i prefer a tomato and onion salad with a little rocket with mine.

I do love chips though but never really liked garlic bread too greasy!
  • SherbetLemonSherbetLemon Posts: 4,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never fancied chips with lasagne. Surely it must make the chips go soggy? Yuck.

I like a nice big plate of lasagne on its own.

Actually, my guilty pleasure is Hungry Joe's Triple Cheese & Pepperoni lasagne. Delish!
    Forum Member
    I've never fancied chips with lasagne. Surely it must make the chips go soggy? Yuck.

I like a nice big plate of lasagne on its own.

Actually, my guilty pleasure is Hungry Joe's Triple Cheese & Pepperoni lasagne. Delish!

no..I have a separate dish to the lasagne, like a side dish..no sogginess for me :D
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you put lasagne, chips and garlic bread into a blender it's wonderful when spread on toast.
  • CaligCalig Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    I'm struggling to understand why people have these 2 together.

Why do chips go with lasagne? Isn't that a carb overdose..are you supposed to dip the chips into the lasagne? :confused:

A nice slice of garlic bread goes much better imo

I think it's just a cultural thing. lasagna needs an accompaniment to turn it into a dinner and in the UK it's more common to have chips with the main course than garlic bread .
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I'm struggling to understand why people are struggling to understand.

What? carbs on carbs!!!!

Pie & mash. Pastry with potatoes.
    Burger and fries. Bread with potatoes.

Also depends on the portion size. You could get twice as many portions of lasagna if you bulk it out with chips, salad and a slice of (garlic) bread.

I'm one of those who have happily had lasagna/spag bol with chips/jacket and garlic bread on the side :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I'm one of those who have happily had lasagna/spag bol with chips/jacket and garlic bread on the side :)

Me too, and I hope I will long continue to do so.
    Forum Member
    this is my tea tonight :D
  • fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    this is my tea tonight :D

You're in your element OM, a whole thread to discuss just lasagne & chips.. can we expect the same post next Saturday? :D
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have the larger portion of lasagne (vegetable lasagne) I've made on its own or with salad one day and then the smaller portion of it the next day, with chips or cubed fried potatoes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »
    cubed fried potatoes.

Now, there's a treat I don't have often enough.

Do all the people saying 'how coulkd you' to Lasagne and Chips, as it's a carb overload, never have a full English/Scottish/Irish breakfast, which is often meat, meat, meat, egg, bread and tomatoes.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Now, there's a treat I don't have often enough.

Do all the people saying 'how coulkd you' to Lasagne and Chips, as it's a carb overload, never have a full English/Scottish/Irish breakfast, which is often meat, meat, meat, egg, bread and tomatoes.
    I have an all day breakfast, which is the same but with chips ;)
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like not many people would agree with me that lasagne goes best with a crisp salad and some sliced tomatoes sprinkled with oil and freshly chopped basil?
  • andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    alan29 wrote: »
    Looks like not many people would agree with me that lasagne goes best with a crisp salad and some sliced tomatoes sprinkled with oil and freshly chopped basil?

I like the sound of that although I'm too lazy to make it that fancy
  • Unknown20Unknown20 Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote: »

Chip butties........heaven !

Me and my partner tend to not use a whole tin of beans between us, so I normally save the rest of the beans, heat them up the next day and add them to a buttered chip butty!
    Forum Member
    my tea..but i can't be bothered cooking it..always cooking n cleaning and fed up :(