Options

Dale Winton In For Steve Wright Radio 2

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    occy wrote: »
    Dale makes another apperance in for Steve from 10th August, also means Cilla is on Sunday Love Songs on the 16th August as said in other thread.

AARRGGG!!

Must remember to take some CD's so that I can avoid Dale's show, not impressed at all with what I heard last week. fot my travels that week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long is Steve off for this time?
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long is Steve off for this time?
    possibly 2 weeks?
  • Options
    BrainofMorbiusBrainofMorbius Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    Can't stand his mincing and Abbaesque choice of music
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't stand his mincing and Abbaesque choice of music

I think that's a tasty remark and should be removed.
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abbaesque choice of music

He does have some choice in the music played the rest is chosen by the producer
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was Aled Jones Friday just gone as the Wrighty crew took an extra day off for the start of their hols. It's shocking how he can be in two places at once for Sunday Love Songs.:D
  • Options
    manrowmanrow Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the Steve Wright show, but will turn off once Dale is on air.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dale is back covering for Steve all this coming week 12th April.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was Aled Jones Friday just gone as the Wrighty crew took an extra day off for the start of their hols. It's shocking how he can be in two places at once for Sunday Love Songs.:D
    Aled Jones is another DJ who somehow manages to be in two places at once - there have been occasions when he's presenting GMS on Radio 2 and also his Sunday morning show on Radio Cymru at the same time. Which one, if either, is live?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It did sound a little uneasy for the first hour on Mondays shows. Might have been trying to find his feet. He does come under the same catagory as Cilla Black and really going for the blue rinse brigade in the afternoon:D. Overall he's just the stand-in and people love him.
  • Options
    BoeyBoey Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    Quite enjoyed the show today.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    manrow wrote: »
    I like the Steve Wright show, but will turn off once Dale is on air.

Agree tuned in yesterday in error. Tuned backed out when I realised who was on - not good
  • Options
    Murray MintMurray Mint Posts: 9,129
    Forum Member
    I think Dale Winton is very good on this slot. He's sat in for Steve Wright many times in the past and each time he's done a grand job.

Dale is much better than some of Steve's recent stand-ins such as Graham Norton. Listening to him was like listening to fingernails being scraped down a chalkboard. :yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Dale Winton is very good on this slot. He's sat in for Steve Wright many times in the past and each time he's done a grand job.

Dale is much better than some of Steve's recent stand-ins such as Graham Norton. Listening to him was like listening to fingernails being scraped down a chalkboard. :yawn:

Dale is better that Graham Norton, but they all do come under the TV celebrity heading. I think Dale does attract the older listener, expecially the female listeners. Just wish he wouldn't sound like the show is scripted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dale is better that Graham Norton, but they all do come under the TV celebrity heading. I think Dale does attract the older listener, expecially the female listeners. Just wish he wouldn't sound like the show is scripted.

Mark,

Dale Winton has years of radio experience. He started out on radio in the 1970s and has worked his way up through the years.

I never used to like Dale on Pick of the Pops, but now I really like him.
  • Options
    CRTHDCRTHD Posts: 7,602
    Forum Member
    Cant stand him. The Smarmometer goes full-scale deflection!

He makes Cameron look / sound common.
  • Options
    trigpointtrigpoint Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have enjoyed listening to Dale this week, shame he isn't taking over permanently.

I just don't get Steve Wright, maybe he's too 'London'. I can't stand his characters.
  • Options
    Joey DeaconJoey Deacon Posts: 3,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trigpoint wrote: »
    Have enjoyed listening to Dale this week, shame he isn't taking over permanently.

I just don't get Steve Wright, maybe he's too 'London'. I can't stand his characters.

Completely disagree.

I could only take 10 minute of darling Dale. He's just too annoying for words.

Can't wait for Wrighty to be back on the big show next week with all the nonsense.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completely disagree.

Can't wait for Wrighty to be back on the big show next week with all the nonsense.

I agree with you Joey! Really cannot stand Dale at all. Had to resort to a CD in the car when he was on :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Completely disagree.

Dale Winton, unlike some presenters on Radio 2, doesn't shout at his listeners. He's quite gentle on the ears. I like him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    i have never been a fan of him on his tv shows,but i never thought i would say this but i really enjoyed dale this week .when sw comes on i switch off with his boring friends etc ,but Dale was a pleasent easy 3 hours hope he covers again and sw is lost in the vol ash somewhere.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't really tell if he drives the desk or not. Dale is a pleasant listen. I think the speed of these shows now can be a toll on some presenters who just host pre-recorded shows like Dale does with the weekly POTP's? If he got a regular slot I would listen always.
  • Options
    Mapperley RidgeMapperley Ridge Posts: 9,922
    Forum Member
    I think Dale does drive the desk when he's live.
  • Options
    trigpointtrigpoint Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Dale does drive the desk when he's live.
    I can see no reason why he wouldn't. I remember him as a DJ on Trent, long before he did TV.